Windows 10: Problem W10 key activation, microsoft acc linked to 2 devices

Discus and support Problem W10 key activation, microsoft acc linked to 2 devices in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm unable to activate a W10 pro key on my notebook (error code 0xc004c008) and I think this is due to my microsoft account being linked to my main PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Anomial, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Anomial Win User

Problem W10 key activation, microsoft acc linked to 2 devices

I'm unable to activate a W10 pro key on my notebook (error code 0xc004c008) and I think this is due to my microsoft account being linked to my main PC aswell as my notebook. Can I somehow change my microsoft acc on my notebook ? The windows copy for my notebook is a different one compared to the one on my PC (btw first post so sorry if there are any problems with the post)
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

:)

Anomial, Jul 9, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

A little info on this.
    Your keys from TechNet or MSDN are and can be Retail, OEM, Static Activation, Multiple Activation, Custom, or other.
    You can go to your TechNet site and sign in.
    Then click on the "Export to XML" link at the top right hand side of the key chart.
    When you open this; there will be a column the shows the "Product Key Type".

Example (Keys block out, of course):

Problem W10 key activation, microsoft acc linked to 2 devices xmlkeys-png.png

Here is an MS chart of the Key meanings from Product Keys and Activation for MSDN site... the key meaning, also, applies to the now defunct TechNet Keys.

Chart from the page:

Problem W10 key activation, microsoft acc linked to 2 devices keytypes-png.png

EDIT:
    You do not need to be on a MS account any longer... you can be just a local user.
    As long as you are connected to the internet they can find you.

Also, this may help explain some... as, it applies to the activation of Windows 10, too.

Microsoft quietly rewrites its activation rules for Windows 10

Click link above to read more.

95Viper, Jul 9, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User

Not only that, you can check your M$ account and see what devices are listed there, so you know if you can do a clean install or not. Do the upgrade, get it activated, verify that it is listed in your account, then feel free to do a fresh install without activation issues ever.

cadaveca, Jul 9, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

You don't get a key, and if you use a keyfinder utility it just returns a generic public key that won't activate. They have updated their activation system with Win10, the OS will attempt to activate without a key and match your hardware ID to one stored in the activation servers. If the hardware ID matches your copy will activate with no key required. According to the FAQ, if you make "significant changes" to your hardware you may have to contact Microsoft tech support.

According to what I've read, if you have a retail version your upgrade is also retail and can be move between computers. That is where contacting tech support comes in.

Part of their upgrade licencing for all their upgrade versions has said the key becomes invalid. I would assume it is buried in the upgrade license for Win10 as well.

newtekie1, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem W10 key activation, microsoft acc linked to 2 devices - Similar Threads - Problem W10 key

2. w10 activation problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    w10 activation problem: I cant activate my window it always telling me this and i already remove kms pico that installed in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-activation-problem/4288692b-4159-4ea6-a5ac-d3ce87132b2e
  3. linking w10 to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    linking w10 to Microsoft account: My reading of the Windows 10 user agreement tells me that I may install a single licensed copy of W10 on only one disk at a time. Accordingly, I have two SSDs with two separate, independently licensed installations of w10. I use one for the internet and one for non-internet....
  4. Microsoft Device Linking?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Device Linking?: Im trying to get Sims 4 on my laptop because i bought it last year. I got it off of the online version of the microsoft store. It says I've purchased the game but when i try downloading it it tells me i dont have any devices linked to download it on, but when i go look at my...
  5. Problem W10 key activation, microsoft acc linked to 2 devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem W10 key activation, microsoft acc linked to 2 devices: I'm unable to activate a W10 pro key on my notebook (error code 0xc004c008) and I think this is due to my microsoft account being linked to my main PC aswell as my notebook. Can I somehow change my microsoft acc on my notebook ? The windows copy for my notebook is a different...
  6. w10 activation key needed

w10 activation key needed: I bought w10 pack and installed ok. system failed at some point . went to local pc shop / Iteck - Lampeter. system reloaded with their version of w10. system now asking for activation key, which I don't have ( digital version used) company now packed up and not available...
  7. Installed W10's activation key?

Installed W10's activation key?: Hello. Is W10 Home Ed's control panel -> system and security -> system -> Windows activation's Product ID the key (its last three letters says OEM) used to install & activate? If not, then where I can get its activation key to install W10 cleanly from scratch? Thank you for...
  8. Activation Microsoft Defender with administrator acces

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Activation Microsoft Defender with administrator acces: I have a problem, becouse you have before problem with october update i disabled update for this and i ve i think accidentaly change something in Defender settings and i cannot have a real time protection pls help me what to do . I thank you very much for any ideas ....
  9. W10 Activation problem

W10 Activation problem: I am going nuts. I have an Alienware M17x previously running W7 Home. I upgraded to W10 Home last week (V1511). It went well and W10 was shown as activated with a digital entitlement. Great. However, now after a week or so, in the middle of using my machine normally I...
  10. Not able to acces programs in W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to acces programs in W10: Hi guys, I am facing an issue on my laptop (Lenovo G50 - Amd A8/4gb/500gb/2gb gfx), I'm not able to access many programs on the system (ccleaner, msconfig, chrome and few others as well) when i try to open any of these apps, it says "Windows cannot access the specified...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Acc activation Windows