Windows 10: Problem using directory / file system

Discus and support Problem using directory / file system in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can someone help me with this --- I am at the stage where I am forgetting things I used to know years ago and am getting in a muddle with the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Mar 13, 2016.

1. clayto Win User

Problem using directory / file system

Can someone help me with this --- I am at the stage where I am forgetting things I used to know years ago and am getting in a muddle with the Windows Directory / Folders and File System. You can see from the Snip below, two views of the same page from Explorer taken at the same time, which contradict one another. They show an identical list of files down to the file 'Videos' but from that point they are different. I cannot get the video files shown in the right-hand image, to appear in the left; and am unable therefore to select a folder or file, which is what I need to do. Apart from needing to do this for a number of reasons, including following Malwarebytes instructions for removing some malware, I want to understand what I am seeing, as it does not make sense to me. I had expected that when I click on Videos in the left pane the videos listed on the right would be displayed. They are not.

Problem using directory / file system [​IMG]

:)

clayto, Mar 13, 2016
  2. patc---01 Win User

N 73 PROBLEM

The only way around the first problem would be to move the image files to a "hidden" directory - say a sub-directory of system or something. To do this you will need a 3rd party file manager like Y-browser.

I believe the "flash" is used by the auto-focus so can't be switched off.

patc---01, Mar 13, 2016
  3. mtdirect Win User
    WM6 & WINDOWS LIVE PROBLEMS

I have run into a problem with the number of files that can be written to a SDMC card file directory on a Eten x800 running WME6. The application was a mapping program that appeared to halt after writing to a map tile cache directory ~1050 small 1kb map
    tile files. Once I figured out the app couldn't write any more files to the directory, I tried WME6 file explorer and it gave me an error saying it couldn't write to the directory. I then tried to write to the directory using activesync from my xp laptop,
    and it also failed. If I clear the directory and restart, it works again until reaching approximately the same number of files.

I thought the problem might be with the FAT16 file system on the 2GB SDMC card, so I reformated to FAT32 on my xp laptop. I had no problem writing 2000+ files to the SDMC on the xp laptop. Once I put the SDMC back into the x800 I had the same problem.

Since both microsoft aps and third party aps are having the same problem, this appears to be a problem in WME6. Has anyone else reported a problem like this? Do you know what the cause is?

I have suggested to the developer that they change to a series of hierarchical cache directories to reduce the number of files per directory.

Thanks.

mtdirect, Mar 13, 2016
  4. pyramid10 Win User

The image on the left is a dialogue box, which means you were in the process of doing something within a software. It's entirely different from the Windows Explorer display on the right.

pyramid10, Mar 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Problem using directory / file system - Similar Threads - Problem using directory

2. File Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Directory: Can you compare the content of two different directories in Windows 11?I have a Lenovo Yoga 7i with Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Thank you for any information....
  3. Is MS copying operating system files and directories - related to users directory to the cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is MS copying operating system files and directories - related to users directory to the cloud: Hi,It is the second time that I noticed that my user files were transferred to the cloud.I did not do it and I do not want it.What can I do to prevents this from happening?Thank you...
  4. Is MS copying operating system files and directories - related to users directory to the cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is MS copying operating system files and directories - related to users directory to the cloud: Hi,It is the second time that I noticed that my user files were transferred to the cloud.I did not do it and I do not want it.What can I do to prevents this from happening?Thank you...
  5. Is MS copying operating system files and directories - related to users directory to the cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. File directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File directory: Is there anyway to revert back to the old format, this new one is awful. submitted by /u/Mystreanon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nfm3lv/file_directory/
  7. Problem to safe files to directories and look at this file:...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem to safe files to directories and look at this file:...: I have a serious problem to store my files to the directory in Windows 10 and I also have the known problem issue and you can have a look at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku-jsZ7HvfA and you can view what is my problem. Basically I am not able to safe the files in the...
  8. the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable problem: recently i have this problem: the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable when i want to open my apps it appears but when i run them bu administrator thay open with out any problem i also tried disk checking buy comment prompt and still have the problem please...
  9. program Files directory problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    program Files directory problem: Hello Sir ...... one month month before i have changed my windows instrallation file directory through registry from C drive to D drive. after that i cant update my pc. now i want to go back to the previous file instrallation directory D to C drive........ but when i go to...
  10. Directory file problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory file problem: Hi staff, Been using my brand new laptop for 3 days now, and I'm still a bit clumsy with Windows Edge... So from the directory I want to remove a picture file that by accident was loaded from an usb twice. Must have done something wrong 'cause the map is not removable and...