Windows 10: Problem updating AMD Graphics driver

Discus and support Problem updating AMD Graphics driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot update my AMD graphics driver in windows 10, i've tried the WHQL & Beta drivers & i've also downloaded the driver from AMD & it still won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulLucas1, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Problem updating AMD Graphics driver

I cannot update my AMD graphics driver in windows 10, i've tried the WHQL & Beta drivers & i've also downloaded the driver from AMD & it still won't install. I've also lost some of my favourite websites on the last windows 10 update, I would like to know how to get round this & is this going to keep on happening.

:)

PaulLucas1, Oct 7, 2018

2. AMD graphic driver not working

Hi Kamal,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

The error message you are getting is probably due to some corruption in the Display driver files. I suggest you to try the steps provided in the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

We recommend you to download the drivers from the section manually select drivers, from this link :

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Go to the link under the section Manually select drivers put the graphics card information and select the Windows 10 32 bit or 64 bit .

Now uninstall the currently installed AMD card drivers an install the downloaded one.

Method 1 : Uninstall and reinstall the drivers from manufacturers website.

Sometimes even though the drivers are up to date there might be a some bugs/corruption with the drivers.

Step 1:

Steps to uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

1. “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    AMD Graphic Driver

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    If that issue persist try to install in Compatibility mode

Method 2::Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Problem updating AMD Graphics driver

Windows 10: Failed auto-update for graphics drivers removed drivers and getting error message "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly".

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing latest version of graphics card driver on Windows 10.

The issue could occur if display driver is corrupt or it is not installed properly.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "there was an Auto-update for my graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 8750M", is the update displayed in the Windows update list? How exactly the graphics card has been updated?
    • When you say that "removed my drivers", which drivers is removed from the Device Manager?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • When you say that "try to install the correct drivers, or uninstall the corrupt ones", from where exactly have you tried to install and uninstall the drivers?

I suggest you to update the latest driver for display adapter in the Device Manager and check if display driver is working properly or not.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Please get back to us with an update on display issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Problem updating AMD Graphics driver

1. Problem updating AMD Graphics driver - Similar Threads - Problem updating AMD

2. AMD graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD graphics driver: HelloEver since i updated my windows from 10 pro to windows 11, my AMD software stopped working. It continues to send an error message,like windows update have automatically replaced AMD graphics driver, anytime I want to open the app. Please is there a way i can rectify this...
  3. AMD graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD graphics driver: HelloEver since i updated my windows from 10 pro to windows 11, my AMD software stopped working. It continues to send an error message,like windows update have automatically replaced AMD graphics driver, anytime I want to open the app. Please is there a way i can rectify this...
  4. AMD Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Graphics Driver: Hello, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 and recently I got an error message telling me that the installed Graphics Driver was out of date and hat known problems. It then redirected me to the AMD website to the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition download page. I downloaded it and...
  5. AMD Graphics Driver

AMD Graphics Driver: Hello, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 and recently I got an error message telling me that the installed Graphics Driver was out of date and hat known problems. It then redirected me to the AMD website to the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition download page. I downloaded it and...
  6. AMD Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. AMD graphic drivers

AMD graphic drivers: Hi there i get this pop up every time windows updates to a new version via insider program, now it states the settings need to be reset but you cant reset them as you have to open AMD's GPU application to do so & when you attempt to open said application you get this box, now...
  8. AMD Graphics Driver

AMD Graphics Driver: I updated my drivers through AVG driver update. I am now getting a message that I do not have an AMD graphics driver installed and the computer screen is showing graphics properly. Where do I get the driver and how do I install it?...
  9. AMD graphics driver

AMD graphics driver: Sir, After updating the windows 10 , a message popped on the screen that no AMD Graphics driver is installed....help me out to resolve the said problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-graphics-driver/29b087f0-765b-4609-b18f-3b705e3e50c2
  10. AMD Graphics Driver Didn't Update?

in Windows 10 Support
    AMD Graphics Driver Didn't Update?: So after I installed Windows 10, AMD told me it needed to update. Great, because my computer looked like I didn't have a working graphics card. Installed, rebooted, but nothing changed. So I changed the DPI, which I found on these forums. It was already at 100%. I changed...