Windows 10: Problem using macrium 7 to image my hard drive

Discus and support Problem using macrium 7 to image my hard drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am trying to image a disk using macrium 7 The target backup driveis shown as disk 3 in the first capture below When I select the image this disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by provlima, Feb 1, 2019.

1. provlima Win User

Problem using macrium 7 to image my hard drive

I am trying to image a disk using macrium 7 The target backup driveis shown as disk 3 in the first capture below

When I select the image this disk option I get “the destination path is included inthe image”
    What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help

Problem using macrium 7 to image my hard drive [​IMG]

:)

provlima, Feb 1, 2019
  2. fdegrove Win User

System Image Problem

Hi Nick,

No need to stress.
    Since the dl of the windows install media failed twice in a row already we are going to do as Bill suggests.
    No use wasting another day on it at this point.

Here is a description of the steps to follow:

- Connect the external drive that contains the Macrium images we made.

-Boot off of the Macrium rescue CD. Make the necessary changes in bios so booting from CD is the highest on the boot order priority list or use the machine's bootmenu (Fn key ? ) to select to boot off of CD.

- From within Macrium select restore. Browse for image 0_SysRes etc. and load it in Macrium.

- Select the drive to restore to: your c: drive. Make sure it is the correct drive. Only one internal drive should be connected at this point.

-Drag and drop the loaded backup image to the beginning of the C:\ partition. It must be fully at the left of the partition.

- Click restore and confirm.

- Once it has finished close Macrium. It will automatically reboot.

-Boot again off of the CD.

-Macrium loads and select restore again.

-Browse for and select 1_Windows from the backup drive. Select the same destination drive and drag and drop it right next to the small partition we just restored. Click restore, confirm the overwrite and let it finish.

-Again close Macrium and reboot once more off of the cd.

-In Macrium on the top left hand side there a menu option that reads something along these lines (I'll load it in a few minutes to verify and correct if necessary) : "Fix Windows boot problems".
    Click it.

-Let it finish and reboot off the main hard drive this time.

- Cross your fingers and hopefully Windows will start up.

I suggest not doing this immediately. I hope Bill will have a look at the suggested steps and correct any if need be.

Best, *Wink

fdegrove, Feb 1, 2019
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Feb 1, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem using macrium 7 to image my hard drive - Similar Threads - Problem using macrium

2. Macrium: image and restore to smaller drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium: image and restore to smaller drive: Hey all, First-time poster and also new to Macrium. I have a 1TB M.2 SSD in my laptop that I want to image, transfer to another computer, and then I want to restore the image to a smaller (500GB) replacement M.2 drive. I'm working with only 1 M.2 slot, so I created a Macrium...
  3. Restore Problem Using Macrium

Restore Problem Using Macrium: I can backup my system just fine using Macrium. However, when I try to restore it, I encounter all kinds of problems. I have attached screenshots of these issues. I honestly don't know how to fix them, and any help would be most appreciated. I am running Windows version 20H2...
  4. Cloning Hard Drive onto SSD Using Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning Hard Drive onto SSD Using Macrium Reflect: I used Macrium Reflect to clone my hard drive onto my Samsung 970 Evo SSD. Upon completion, I went into BIOS, set the SSD as the boot drive, and was met with a screen that says that the SSD isn't a bootable media. All I want to do is to have windows 10 on my SSD so that it...
  5. macrium reflect image problem

macrium reflect image problem: Hello my problem is the following, I state that until a few days ago everything worked perfectly, and I have not made any changes to the PC, when I try to create the image of the system the program completely freezes without any error message, and to do it work again I have...
  6. Question on Using Macrium Reflect 7 with two drives

Question on Using Macrium Reflect 7 with two drives: I have a new Win 10 Dell desktop with two internal drives a 128 GB C drive with the Windows OS and files,and folders, programs and apps and a 1TB data D drive with photos, documents, videos and music, etc and after finally getting it to do what I want, I am ready to create an...
  7. Image restore problem using Macrium Reflect

Image restore problem using Macrium Reflect: I made an Image backup of Windows 10 64 Bit the other day using the free version of Macrium Reflect v.7. I am having a spot of trouble on my Dell laptop and decided I would restore the system from Macrium. What I failed to do, I am beginning to understand, was to make the...
  8. Problem mounting Macrium backup image

Problem mounting Macrium backup image: My system is Windows 10 and I am running Macrium Reflect v6.3.1835 for backups. I have two partitions - one for the OS and one for Data and I have scheduled regular FULL backups of both partitions, which are written to an external HDD. I am having trouble trying to mount...
  9. cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect: I am wanting to clone my hard drive and put it on another computer. I think I get it cloned on a external hd. I have made a boot cd. Now here is my problem I don't know how to get it to transfer to the new hd on the new computer. The cd ask wish image to tranfer but there is...
  10. Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image: How to: Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image [img] Information I want to start with a very subjective, personal opinion: Macrium Reflect Free is the best available free imaging solution for Windows (download: Macrium Reflect Free). That being...