Windows 10: Problem upgrading to windows10. Tried everything on the internet !!

Discus and support Problem upgrading to windows10. Tried everything on the internet !! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please need help. I'm tiered calling MS support. I am having a Sony Vaio 15137 e series came with win 8 os. I updated it to windows 8.1 when its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Abhi, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Abhi Win User

Problem upgrading to windows10. Tried everything on the internet !!

Please need help. I'm tiered calling MS support.

I am having a Sony Vaio 15137 e series came with win 8 os. I updated it to windows 8.1 when its launched. And a few days before I reset It to windows 8.
    Now I tried upgrading it to windows 10 but failed. Later according to MS Support I tried using media creation tool for downloading windows 10 ISO. My windows 8 was single language pack. So as directed by them, I chose following options for downloading ISO.
    Language- English US
    Version- Windows 10
    Architecture 64bit
    I mounted ISO file and first option came was whether to check for updates or not. And next step asking for a product key. Which is not required for free upgrade I believe. There was no option to chose upgrade or clean install.
    What could be the problem. Is it because I failed to reserve.? I don't see an upgrade logo in my system tray.

:)

2. pli1957 Win User

Windows 10 - No internet tried everything!

I'm in the same boat. Nearly. Seems like "wcmsvc" is hanging. When I start it manually, it tells me that is is starting or stopping. This can also be seen in "services" as the process is marked "starting" .

I have tried to downgrade to win7, and my network card works again. Basically I think its an incompatibility issue arising from my realtek/Ralink RT5390R wifi card. I have tried all available tricks, new drivers etc.

Also wlansvc is not starting. Here I get a 1068 error. The service could not start, as the service and group depending on it did not start. (All translated from the Danish texts)

Seems like the only solution is to downgrade.

The laptop is: HP Pavillion g6 Notebook PC , CPU B960, 2,2 GHz 4GB Ram. x64 based.

pli1957, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - No internet tried everything!

I'm in the exactly same shoes:

I'm using a Lenovo X1 Carbon, with Intel(R) Dual Bank Wireless-N 7265 and Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I218-LM.

I updated the drivers from Lenovo website, and they all list as "This device is working properly" in device manager.

Both network adapters are disabled. I can click on "Enable" and the system will try to enable them but finally it's still disabled. Diagnostics shows "Windows couldnt' automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter".

When I run "netcfg -s n" nothing is returned.

When I run "net start nativewifip" it return with System error 31.

When I look into the properties of the adapters (both ethernet and wifi) they are all EMPTY. The Iinstall button is greyed out...

I used to have F5 VPN on the computer but now I've uninstalled them... still no luck.

I also tried to install services in netcfg... like "netcfg -c s -i ms_nativewifip" or "netcfg -winpe" and they all return with 0x80004001.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated....

Best regards,

James,

JamesLao85, Nov 19, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

If you don't boot from outside source like bootable USB or DVD but go with setup.exe, than only option is to upgrade. If you boot from that other source, than you'll have those options.

CountMike, Nov 19, 2015
  5. Abhi Win User
    Hi mike. Thankyou for your reply. I tried the same still it doesn't work. *cry

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Try the "upgrade this PC now" option of the media creation tool.

NavyLCDR, Nov 19, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Download the Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft Tech Bench. Since you have Windows 8.1 Single Language version, you probably need to download the Single Language to be able to upgrade. If you download the "Windows 10" version it is different and cannot upgrade a Single Language. Also make sure you download the "English" (English US) language, because "English International" is English GB and cannot upgrade English US Windows. It has to be the same version, same language and of course same bit (32 or 64) to allow you to upgrade. To make it faster and avoid any issues, clear the "Search for updates" box during setup.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem upgrading to windows10. Tried everything on the internet !! - Similar Threads - Problem upgrading windows10

2. problem with headphones not connecting, tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with headphones not connecting, tried everything: Nothing im doing is connecting headphones, two different brands in every usb port and headphone jack. not making a connecting sound or appearing in sound on control panel, not even showing up at all. please help I cant do anything to connect them and i dont want to keep...
  3. problem with headphones not connecting, tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with headphones not connecting, tried everything: Nothing im doing is connecting headphones, two different brands in every usb port and headphone jack. not making a connecting sound or appearing in sound on control panel, not even showing up at all. please help I cant do anything to connect them and i dont want to keep...
  4. Computer not able to access internet - tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not able to access internet - tried everything: When on my PC, it isn’t allowing me to connect to the internet via Ethernet. I’ve tried rebooting the computer, disconnecting network and reconnecting the network, disconnecting and reconnecting the switch among other things. All other wired devices on the network are working...
  5. Computer not able to access internet - tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not able to access internet - tried everything: When on my PC, it isn’t allowing me to connect to the internet via Ethernet. I’ve tried rebooting the computer, disconnecting network and reconnecting the network, disconnecting and reconnecting the switch among other things. All other wired devices on the network are working...
  6. Trying to upgrade 32bit Windows10 to 64bit. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to upgrade 32bit Windows10 to 64bit. Help: I have an older computer, but it has Windows 10 pro on it (2004), and 32bit operating system with a 64based processor it says in the "About", so I know it's capable of being upgraded. I did the whole creation installation media tool thing with a USB and finished downloading...
  7. No internet, I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet, I've tried everything: (Toshiba satellite c55t-c) yesterday I was updating to version 2009, got to 2004 all was fine, then 2009. No internet on wifi or ethernet. Other devices work fine so it's not my router. I reverted back to 2004 but I still have no internet. I've gone into cmd and tried every...
  8. Extreme Internet problems windows10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extreme Internet problems windows10?: Hello, i have the problem since a longer time, when i start my pc (connected via wlan) it says "no internet" at the beginning, after some time it goes again BUT on youtube videos it breaks down all the time and the videos don't load. The whole time it says "Connected" but...
  9. No internet access secured.... Tried everything.

No internet access secured.... Tried everything.: When i go troubleshoot it says that "Default gateway not fixed" and when i do the ipconfig /renew it says that its unable to contact dchp server. I did everything all the command prompts. I watched every solution and videos in YouTube my Network card is updated to the latest....
  10. Windows 10: "No Internet, open" Tried Everything

Windows 10: "No Internet, open" Tried Everything: I've been struggling with this for a good 6 hours now. Even the console is of no help in fixing this. Only topics about this problem are from 2015. I've tried (in administrator mode): netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset netcfg -d ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew...