Windows 10: problem using media creation tool

Discus and support problem using media creation tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried unsuccessfully to create a windows 10 USB boot drive. I keep getting the following error: 0x0200013-0x90019. Please advise.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VassiliosBezzerides, Dec 8, 2020.

1. problem using media creation tool

I have tried unsuccessfully to create a windows 10 USB boot drive. I keep getting the following error: 0x0200013-0x90019.

Please advise.

:)

VassiliosBezzerides, Dec 8, 2020

2. Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

Desiree Yau, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Media Creation Tool question

Thanks Cerberus but Ive no problem downloading the Iso with the media creation tool. I don't think its the ISO that is the problem' I think the problem is when the Media Creation Tool is creating the bootable USB flash drive. So I think I can use the Media Creation Tool for that part...and as you say try something like Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive

I still have this question though "The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool) option that the Media Creation Tool should be save to the PC and run from there.
    On Microsoft site the instructions are to Download the Tool and select Run (no saving to the PC). Is there a reason for saving it to the PC first as suggested on Tenforums?"

I was curious to see if others had encountered the issue I had with the Media Creation Tool. Ive never had a problem using it before

sportsfan148, Dec 8, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

problem using media creation tool

Media Creation Tool question

Just mount iso as a drive and run setup.exe - most reliable method.

cereberus, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

problem using media creation tool

1. problem using media creation tool - Similar Threads - problem using media

2. Problems with the Media Creation Tool.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with the Media Creation Tool.: Split from this thread. I've downloaded the media creation tool, watched it check for issues, make file changes. It tells me it's going to restart my computer several times, but only does that once and then the process stops. Have I done something incorrectly or might there...
  3. Problems with the Media Creation Tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with the Media Creation Tool.: Split from this thread. I've downloaded the media creation tool, watched it check for issues, make file changes. It tells me it's going to restart my computer several times, but only does that once and then the process stops. Have I done something incorrectly or might there...
  4. Problem using Media Creation Tool on unstable system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem using Media Creation Tool on unstable system: Hi, my system is unstable and I'd like to do a clean install but I only have the DVD for Windows 7 Ultimate - I upgraded to 10 Pro as part of the free offer.I tried to create an installation USB using the Media Creation Tool, but it sticks at 0% because my network status is...
  5. Problem using Media Creation Tool on unstable system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem using Media Creation Tool on unstable system: Hi, my system is unstable and I'd like to do a clean install but I only have the DVD for Windows 7 Ultimate - I upgraded to 10 Pro as part of the free offer.I tried to create an installation USB using the Media Creation Tool, but it sticks at 0% because my network status is...
  6. Problem using Media Creation Tool on unstable system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Problems with Media Creation Tool

Problems with Media Creation Tool: Trying to setup Media Creation Tool...have used previously but now it will not 'install/setup' per attached jpg ? What could I be doing wrong here... ? Trying to do repair install of my Win 10 Pro 64bit system... Thanks....TiminAz 68219
  8. media creation tool problem

media creation tool problem: hello i want to upgrade my pc to win 10 when i want to download from media creation tool , after choosing upgrade this pc [img] please help me and thank you 9502
  9. Media Creation Tool Problems

Media Creation Tool Problems: Hi, Hope someone can help here. More Windows 10 s**t that is driving me mad! D/loaded the media creation tool hoping to put Win 10 on a USB to repair my daughters Win 10 installation on an ASUS eeePC (no optical drive). Running the tool on a Win 7 Home pc (64-bit)...
  10. Problem with the Media creation tool

Problem with the Media creation tool: I download the Windows image twice via the media creation tool. The file sizes though same, had different hashes(SHA1). If the images are identical, why the different hashes. Needless to say, the hashes don't obviously match with their MSDN counterpart. Why is this...