Windows 10: Problem upgrading Laptop Acer Extensa 5230C / 32 bit / 465 GB Ram memory with Windows 7...

Discus and support Problem upgrading Laptop Acer Extensa 5230C / 32 bit / 465 GB Ram memory with Windows 7... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; GM Dear Microsoft communities forums or engineers like BulldogXX and Rimonkhan . hope everything is well Problem upgrading Laptop Acer Extensa 5230C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pedro R Bernal, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Problem upgrading Laptop Acer Extensa 5230C / 32 bit / 465 GB Ram memory with Windows 7...

GM Dear Microsoft communities forums or engineers like BulldogXX and Rimonkhan . hope everything is well

Problem upgrading Laptop Acer Extensa 5230C / 32 bit / 465 GB Ram memory with Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10

I have a big problem I'm trying to upgraded my family laptop Acer Extensa 5230 C with windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 version the process starter fine I get the light blue screen saying that Windows 10 is been installed on it and it will restarted a couple's of time after this it goes into the black screen with the windows square icon of windows 10 and the round clock star going on.

But after a couples hours doing the round clock I get a message saying everything is going back and the laptops return back to Windows 7 Ultimate I don't know why?

I need help with this problem is my father computer he only used for his emails and basic stuff. I such be able to upgrade this laptop to Windows 10 right. any advise please?

Thx Pedro Robert

:)

Pedro R Bernal, Oct 4, 2020

2. Problem with application memory in windows 7 32 bit?

I used firefox with many opened tabs. Firefox used 1.7 GB (and more) of RAM and worked well. But unfortunately after one windows update, firefox started to crash using memory above 800 - 900 MB of RAM. Later it turned out that this is much
    more serious problem because some serious programs (cad system ANSYS) intended to use 2 GB RAM and above, now crash at 1.2 GB RAM or about. Is there way to return to previous behavior of windows 7 32 bit where applications could use 2 GB of ram with no problems?
    Thanks. Best regards.

ialtaparmakov, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Win 7 Home 32-bit was Upgraded to Win 10 as a result amost 60% RAM remains underutilized - How to resolve - How to change 32-bit Win 10 to 64-bit?

I have a 64-bit desktop PC with 8GB RAM installed on it.

I had installed 32-bit Windows 7 Home (SP1) on it (when I purchased the O/S DVD, years ago, I only had a 32-bit machine).

Yesterday, I upgraded it to Windows 10.

"This PC >> Property" shows

-- Installed Memory (RAM): 8 GB (usable 3.4 GB) (less than half)

-- System type: 32-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Thus, my installed memory remains underutilized. This situation can be rectified by changing the Operating System from 32-bit to 64-bit, I guess.

But, the question that I face here is "How do I do that"?

Help, with a step-by-step simple approach, will be much appreciated.

Thank you, all!

Problem upgrading Laptop Acer Extensa 5230C / 32 bit / 465 GB Ram memory with Windows 7... 56be3dae-9782-440a-9b95-c42e04f798ab.jpg

mr-live-in, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Problem upgrading Laptop Acer Extensa 5230C / 32 bit / 465 GB Ram memory with Windows 7...

Problem with application memory in windows 7 32 bit?

How much memory have you got on board ?

2 Gig or 4 Gig ?

If you only have one 2 Gig Module installed i would suggest you add another.

Trouble being if its still the older DDR2 ( PC6400 ) they are getting harder to find.

Since you are running a 32 bit system it will only see approx 3 Gig of 4 Gig.

The reason behind the so-called ‘3GB barrier’ lies in the architecture of 32-bit operating systems. Each individual byte of RAM has its own physical address that the system uses to access particular units of memory. 32-bit systems
    have a limit on the amount of addresses available for RAM and various other components. Depending on your setup, this can limit the amount of RAM your system can support to somewhere around 3GB — although it could be slightly higher or slightly lower.

There are many work around`s
    BUT they require a in depth knowledge of msconfig, Services and Processes.
    when the computer is booted.

One could TURN OFF / STOP FROM RUNNING TEMPORARILY certain START UP PROGRAMS in MSCONFIG depending on whats installed.

Same goes for certain SERVICES and PROCESSES that may not be required, ( NOTE : of which many do require to start at boot ).

This may release some memory.

Still , i would not recommend this without one having prior knowledge of whats SAFE TO STOP FROM RUNNING TEMPORARILY and WHAT IS NOT.

Frank N St31n, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Problem upgrading Laptop Acer Extensa 5230C / 32 bit / 465 GB Ram memory with Windows 7...

1. Problem upgrading Laptop Acer Extensa 5230C / 32 bit / 465 GB Ram memory with Windows 7... - Similar Threads - Problem upgrading Laptop

2. Activation Problem on Windows 7 Professional 32 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation Problem on Windows 7 Professional 32 bit: i asking for assistance on how to resolved my problem that i encountered. I tried to Activate my windows 7 using CD, but there's a error appeared. i search on browser on how to resolved but didn't not work. My date & time are Synchronize. i tried also to update my windows...
  3. upgrade windows 7 32-bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade windows 7 32-bit: i have windows 7 32-bit installed on my laptop, can i upgrade it to windows 10 64-bit for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-7-32-bit/686193e2-8689-46e5-b89c-3edd05687e46
  4. upgrade windows 7 32-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade windows 7 32-bit: i have windows 7 32-bit installed on my laptop, can i upgrade it to windows 10 64-bit for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-7-32-bit/686193e2-8689-46e5-b89c-3edd05687e46
  5. Windows 7 32 bit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 32 bit: My Windows 7 32 bit device manager does not open and services to any solutions for it ? ( My english is not good :) submitted by /u/Kind-Information428 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uvchiu/windows_7_32_bit/
  6. Cheap laptop 32 GB RAM Memory Card deals currently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cheap laptop 32 GB RAM Memory Card deals currently: Hi folks I don't normally get involved in "Black Friday" stuff -- Ghastly US idea like that hideous Halloween thing - but if you have a laptop that you can easily open up then there's a load of decent cheap 2 X 16 GB , 1X16 GB and 1X 32 GB RAM cards (specially for laptops)...
  7. windows 7 32 bit can't upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 7 32 bit can't upgrade to 10: Hello I downloaded the tool from here : MediaCreationTool2004 but can't be fully finished. It reached the process of updating and just 4 - 5 minutes remain to completely installed , but stopped ??...
  8. 32 gb Ram Help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    32 gb Ram Help: I am using 32 gb on my computer and running a few applications but my memory is at 77 percent [img] - - - Updated - - - Is there any way to find out what is using so much of it and to reduce it - - - Updated - - - i am tech savvy up to a point but don't know why this is...
  9. Upgrading to 32 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading to 32 GB RAM: Hi all, I have 16 GB RAM ( Two 8 GB sticks) and in the near future I want to upgrade to 32 GB RAM. Can I put another two 8 GB sticks near my other two or should I remove both 8 GB sticks and replace them by two 16 GB sticks? Thanks. My motherboard is ROG STRIX B360-H Gaming...
  10. Upgrading to 32 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading to 32 GB RAM: Hi all, I have 16 GB RAM ( Two 8 GB sticks) and in the near future I want to upgrade to 32 GB RAM. Can I put another two 8 GB sticks near my other two or should I remove both 8 GB sticks and replace them by two 16 GB sticks? Thanks. My motherboard is ROG SRIX B360-H Gaming...