Windows 10: problem updating to Windows 10 v1903

Discus and support problem updating to Windows 10 v1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've currently October update v1809 installed on my laptop. two days ago, I got to know that there is a new update available named "feature update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShivamK, Jun 2, 2019.

1. ShivamK Win User

problem updating to Windows 10 v1903

I've currently October update v1809 installed on my laptop. two days ago, I got to know that there is a new update available named "feature update v1903". I've downloaded it till 99% but there was a message saying "there was a problem installing the update, please restart and try again". I tried restarting but got no help. None of my USB drives or SDCard were attached to my pc and display drivers were up-to-date (no games or other stuff are installed I just use browser only, google chrome). I've tried downloading and installing the update twice but nothing helped. I ran Update troubleshooter, SFC and DISM, none showed satisfactory results. I also have more than 100GB free in my C drive. I even stopped and restarted Windows update service but as I said earlier, "nothing helped". Can anyone please help me?

Error code : 0x80240034 ( what does this error code mean?? )

problem updating to Windows 10 v1903 ae7b6b3c-07f8-4e85-b29b-a3833337f84e?upload=true.png

:)

ShivamK, Jun 2, 2019

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 v1903 from v1809

Hi all,

I got my new Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 laptop which i got Windows 10 v1803 pre-installed. Out of curiosity i updated my windows forcefully to v1903 and lost my WiFi connectivity. I tried rolling back drivers and all the troubleshooting steps from various sites
    and it didn't help me.

On checking known issues for Windows 10 v1903 there is a issue with previous generation Qualcomm WiFi network cards. (Link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903 )

I reinstalled my Windows 10 and downgraded to v1809 and everything works fine. From today
    (29th May 2019) i started getting a notification in my windows update page that my PC is ready to upgrade to v1903.

problem updating to Windows 10 v1903 0c10afc3-fa46-4b52-87d5-9c32e93d7e19?upload=true.jpg

Should i go ahead and take the risk of updating or should i wait for more days before i get this updated?.

Hardware Details:

Network Card: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter

Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_003E&SUBSYS_080711AD

Any suggestions / solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sankar R

ramsankar0206, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 2, 2019
  4. problem updating to Windows 10 v1903

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

problem updating to Windows 10 v1903

1. problem updating to Windows 10 v1903 - Similar Threads - problem updating v1903

2. Windows 10 Update failed v1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update failed v1903: I had ran sfc and dism and windows update troubleshooter before updating the LaptopAfter 2-3hrs, going to about 50% while updating it just shut-ed itself down and then after about 10mins, I turned it on and then for about 30mins it was "Undoing the changes made to your...
  3. update to v1903

update to v1903: Have tried many times to update to v1903 and received the error 0x80070005 0x200a The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT operation Can anyone explain what the problem is? What happens if I cannot update and remain at v1809?...
  4. Windows 10 update v1903

Windows 10 update v1903: Unable to update my Aspire one 1-431 laptop. The update continually fails s it requires about 8GB to install and my laptop is unable to meet this requirement. I have stripped out all additional apps other that the windows installed ones, deleted any items in the recycle bin...
  5. Features Update to Windows 10 V1903

Features Update to Windows 10 V1903: Apologies for the long post: I have a mini pc that I bought online and it has worked wonderfully until the Windows 10 upgrade came along and now every time Windows throws yet another pile at us, absolutely EVERYTHING goes down the toilet. The upgrade alone took MONTHS to get...
  6. Windows 10 Update v1903

Windows 10 Update v1903: Hello, I decided to update my windows 10 1803 to 1903 but it doesn't work. Please help me.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-v1903/f890c78e-e4fa-4b47-ae9c-8c1444498370
  7. Windows 10 Update Fail (v1903)

Windows 10 Update Fail (v1903): I cannot update my windows 10 PC to 1903 for some reason, and have tried all kind of things from sfc scannow, repairing windows update, windows update troubleshooter, windows 10 update assistant, and mostly all solutions from the internet without any solution. Can somebody...
  8. Windows insider problem after update to v1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows insider problem after update to v1903: After I updated to windows 10 v1903, I cannot select "Skip ahead" in windows insider. very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-problem-after-update-to-v1903/3b31771d-17c3-4811-a387-c6a83c8a8e22
  9. Update to v1903 bring problems with Send to option.

Update to v1903 bring problems with Send to option.: The problem is when I add shortcut from PC with shared folder in domain, Network place(NAS etc.) or Server MAP, it wont show up in send to option. All the shortcuts to folders are in C:\Users\profile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo but only basic options are shown up...
  10. windows 10 v1903

windows 10 v1903: Can anyone help. I have had one pc and one laptop suffer loss of location/language since updating to this version. No matter what I do in settings I cannot get anything but English us in my search engines (firefox /edge/google). I have had to reset my pc it went into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when iam install the windows10 v1903 fresh on pc not updating