Windows 10: Problem - View Windows Updates not working

Discus and support Problem - View Windows Updates not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 x64 v1909 When I go in to Settings > Update and Security I do not have the Windows Update on the left menu to click on This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peter749, May 18, 2020.

1. Peter749 Win User

Problem - View Windows Updates not working

I'm running Windows 10 x64 v1909

When I go in to Settings > Update and Security I do not have the Windows Update on the left menu to click on

This is off the web

Problem - View Windows Updates not working 3e11b05c-eccc-4f0f-9190-c7af65195627?upload=true.jpg

But in mine it is like this

Problem - View Windows Updates not working cccfe1f2-c73f-4ae8-afe3-423a8aafa998?upload=true.jpg

How do I fix my computer to make "Windows Update" appear?

When I type in "View Windows Update" nothing happens

Any suggestions please?

Peter

:)

Peter749, May 18, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 18, 2020
  3. Windows Update problem

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As Gerry is working on the dump files, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists then,

Step 3: I suggest you to try the steps from the link to
    Reset Windows Update components and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you
    follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 18, 2020
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, May 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem - View Windows Updates not working - Similar Threads - Problem View Updates

2. Problem in View Update History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem in View Update History: My wife's computer that I check monthly no longer has an update history. When I view Update History there is no history but there was a little 'dot' that you could push for help. When pushed that a window I think within the window opened with a title HELP and asked you to...
  3. Website viewing problems.

in Browsers and Email
    Website viewing problems.: Occasionally when in a website, I click for the next page and the window goes black and the tab shows something like "search (1 x 1)". It varies but there is always the (1 x 1). It looks like there maybe a single pixel in the centre of the screen which is presumably the 1 x...
  4. Problem with view of icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with view of icons: Normally, I open my "icons" folder and I see small versions of the icon itself. Now I'm getting what you see in the screenshot attached. You will note there is one icon that shows up, like normal and like I want them to. What have I done to change this? I want to be able to...
  5. MRI Viewing Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MRI Viewing Problem: I bought a DVD copy of my recent MRI from the hospital the procedure was done at. It loads and downloads the files but then it opens automatically and only shows the first image. There is no way to go to the next image. All the controls on the first image work but i have...
  6. Task View problem since 17134.48 update...

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View problem since 17134.48 update...: Hello, On the 9th. of May my machine updated to 17134.48 which has given me problems. My Task View previously worked as expected showing me what programmes I had running. Now after this update it also shows other things, for example it shows two instances relating to word...
  7. Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem: Hello. Hope someone can assist me with the issue I am having in windows 10 Pro. A few days ago my system Automatically updated to Windows Pro v1511 (OS Build 10586.14)... all went well and seemed to be OK. Now to my Problem... When I now go to check for updates it...
  8. Task View problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task View problems: Hi I am new to Windows 10 and am struggling!!I have a few applications open and when I try to launch any one via the Task View it appears and then closes and displays "Life at a view" screen. This has happened before but I was able to switch off. This time I have been using...
  9. network viewing problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network viewing problem: I have 3 computers, 2 of the computers can see the other computes in both the network and home group, my computer that I created the homegroup on can see all, but cannot see all 2 computer only 2 I have checked setting and all are set the same, I have tried disabling both...
  10. Problem viewing icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem viewing icons: When I upgraded to windows 10, all the icon images of my pictures are now a white slide with a blue mountain-like thing on it. I can't tell what I am looking at without opening them up. I use to be able to know what they all were before I opened them. How do I fix My icons?...