Windows 10: Problem using OBS to record UK television from my screen

Discus and support Problem using OBS to record UK television from my screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I've posted this in the wrong section, please could a Mod move it to where it should be. For a long time now (years) I've been recording UK TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SaggyMaggyPoo, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Problem using OBS to record UK television from my screen

If I've posted this in the wrong section, please could a Mod move it to where it should be.

For a long time now (years) I've been recording UK TV programmes using a VPN and OBS. I've recorded from all the UK channels successfully in the past.

Back in mid November I successfully recorded some programmes from All4, BBC and ITV. My next attempt to record was in early December. This is when it got strange with All4. Everything starts off okay, and I can record the ads that are before the programme. But as soon as the programme itself starts, I get audio only, and a black screen. I get the same result from ITV.

If I try to record off the BBC, which has no ads, I can still do this successfully. I only lose the video when I am on a channel that carries ads.

I have not changed any settings anywhere. I have had updates to OBS and Windows recently but have no idea if these did anything to create this situation.

I did have a problem with an update to my VPN, and had to reinstall it, but since things work fine on some channels and with the ads, I can't see how this can be the problem. Particularly as I can actually watch the programme without any problem, it's just when I record it that I have the issue.

I don't think that OBS itself is the problem, as that too works perfectly well except when recording a programme with ads. I've watched some videos related to blackscreen issues with OBS, and my settings on the app seem to be okay, and as I said these haven't been changed by me at all.

I've using both Firefox and Chrome, and even tried a different VPN to my usual one. It's always the same result - fine on BBC, problems on All4 and ITV.

I'm starting to wonder if some sort of code has been embedded in the programmes on these channels that detects when they are being recorded, and cuts the video to prevent this, but it does seem quite far fetched.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Or does anyone have any suggestions on how I might resolve this?

:)

SaggyMaggyPoo, Dec 21, 2020

2. Failure to record OpenGL window with OBS

I run OBS, switch to the window to record, and press the hotkey I've assigned to record. Then I wait 3 seconds and press the "stop recording" hotkey. During this whole time I see the desired animation in the window to record.

What I get out of this is a videofile with the correct length, but in the video:

• the OpenGL window does not animate in the video
    • the OpenGL window it has the OBS window on top of it

The OBS window was not on top of the OpenGL window when I was recording.

Am I doing something wrong?

Stefan Monov, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Cody H. Win User
    Recording with OBS and Windows 10 Game Stream

Last night I wanted to see what would happen if I used the Windows 10 Xbox stream and recorded with OBS. At first glance it was awesome, being able to have Halo on my nicer monitor instead of my **** TV. When I went back to watch it though the game sound
    was amplified and there was a single echo. (I didn't change any of my OBS setting so the game sound shouldn't have been louder). I'm assuming that OBS recorded the game sound from my tv and from the game stream. I'll be looking for a work around, but if anyone
    else has a suggestion let me know. Also it should be noted that my Mic and party chat were not echoing, only the actual game sounds from HALO.

Cody H., Dec 21, 2020
  4. Problem using OBS to record UK television from my screen

OBS Says its recording but its not

OBS says its recording but its not. It does not even save as a file. Its not the black screen issue. It would just say it but not actually
    do it. Please help.

Jack

JackChesebro, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Problem using OBS to record UK television from my screen

1. Problem using OBS to record UK television from my screen - Similar Threads - Problem using OBS

2. Blue screens while using OBS Studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screens while using OBS Studio: I have been having a repeatable "kmode_exception_not_handled" blue screen while using OBS Studio 64 bit. I've had it happen twice in the past day, here are the .dmp files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtoNNyNRWksujxVDrC9snG4sqSSFMy computer's...
  3. Blue screens while using OBS Studio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screens while using OBS Studio: I have been having a repeatable "kmode_exception_not_handled" blue screen while using OBS Studio 64 bit. I've had it happen twice in the past day, here are the .dmp files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtoNNyNRWksujxVDrC9snG4sqSSFMy computer's...
  4. Blue screens while using OBS Studio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is it possible to record multiple windows at once without the use of OBS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to record multiple windows at once without the use of OBS: I am trying to speedrun a game, and need to have the timer and game being recorded at the same time. Is it possible for me to be able to record both windows at once without using OBS? submitted by /u/IdunnoIhavenoname [link] [comments]...
  6. I was using OBS to record an online class on MS Teams

I was using OBS to record an online class on MS Teams: I was using OBS to record an online class and the teacher literally said that somebody was recording and asked to stop and delete the file, I quckly checked to see if somebody was using the record button on teams but it was disabled, is there a way they could know if you are...
  7. HELP! Recordings in slobs and obs freeze at times.

HELP! Recordings in slobs and obs freeze at times.: No its not stutter the playbacks(on different players) freeze. A week ago I had no problems recording. Have a 3900x which was installed a month ago and has ran no problems until 3 days ago. My pc froze, shut down and repair booted. Since then I have reinstalled windows games...
  8. Using DLNA to watch videos on television

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using DLNA to watch videos on television: Since my desktop PC is connected via an ethernet cable to the router and a second cable connects to the smart TV I should be able to watch videos stored on the PC on the TV using DLNA. I have found that I can display pictures from my Pictures folder and listen to music from...
  9. Problem using the built-in screen recorder.

Problem using the built-in screen recorder.: Hey all, I've been using the built-in screen recorder (WINKEY+Alt+R) to capture footage for a school project. However, half the time, there is no audio in the clip. This forces me to recapture the footage with the hope that the audio will work that time. Y'all got any fix for...
  10. OBS HD Recording Question

in Windows 10 Support
    OBS HD Recording Question: Hello, For the past several days, I have been recording games with OBS on my new custom PC with a brand-new $100 LG monitor. During recording, I can record games in 1080HD with absolutely no hiccups in gameplay whatsoever. However, when I watch the video after I play, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. obs doesnt record itv hub