Windows 10: Problem Updating Windows Defender

Discus and support Problem Updating Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Virus protection is not up grading [Original Title: my PC is not upgrading]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MehaboobBasha, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Problem Updating Windows Defender

Virus protection is not up grading

[Original Title: my PC is not upgrading]

:)

MehaboobBasha, Sep 15, 2019
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Problem Updating Windows Defender

Jsssssssss, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Problem Updating Windows Defender

1. Problem Updating Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Problem Updating Defender

2. Windows Defender Update Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Update Problem: i keep getting reminders my defender is out of date, however when trying to update it always fails, how do i solve this issue, thanks [Original Title: windows defender]...
  3. Problem Updating Windows Defender

Problem Updating Windows Defender: Split from this thread. I have the same problem where windows defender and everything around it is just demolished. I can't update anything, I can not do the simplest update & windows security. I am really worried I tried to look as you said about if there might be an extra...
  4. Problem Updating Windows Defender

Problem Updating Windows Defender: Split from this thread. I coudnot update windows defender in my laptop. can any one find out my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problem-updating-windows-defender/f36e4f24-a4b9-4708-8aa2-bf7e45f5a807
  5. problem in updating windows defender.

problem in updating windows defender.: i have problem in updating windows defender in Windows 8.1 . whenever i start updating this process takes to much time and its updating process just stop here ,what should i have to do ? [ATTACH]...
  6. Problem with Windows Defender Update

Problem with Windows Defender Update: Split from this thread. my laaptop par windows 10 difender not updated what can solve it please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problem-with-windows-defender-update/a630facb-93d4-4710-8b53-66063a221f89
  7. Windows Defender Update Problem

Windows Defender Update Problem: I've been trying to update my windows defender for a while now,all it does is download the update but does not complete the installation process. It says there was a problem with the network even when the network is working just fine, then requires ,me to re-download which I...
  8. Problem with Update Windows Defender

Problem with Update Windows Defender: Split from this thread. why i couldent update my defender please help me!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problem-with-update-windows-defender/47b0ba9a-8b98-4424-b16c-bc72202c09ab
  9. windows defender update problem

windows defender update problem: i can not update my windows defender plz help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/windows-defender-update-problem/cc27c522-2641-4c94-a915-f44a4698c6c6
  10. Problem Updating Windows Defender

Problem Updating Windows Defender: it wont let me update. I have tried multiple times but it says internet connection failed. plz help, thx [Original Title: updating]...