Windows 10: Problem uploading photos from camera to the hard disk on my laptop

Discus and support Problem uploading photos from camera to the hard disk on my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Until recently I was able to upload pictures from my non-phone camera to the Pictures file on my hard disk. Since the November update to MS10 these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sjh001, Dec 24, 2020.

1. sjh001 Win User

Problem uploading photos from camera to the hard disk on my laptop

Until recently I was able to upload pictures from my non-phone camera to the Pictures file on my hard disk. Since the November update to MS10 these uploads now go to OneDrive which has been a nuisance that I haven't been able to resolve. I use a basic flip phone and have no need for the synching features, etc., that OneDrive provides. I've taken steps to keep my documents, downloads, etc. from going to OneDrive and to stay on the hard disk; however, my photo uploads still go to OneDrive. I do have the Photos app is installed. What can I do to force them to upload to my hard disk?

:)

sjh001, Dec 24, 2020

2. problems uploading photos from SD card or camera

Hi

You shouldn't need to do any cutting and pasting.

Plug in your Camera or Card Reader Via USB

Then: Windows System>Scroll Down to>This PC>Where you should find your Camera Card listed as Removable Drive 'G'

Click: on this Hard Drive Symbol and DCIM comes up, then Click: on DCIM and 100SSCAM comes up Click: on 100SSCAM and all your Photos should appear (Maybe as Listed View) but if you Click: on the Tiny Thumbnail, at the Bottom Right, the Listed View them Changes into 'Thumbnails' or you can go back to listed view by Clicking: the Tiny Symbol next to the Thumbnail one.

So the First thing to do, is to Change the Listed View into 'Thumbnails' and if you want 'Bigger' or 'Smaller' 'Thumbnails' Click: View at the Top Of the Screen, where you can then Select the Sizes Available.

So having Changed the Listed View into 'Thumbnails' You can 'Drag and Drop' them into either Pictures, or another Folder or Sub-Folder of your Choice.

That way you also get to Choose the Photos that go in What Folder and as such you can also leave out the ones that you don't want.

Cyberdesigner, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Problem uploading photos

The only place that allows me to upload photos 100% of the time is facebook.

Techpowerup fails 100% of the time.

And photobucket can upload photos if I do them one at a time, but even uploading a single photo takes much longer then usual.

Any ideas what the problem is, and more importantly how can I fix it?

Its annoying as hell!

pantherx12, Dec 24, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

Photo upload

Usually a digital camera will show up as a Drive in File Explorer, open that drive one of the folders with pictures on it from the camera, sometimes on a MicroSD too. Basically it's not recognizing the camera at all in file explorer ? How is it being hooked up, USB ? Camera App in Windows 10, i never used it, in All apps in start screen. List the model Samsung you have.

jds63, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem uploading photos from camera to the hard disk on my laptop - Similar Threads - Problem uploading photos

2. photos wont upload from my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos wont upload from my laptop: Photo wont upload from my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-wont-upload-from-my-laptop/4e824dd0-3b29-4d5a-a0ad-d3977038f0a1
  3. photos wont upload from my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos wont upload from my laptop: Photo wont upload from my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-wont-upload-from-my-laptop/4e824dd0-3b29-4d5a-a0ad-d3977038f0a1
  4. photos wont upload from my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Problem uploading pictures from my Pentax camera

Problem uploading pictures from my Pentax camera: Early last year I "turned off" OneDrive. I don't recall exactly what I did to turn it off but it appeared to work. OneDrive files appear on file manager but they are empty. All my pictures are in a folder on my hard disk, which is where I wanted them. Whenever I've...
  6. Uploading photos to Windows on my laptop

Uploading photos to Windows on my laptop: I have been uploading photos to my laptop for a long time now. Usually I just had to connect my iPhone or iPad to my laptop with a USB. Now I can no longer upload photos. Every time I choose photos to upload and click on them they don't upload. I get a message saying...
  7. Problem importing photos from camera

Problem importing photos from camera: When I try to import photos from my camera using a USB cord, I get the error message "Something went wrong. Your files might not have been imported." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-importing-photos-from-camera/dd23b0fc-11d0-4b26-938f-4e2ef2c4f1a3
  8. Upload photo from laptop to an online website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upload photo from laptop to an online website: Hello, I used to be able to upload with no problems. Now, it simply is not working. The circle just goes round and round and then says "error" I am attempting to upload a photo from my desktop to a specific website. I have other members who have tried and it worked for...
  9. I can no longer upload photos from my camera to my PC .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can no longer upload photos from my camera to my PC .: When I try to upload pictures from my camera, nothing happens. I was able to up until yesterday but today when I tried using the port for the memory card on my PC or the cable that came with the camera attaching to the UPB port, nothing happens . I have Windows 10 and did...
  10. problems uploading photos from SD card or camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problems uploading photos from SD card or camera: I am using a Dell latitude E6400 that was on 7 and now on 10 and since uploading 10 I can not upload photos from me card reader or my camera a Cannon 400D to my pictures , anyone else having problems , I use Flickr as a image hosting site and on there when I want to get...