Windows 10: Problem when resetting pc with windows 10.

Discus and support Problem when resetting pc with windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop was running very slowly so i tried to do a clean install i did the option where you delete all the personal files but not clean the whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by needhelp58093, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Problem when resetting pc with windows 10.

My laptop was running very slowly so i tried to do a clean install i did the option where you delete all the personal files but not clean the whole hard drive because i am going to keep my laptop. A window has been displaying "Resetting this pc This will take a few minutes and your pc will restart." for the past 3 hours. The cancel button at the bottom right has been greyed out so there is no longer an option to cancel. Is there a way to cancel the reset safely? Thank you.

:)

needhelp58093, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Problem when resetting pc with windows 10.

Windows 10 "There was a problem resetting your PC"

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool from the link provided below and perform a Reset.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.
    Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Problem when resetting pc with windows 10.

1. Problem when resetting pc with windows 10. - Similar Threads - Problem resetting

2. cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service": This has been an asked question here before, but i cannot for the life of me find a fix. I have tried different devices, browsers, cleared cookies, cache, upgraded to windows 11, etc etc etc. no matter what i do, i cannot change or reset my Microsoft account password for my...
  3. cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service": This has been an asked question here before, but i cannot for the life of me find a fix. I have tried different devices, browsers, cleared cookies, cache, upgraded to windows 11, etc etc etc. no matter what i do, i cannot change or reset my Microsoft account password for my...
  4. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  5. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  6. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Reset problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reset problem: I have been trying to reset my old computer and the process has failed four times. It is currently running windows 10 Pro.A couple of things that may or may not be contributing to the problems:- this computer used to be set up in a RAID format however it is no longer in a...
  8. Windows Reset problem

Windows Reset problem: I have been trying to reset my old computer and the process has failed four times. It is currently running windows 10 Pro.A couple of things that may or may not be contributing to the problems:- this computer used to be set up in a RAID format however it is no longer in a...
  9. Windows Reset problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Factory reset problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset problem: i had to factory reset my pc but when i try logging in into my account it says "User Service service failed to Sign in" if someone can help me with this issue that would be greatly appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 resetting this pc this will take a few minutes

2. this will take a few minutes and your pc will restart