Windows 10: Problem upgrading to Win 11 on Parallels

Discus and support Problem upgrading to Win 11 on Parallels in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am running Win 10 on Parallels on a 2019 MacBook Pro. When I try to upgrade I get a message that there is a 'legacy BIOS' and it cannot be upgraded.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nick Beds, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Nick Beds Win User

Problem upgrading to Win 11 on Parallels

I am running Win 10 on Parallels on a 2019 MacBook Pro. When I try to upgrade I get a message that there is a 'legacy BIOS' and it cannot be upgraded. Can I download Win 11 without having to pay for it? My copy of Win 10 was upgraded from Win 7 on Parallels. The original Windows 7 was part of a 3 pack I bought when it came out and I no longer have the box / paperwork.

:)

Nick Beds, Jan 19, 2022
  2. Ivan_Lai Win User

Parallels 11 to Bootcamp Win 10 activation

Installed a licensed copy of Win 7 pro 64 bit under Parallels 11 at my new MacBook. Upgrade to Win 10 64 bit Pro with no problem with activation. Found out that 1 of my USB Token is not function properly and decided to switch to Bootcamp as both tech at
    Microsoft and Parallels unable to resolve the issue.

Created a bootable Win 10 USB and proceed with Bootcamp installation (Unable to use Win 7 as the latest MacBook Bootcamp require Win 8 and above). Installed Win 10 without entering product key and after installation it did detect my product key for Win 10
    from previous installation under Parallels 11. My USB Token now function correctly. However, under Bootcamp my Win 10 is not activated even though it detected my product key.

Problem upgrading to Win 11 on Parallels 21ba6e4f-652b-4b86-9426-d7e4ca946311.jpg

Called Microsoft and they suggest me to get a new copy of Win 10. That is not helpful at all. Unable to install Win 7 under Bootcamp to re-upgrade again. Is there any other way to resolve this?

Ivan_Lai, Jan 19, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade within Parallels 11

i am currently running Parallels 11 with Windows 7 Pro on my Apple Mac 2010 27inch. when trying to upgrade the Windows Virtual Window to Windows 10 I get the error message that I do not have enough Ram. The Apple Mac has 8gb of Memory whereas the upgrade
    requires only 2gb.

I have no problems with running Parallels 11 with Windows 7 Pro but would like to complete the step and upgrade the Virtual window to Windows 10.

Any ideas please

John Rey43, Jan 19, 2022
  4. Dell Win User

Upgrading to win 10 in parallels

Hi all not sure if any one can help but I am trying to upgrade from win 7 sp1 pro. 64 bit in parallels but it keeps failing it is setup with 2 gig of RAM it is the latest parallels 11 .
    l have checked for updates to win 7 but it keeps on checking forever not sure if this the problem but if it is not sure how to solve it . I have tried the standalone updater it is doing the same.
    if anyone can help that would be great thanks in advance
    PS the Windows 7 is activated

Thema:

1. Problem upgrading to Win 11 on Parallels - Similar Threads - Problem upgrading Parallels

2. Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 upgrade: The PC Health Checker says I can’t upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11. My Processor, an AMD Ryzen7 1700 is not supported. Any Idea why that would be? A 3yr old PC and I should buy a new Processor if that would even take care of the issue.This is...
  3. win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 upgrade: I have just upgraded my laptop to win 11 pin number not work forgotten pass word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-upgrade/7985e0b4-2689-4cdf-81ac-6b4664d169d1
  4. Upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Win 11: Trying to upgrade laptop to Win 11. My processor is listed on Microsoft compatibility list as one that will work with Win 11, but the health check says it won't and therefore will not allow upgrade. All other items on list are ticked green. Any advice please?Thanks....
  5. Win 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 11 Upgrade: I have laptop running Win 10 x64, which is eligible for Win11 upgrade.I previously got the update via Windows Update but did not want to upgrade so I declined it, but I have now reconsidered and want to upgrade. But I can't see the update anymore in my windows update tab. Is...
  6. Problem upgrading to Win 11 on Parallels

Problem upgrading to Win 11 on Parallels: I am running Win 10 on Parallels on a 2019 MacBook Pro. When I try to upgrade I get a message that there is a 'legacy BIOS' and it cannot be upgraded. Can I download Win 11 without having to pay for it? My copy of Win 10 was upgraded from Win 7 on Parallels. The original...
  7. upgrade to Win 11

upgrade to Win 11: I can't upgrade to win 11. says my CPU not compatible I have a I7 6700k. It is listed as one that is compatible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-win-11/bbb26463-813c-4878-9324-9ea85f953d98
  8. Win 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Upgrade: I have 2 Desktop PCs we use for work at home. Both are upgradeable to Win 11. However, when asked if I wanted to upgrade them I selected "stay with Win 10 for now" because it wasn't a convenient day to upgrade. Will the chance to upgrade for free recur or am I hosed? I did...
  9. Win 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Upgrade: My MS PC Health Check [downloaded today 5/Oct] says everything is ok to upgrade to Win11. However, my Windows Updater reports that 'This PC doesn't meet the requirements for Windows 11' and to download the PC Health Check which I've already done. It's a modern PC [Ryzen 9,...
  10. Upgrading to win 10 in parallels

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to win 10 in parallels: Hi all not sure if any one can help but I am trying to upgrade from win 7 sp1 pro. 64 bit in parallels but it keeps failing it is setup with 2 gig of RAM it is the latest parallels 11 . l have checked for updates to win 7 but it keeps on checking forever not sure if this the...