Windows 10: Problem when clicking on top of Focused Maximized window

Discus and support Problem when clicking on top of Focused Maximized window in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have been seeing a problem in windows recently and it is driving me crazy. When I have multiple windows maximized on the same screen and I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Youngblood Skylar, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Problem when clicking on top of Focused Maximized window

Hi,

I have been seeing a problem in windows recently and it is driving me crazy. When I have multiple windows maximized on the same screen and I click on the very top of the focused on (either to move or exit) it sometimes moves the window behind my maximized focused window. Both windows are maximized. It doesn't make sense of how I can move a window behind my maximized window.

I have three screens and it happens with any application maximized and any background maximized application.

Does anyone else have this issue sometimes? Please let me know if I am missing something and if I can fix this. Thanks!

:)

Youngblood Skylar, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Windows 10 Mail App Focused Problem

Hi Larry,

To turn off the Focused & other feature in the Mail app, please follow the steps below:

• Open your Mail app
    • Click on the Settings icon (looks like a gear).
    • Click Options, and search for the layout section.
    • Under layout, find Focused Inbox. Select Don't sort messages and then hit
      Save.
    We'll look forward to your reply.

Josef Bri, Dec 6, 2019
  3. IE in Windows 10

Hi Giorgio,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to perform the following steps and check if that helps:

• Press Windows key and type Internet Explorer.
    • Right Click on Internet Explorer and select pin to start.
    With regards to edge, if you are referring to maximize, then I suggest you to click on Maximize icon next to cross icon on the top-right corner of the screen.

Hope it helps. Le us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Problem when clicking on top of Focused Maximized window

Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Problem when clicking on top of Focused Maximized window

1. Problem when clicking on top of Focused Maximized window - Similar Threads - Problem clicking top

2. Maximized window leaves blank space on top of screen

in Windows 10 News
    Maximized window leaves blank space on top of screen: [ATTACH]Some Windows users are reporting when a program or app window is maximized, it leaves blank space on the top part of the computer screen. This is an annoying issue and can be caused by a lot of different things. In this article, we are going to see how to resolve the...
  3. Top 10% of maximized windows aren't there, clicking in space interacts with window...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Top 10% of maximized windows aren't there, clicking in space interacts with window...: The top 10% or so of my maximized windows are transparent and clicking in that space interacts with the inactive window behind. Oddly, this isn't a permanent condition, and if I press F11 for full screen and F11 again to return, then the full maximized window is visible and...
  4. Clicking Top of Some Maximized Applications Causes Focus to Go to Lower Window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clicking Top of Some Maximized Applications Causes Focus to Go to Lower Window: Sometimes when I have a maximized application with another maximized window behind it, clicking the very top of the title bar gives the focus to the lower window. On a related Microsoft thread, CalDue says "It is almost as if Word and Excel are one pixel too short of covering...
  5. Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows: [IMG] Hi guys, I really like using a transparent top taskbar and I've just noticed that browser windows (based on Chromium or Mozzilla), once maximized, add an additional border to the top causing this annoying situation where the app seems to continue under the taskbar....
  6. When window is on top, can't click anywhere else

in Windows 10 Customization
    When window is on top, can't click anywhere else: When I have a window that stays on top e.g. Task Manager, no where else on the screen will respond to mouse clicks; not the task bar, start button or any other window on the screen. The only thing I can do is to minimize the window on top, or alt tab, but sometimes I need to...
  7. taskbar stays on top of maximized window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar stays on top of maximized window: since updating to 1903 the taskbar occasionally stays on top of maximized windows. i have to click it and then click back into the window to get rid of it. not huge deal but happens super often so its annoying. i have already tried restarting windows explorer and also pc like...
  8. Windows will not maximize when clicked from staskbar

Windows will not maximize when clicked from staskbar: I have Windows 10 (Version 1903, Build 18362.356) on my Dell laptop which I have had for 2 years. It is fully updated. However, in the last 3 weeks, it has developed this annoying problem. If I have, say Firefox open, MS Word open, MS Excel open, maybe Chrome, Settings...
  9. Problem in all Windows Explorer instances. Focus jumps to top

Problem in all Windows Explorer instances. Focus jumps to top: Hello everyone, Since yesterday I changed my display time out setting from 1 minute to 60 minutes and from then on the focus off every windows explorer instances jumps to the top. I searched on the internet but couldn't find a solution. the closed related issue is this one,...
  10. Losing focus on top window

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus on top window: Strange thing has been happening since, I believe last Patch Tuesday (6/09). Context menus and message boxes don't stay "focused" (on top) if I move the cursor out of the window. Can hover/click on taskbar icon to get back on screen, but as soon as I move the cursor, it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clicking at the top of a maximized screen clicks the thing behind it