Windows 10: Problem using my old laptop's hdd on my desktop pc

Discus and support Problem using my old laptop's hdd on my desktop pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I need some help regarding the use of my old laptop's hdd for my desktop pc. I've been using my desktop computer for 4 years, but last week my hdd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonaldJr., Nov 15, 2020.

1. DonaldJr. Win User

Problem using my old laptop's hdd on my desktop pc

Hi. I need some help regarding the use of my old laptop's hdd for my desktop pc. I've been using my desktop computer for 4 years, but last week my hdd failed. I couldn't go back to my classes and do my projects without my pc and i don't have the money to buy a new one, so I've tried to improvises and used my broke laptop's hdd. I've been researching at the internet if it would work and found some answer. I inserted my laptop's hdd onto my pc and crossed my fingers. It did show the windows startup but after 3 seconds a bluescreen pops out labelled "technical information:***STOP 0x000007b 0x80786A58, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000 and suddenly restarted on its own. I did tried to repair windows 7 but wasn't able to repair itself. I wasn't able to go to safemode because of the bluescreen, and i really don't want to risk erasing all of the data inside my laptop's hdd. My laptop's hdd is still in perfect condition.

Note: The os of my Desktop's HDD is windows 10, while my laptop's windows 7. I DO have a Windows 10 DvD.

SPECS:

i5 4460 3.20 GHZ

MSI GTX 1050TI 4GB

2x8b Ripjaws V ddr3

Asus H81m-d

Generic 700 watts psu

:)

DonaldJr., Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Problem using my old laptop's hdd on my desktop pc

1. Problem using my old laptop's hdd on my desktop pc - Similar Threads - Problem using old

2. My desktop is a laptop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My desktop is a laptop: Lenovo 700 connected to an external monitor via HDMI. I upgraded to 2004 on Nov. 8, several updates on Nov. 19 to bring it up to .630. Since then (Nov. 19) when I put it to sleep (at the end of the day) wake it up in the morning it wakes up in 'PC screen only', Project is...
  3. Encrypted files on my old HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypted files on my old HDD: Hi, So i recently found 2 of my old harddrives with some encrypted files on them. I have tried to take ownership of the file but it does not allow me to open them/move them so i can keep them. I was wondering if there was a way i can create a user but with my old user...
  4. About my old data in hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About my old data in hdd: Hello I recently upgraded my device to ssd from hdd and I have installed fresh windows in new ssd and I cant access my old user data in hdd when ever I try to open it just keep loading so what should I do now...
  5. My desktop and laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My desktop and laptop: My issue is that everything on my desk top computer is on both of my lap tops. Anyone using those lap tops can see everything including documents, photos and anything else that is on my desk top computer. How can I resolve this so that nothing on my desk top computer shows on...
  6. Problems with my desktop PC.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with my desktop PC.: I recently had problems with my Windows 10 PC. When I opened Edge, the picture was unstable and flickers. With Chrome, a panel intermittently opens on the right side of the web page showing the elements etc. of the page. When I opened a spreadsheet in Libreoffice, a dialogue...
  7. My desktop PC thinks it's a laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My desktop PC thinks it's a laptop: When going to "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers" my computer registers as a Notebook, even though it's clearly not. What gives? [ATTACH]...
  8. Can't Use My HDD ??

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Use My HDD ??: Installed Windows 10 a few weeks back and been storing myy games on the HDD, however today it wont work and I get this error... " We couldn't set your default save location " The SSD works fine, but i cannot install apps on the HDD 0x80070005 [ATTACH] 143021
  9. My old desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    My old desktop: I got Windows 10 when it first came out, i had some updates a while ago and this morning it took for ever for my desktop to appear and when it did it was not my original desktop that i had before. How do i get my old desktop back????...
  10. My laptop hdd error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My laptop hdd error: I connect my laptop hdd to my another laptop but no decteted and can't even call diskmgmt and chkdsk (with administrator cmd promt) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-hdd-error/e2684f12-466b-4ee2-b8c2-b164b241b85c"