Windows 10: Problem using Windows Installer

Discus and support Problem using Windows Installer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise. I downloaded and installed the Windows Installer component for Visual Studio (2019 Community) I created an install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonNewYork, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Problem using Windows Installer

I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise.

I downloaded and installed the Windows Installer component for Visual Studio (2019 Community)

I created an install package which I ran.

Now I want to delete the app that was installed via Control Panel but I cannot.

I get an error message that the specified path x:\Config.msi is unavailable.

Now, there wasn't a Config.msi anywhere so I created one but that doesn't help.

I'm not sure where X:\Config.msi comes from in that that string does not appear anywhere in the code.

Whether I have an X:\Config.msi or not I get the same message.

:)

RonNewYork, Nov 15, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Problem using Windows Installer

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Problem using Windows Installer

1. Problem using Windows Installer - Similar Threads - Problem using Installer

2. Problem using Windows Installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem using Windows Installer: I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise. I downloaded and installed the Windows Installer component for Visual Studio (2019 Community) I created an install package which I ran. Now I want to delete the app that was installed via Control Panel but I cannot. I get an error message...
  3. Font Installation and Use Problem in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font Installation and Use Problem in Windows 10: I have two computers with Windows 10 installed (one an upgrade from Windows 7, the other an original Windows 10 installation) A new project requires the following OpenType fonts in TheSerifBlack font family: TheSerifBlack-Caps TheSerifBlack-CapsItalic...
  4. Problems using Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems using Windows Explorer: Hi folks, I am running Windows 10 and have an issue with Windows Explorer. First, whenever I open a folder, it takes a long time (endless, it seems) for the icons to load their thumbnails (that green bar that rolls across the top keeps going and going). But the main...
  5. Windows install problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows install problems: Hello! When I installed mi windows his remain stuck on one staige. I select my location and I pres next to Sam setings. And hi give mi giast expres setings. After I press expres setings his restarting and going over and over to thesame step. Tank you!!...
  6. Problem with Windows Installer

Problem with Windows Installer: Hello, I have a quite new pc with Windows 10 (Home 64 bit). After some time, Windows Installer stopped working. Installing many applications (eg. Java) throws error 1601. After searching the forum and official Microsoft sites, I found that Windows Installer is (for some...
  7. Windows installer Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows installer Problem: I am getting this popup every time I install any of the Autodesk product ,plz help..... Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.17134.228 msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter] Install Options </package | /i> <Product.msi> Installs or configures a product /a...
  8. Installing Windows Problem

Installing Windows Problem: So I have this Lenovo computer and whenever I try to turn it on, it goes right to a screen that says installing windows. It has been at 64% for approximately 5 hours and it keeps restarting once that screen pops up. I'm suspecting that the computer might be broken. If theres...
  9. windows 10 installation problem using bootable usb

windows 10 installation problem using bootable usb: I have HP Pavilion g4 laptop running on windows 7 x64. I tried to install windows 10 with a bootable usb, but it kept on showing one error saying "a media device driver that your computer needs is missing". Any help will be appreciated....
  10. Problems with installing ConfigMgr on machines that used to have Windows InTune

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with installing ConfigMgr on machines that used to have Windows InTune: Hello MS Community, I'm having the weirdest of problems with Software Center installations on some of our machines. These machines used to have Windows InTune installed on them, and as far as I know, their agents should have been removed, but I have a sneaking suspicion...