Windows 10: Problem Using Surface Audio App With Windows 10

Discus and support Problem Using Surface Audio App With Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just opened my Surface 2 Headphones. Yay! No problem pairing them with my Pixel 4. Eventually figured out I needed the Audio App to use the headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tracy TC, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Tracy TC Win User

Problem Using Surface Audio App With Windows 10

Just opened my Surface 2 Headphones. Yay! No problem pairing them with my Pixel 4. Eventually figured out I needed the Audio App to use the headphones with my PC running Windows 10. Got that installed and I can see on my phone app that the headphones successfully paired with my PC, but I'm having problems setting up the app on my PC.

I've got a decent machine, but it's a couple of years old and my husband didn't order bluetooth with it. I have a dongle now, but the Audio App keeps telling me to turn on bluetooth. Help! This is making me crazy. I really, really want to use dictation on my PC with the headphones. This was a huge reason I picked this MS product.

If it's helpful for diagnostic reasons, I can also see that my PC is paired with an external wireless bose speaker, but I've never been able to get that to work, either. Clearly my PC is not liking something about the external bluetooth dongle.

Thank you for any help!!!

:)

Tracy TC, Sep 26, 2020

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Janette_Z Win User

Surface Audio App Crashing

Hi, Tyler21979!

Thanks for reaching out to Microsoft Community and posting your concern. We are sorry to learn about the Surface Audio app that crashes when you try to launch it. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this. Please allow
    us to ask some questions to further isolate the issue.

• What device (e.g. Surface Pro 7) and accessory (e.g. Surface Headphones) are you trying to set up?
    • Did the app launch before or has it been this way ever since you installed it?
    • What is the Windows version and OS Build of your device? Press Windows and type
      winver to see it.

In the meantime, please make sure to Check for Windows Update:

Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates

Please restart your device to apply the updates.

Please go to the page that will guide you how to Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store,
    then follow the steps in number 3 and number 7 there.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Janette_Z, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem Using Surface Audio App With Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem Using Surface

2. How to use Microsoft Surface app

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Microsoft Surface app: [IMG]The Microsoft Surface app offers an easy way to control most of the Surface-specific settings and have quick access to device information. You can also use it to find Safety, warranty, and regulatory-related information whenever you need it. How to use Microsoft Surface...
  3. Windows 10 audio problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 audio problem.: Hi, For about 3 days I have had this problem with my audio, where if a sound is playing, be it Windows or Discord, I hear a loud popping at the beginning of the audio, then it plays fine. I've made sure everything is set up right, I've also been on the registry and changed...
  4. Audio Problems With the Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Problems With the Surface Laptop 3: No audio output/input device detected, trouble shooting doesn't work. In device manager the audio device option is not there, the sound option isn't either. Also up to date with any updates, cannot play any sound since the laptop 'doesn't know where to play it'. Seems it...
  5. Surface 1 Headphones audio problem

Surface 1 Headphones audio problem: I recently got Surface 1 headphones shipped over from Canada I'm in the UK and have encountered a problem recently. I'm in teams meetings and can hear audio fine, but if I open a separate tab or application such as spotify, I don't get any audio from the new tab opened. I can...
  6. Audio problem with I MAC for using windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio problem with I MAC for using windows 10: regarding Audio problem with IMac device on windows 10 ,is there any experience or troubelshoote type? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-problem-with-i-mac-for-using-windows-10/ca824156-3ca2-4eb0-bf85-83a41d3f476f
  7. Surface Audio App Crashing

Surface Audio App Crashing: I cannot open the Surface Audio app. I have tried repairing it, resetting it, and reinstalling it. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas why it won't open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-audio-app-crashing/04b87b25-ac21-4364-a136-7b727e8133cf
  8. Surface 4 pro Windows 10 2018 update audio problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Surface 4 pro Windows 10 2018 update audio problem: My audio keeps randomly going to 0. Have turned off WIFI, Bluetooth, unhooked keyboard, and nothing seems to stop it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-4-pro-windows-10-2018-update-audio-problem/03116a1d-7b90-4066-88b6-79079c06a929"
  9. problems with MS Surface and Windows 10

problems with MS Surface and Windows 10: I am unable to connect to mail, despite being signed in to MS 10 and can not reset my password or details of my membership Windows 10 and Office. I am currently not able to rectify my state as signed in as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and want to also access...
  10. Windows 10 audio problem

Windows 10 audio problem: Ok so, my computer was very laggy and I decided to reset my computer. But the problem is, I can't hear any sounds. There's an "X" mark on the audio and I tried all my speakers and earphones, but it didn't work. So I checked the device manager and it only has AMD High...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface audio app not opening on my pc