Windows 10: Problem when I open newly installed Chrome

Discus and support Problem when I open newly installed Chrome in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome as it was not updating. Now everytime I open Chrome it goes to the screen to ask whether I want this app to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Margaret Nickisson, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Problem when I open newly installed Chrome

I had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome as it was not updating. Now everytime I open Chrome it goes to the screen to ask whether I want this app to make changes to my device. It never did this before. How do I change this. I cannot find a setting on my laptop which assists and I do not want to stop the slider from working when I install anything else

:)

Margaret Nickisson, Apr 24, 2024
  2. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Apr 24, 2024
  3. Naki Win User
    Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

4. pepanee Win User

Problem when I open newly installed Chrome

Can't get Youtube to show videos in Chrome

Load this checklist video in Edge: (I'm assuming you did at least a few of these steps, since you stated you tried other suggestions earlier) Go through the list of suggestions here to try to repair YouTube for Chrome...

pepanee, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

Problem when I open newly installed Chrome

1. Problem when I open newly installed Chrome - Similar Threads - Problem open newly

2. Problem when I open newly installed Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem when I open newly installed Chrome: I had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome as it was not updating. Now everytime I open Chrome it goes to the screen to ask whether I want this app to make changes to my device. It never did this before. How do I change this. I cannot find a setting on my laptop which assists...
  3. Problem when I open newly installed Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem when I open newly installed Chrome: I had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome as it was not updating. Now everytime I open Chrome it goes to the screen to ask whether I want this app to make changes to my device. It never did this before. How do I change this. I cannot find a setting on my laptop which assists...
  4. Permissions Problem on newly installed program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permissions Problem on newly installed program: Good day,I have encountered the most unusual situation.I have installed a athletics results program for the school I am working with. For some or other reason the computer does not allow the program to work. I have checked all the permissions on the folder of the program....
  5. Permissions Problem on newly installed program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permissions Problem on newly installed program: Good day,I have encountered the most unusual situation.I have installed a athletics results program for the school I am working with. For some or other reason the computer does not allow the program to work. I have checked all the permissions on the folder of the program....
  6. Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome crashes immediately when I open it: When I try to open chrome it crashes as soon as I open it. I have found a workaround to this where I rename chrome in the file explorer. As soon as I rename chrome it works fine for a bit then something goes wrong and it says the side configuration is wrong then I have to do...
  7. Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome crashes immediately when I open it: When I try to open chrome it crashes as soon as I open it. I have found a workaround to this where I rename chrome in the file explorer. As soon as I rename chrome it works fine for a bit then something goes wrong and it says the side configuration is wrong then I have to do...
  8. New laptop; newly installed programs immediately close when I open them

New laptop; newly installed programs immediately close when I open them: I just bought a new laptop and it arrived today. I set it up and installed Chrome however when I tried to open it, the window showed for a split second and immediately closed. So, I tried installing Opera browser instead to see if that would work but that does that same thing...
  9. BSOD when I try to open Chrome

BSOD when I try to open Chrome: Hi all, Really hoping someone can help me with this as it's driving me nuts! I have been using Google Chrome as my everyday browser on this Iota laptop I've had for almost a year, with no issues. In the last few weeks, I have been getting the occasional Blue Screen Of Death...
  10. Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open: Hi, I just updated to W10. If I open several files/documents I get the icon in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the page), hover over it and see the documents that are open. I then open Chrome and the Chrome icon appears in the taskbar and the documents open icon...