Windows 10: Problem upgrading to Windows 20H2

Discus and support Problem upgrading to Windows 20H2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC is still running on Windows 10 pro Version 1803 which reaches end of service on 11/5. When trying to download the latest version I get a notice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Roamer59, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Roamer59 Win User

Problem upgrading to Windows 20H2

My PC is still running on Windows 10 pro Version 1803 which reaches end of service on 11/5. When trying to download the latest version I get a notice asking me to manually uninstall Avira Antivirus 2018. I do not have this installed in my apps but have tried to install the latest version.......my Windows needs to be upgraded to 20H2 to do that, Catch 22! I uninstalled all my Malware/anti-virus temporarily and now the only free antivirus I can download is AVG, so I am covered basically.

Sometimes I get errors coming up, but not all the time. The ones I have received are:

• 0xc1900130
    • 0xc1900109
    • 0xc1900209
    • 0x80070002

I have tried 20+ times to download to the latest version but I'm stuck. Any help would be much appreciated for a self-confessed technophobe!

Thank you...

:)

Roamer59, Apr 13, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 13, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

I doubt it is a glitch. I suspect it was designed that way.

NavyLCDR, Apr 13, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Problem upgrading to Windows 20H2 - Similar Threads - Problem upgrading 20H2

2. Upgrading to 20h2, problems with Windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to 20h2, problems with Windows updates: I have some Windows 10 machines which are not updating via the normal Windows update screen. I have had this problem before when the pc was still running 1909. So I updated the machine to 20h2, which seemed to fix it. But not this time.I had no issues with the upgrade to 20h2...
  3. 20H2 upgrade issue

20H2 upgrade issue: after 20H2 upgrade the local accounts switch vanished from the starting page. I cannot step in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-upgrade-issue/dd0e0ab7-e163-4cc4-8da9-dfd428e73377
  4. windows 10 upgrade to 20H2

windows 10 upgrade to 20H2: I have a problem attempting to upgrade to windows 10 version 20H2. I can download it OK and am advised it will install pending a restart. When I restart it says "Configuring" but only gets to 38% complete and crashes with an error code "0x80242016". The Microsoft help...
  5. Problems with upgrading to Windows 10 20H2

Problems with upgrading to Windows 10 20H2: For several months, I have been having trouble updating my laptop to Windows 10 20H2 I am currently on Windows 10 1909. What happens is that when I let the update start, it will start updating normally, no problem. I have enough space on my computer's hard drive. Then once...
  6. 20H2 problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    20H2 problems: I run Win 10 32 bit, home edition. I installed the latest features update, 20H2, twice now. Each time, I lose the mouse and keyboard. After uninstalling the update via rescue disk as the mouse and keyboard don't work in the updated windows 10, I have the mouse and...
  7. Windows 10 Version 20H2 Upgrade Problem

Windows 10 Version 20H2 Upgrade Problem: I decided to install the 20H2 upgrade on my 2 PCs this morning. Both were running version 2004. All went fine on my laptop, but I'm left with a problem on my desktop PC. The upgrade appeared to complete normally as shown in the specs (see screenshot) however I was left with...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade: Every time on every half-year upgrade I upgraded Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool without any problems until now. However, last upgrade from 20H1 to 20H2 don't allow me to keep my personal files and apps. Only options Nothing is allowed and other options is grayed out. I...
  9. Upgrade to 20H2 failed

Upgrade to 20H2 failed: The laptop was offered the feature upgrade to Win 10 20H2. It is still running 1903. It had failed 1909, 2004 with this error 0x80004005 - 0x1000A,The installation failed in the DOWNLEVEL phase with an error during PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT operation. Since Microsoft does not like...
  10. Search problems after upgrading to windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search problems after upgrading to windows 10 20H2: I upgraded to this update yesterday (from windows updates), it was available automatically. But after upgrading, I faced this problem: Whenever I start typing in start menu, search doesn't appear. When I click on search bar, then type something, no results (in fact nothing)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installed windows 10 version20h2 and now macro doesnt work