Windows 10: Problem using my old laptop's hdd on my desktop pc

Discus and support Problem using my old laptop's hdd on my desktop pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I need some help regarding the use of my old laptop's hdd for my desktop pc. I've been using my desktop computer for 4 years, but last week my hdd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonaldJr., Nov 15, 2020.

1. DonaldJr. Win User

Problem using my old laptop's hdd on my desktop pc

Hi. I need some help regarding the use of my old laptop's hdd for my desktop pc. I've been using my desktop computer for 4 years, but last week my hdd failed. I couldn't go back to my classes and do my projects without my pc and i don't have the money to buy a new one, so I've tried to improvises and used my broke laptop's hdd. I've been researching at the internet if it would work and found some answer. I inserted my laptop's hdd onto my pc and crossed my fingers. It did show the windows startup but after 3 seconds a bluescreen pops out labelled "technical information:***STOP 0x000007b 0x80786A58, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000 and suddenly restarted on its own. I did tried to repair windows 7 but wasn't able to repair itself. I wasn't able to go to safemode because of the bluescreen, and i really don't want to risk erasing all of the data inside my laptop's hdd. My laptop's hdd is still in perfect condition.

Note: The os of my Desktop's HDD is windows 10, while my laptop's windows 7. I DO have a Windows 10 DvD.

SPECS:

i5 4460 3.20 GHZ

MSI GTX 1050TI 4GB

2x8b Ripjaws V ddr3

Asus H81m-d

Generic 700 watts psu

:)

DonaldJr., Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Problem using my old laptop's hdd on my desktop pc

1. Problem using my old laptop's hdd on my desktop pc - Similar Threads - Problem using old

2. How to use my old laptop as second monitor for my desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use my old laptop as second monitor for my desktop PC?: Hello,I have a laptop I don't use anymore and I would like to know how to use it as a second monitor for my desktop PC using an HDMI cable, and not "projecting to this PC.Thanks,Tom...
  3. How to use my old laptop as second monitor for my desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use my old laptop as second monitor for my desktop PC?: Hello,I have a laptop I don't use anymore and I would like to know how to use it as a second monitor for my desktop PC using an HDMI cable, and not "projecting to this PC.Thanks,Tom...
  4. Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?: Hey there, this is my first time writing/asking here, so any response would be appreciated :So I have an old laptop of mine, an Asus A42J with 4GB of ram and 150GB of HDD. My plan is upgrading the HDD to an SSD, but I don't really want to backup anything from my HDD because...
  5. Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?

Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?: Hey there, this is my first time writing/asking here, so any response would be appreciated :So I have an old laptop of mine, an Asus A42J with 4GB of ram and 150GB of HDD. My plan is upgrading the HDD to an SSD, but I don't really want to backup anything from my HDD because...
  6. Use old HDD from old laptop as an external drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop: I have a Lenovo laptop running on Windows 10. I am planning to replace the the hard drive from HDD to SSD to enhance the speed. My question is, How can i transfer the existing OS from the HDD to the new SSD using the back-up file?...
  8. Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop

Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop: I have a Lenovo laptop running on Windows 10. I am planning to replace the the hard drive from HDD to SSD to enhance the speed. My question is, How can i transfer the existing OS from the HDD to the new SSD using the back-up file?...
  9. Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Old hdd problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old hdd problem: Hi I have this old "WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar 2850" and I plugged in with an Usb adapter and I got this sound that something got plugged in but I can't see it. submitted by /u/Joey_0w0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky09dy/old_hdd_problem/