Windows 10: Problem when Waking the pc after Sleep

Discus and support Problem when Waking the pc after Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After putting my desktop pc to sleep, I used to Wake it up again by pressing the large 'Enter' button on my Keyboard. Now, this doesn't work for me and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bigmal_700, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Problem when Waking the pc after Sleep

After putting my desktop pc to sleep, I used to Wake it up again by pressing the large 'Enter' button on my Keyboard. Now, this doesn't work for me and I have to press the main 'Power' button. I have tried HP's Keyboard Trouble shooter, and windows Trouble shooter but cannot find anything that refers to this.

:)

Bigmal_700, Aug 19, 2019

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Assimilator, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Problem when Waking the pc after Sleep

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Problem when Waking the pc after Sleep

1. Problem when Waking the pc after Sleep - Similar Threads - Problem Waking Sleep

2. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  3. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  4. Issue with control of cursor when waking up PC after it sleeps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue with control of cursor when waking up PC after it sleeps: OK. Can't quite figure this out. It is a recent problem with my desktop PC. WIN10 Home, self-built: Ryzen 5600X CPU, ASUS B550M MB, 32GB DDR 3200 RAM, AMD RX 6700XT GPU, and so on - the PC working fine since assembly and being placed in-service about 6-7 months ago. Last...
  5. Issue with control of cursor when waking up PC after it sleeps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with control of cursor when waking up PC after it sleeps: OK. Can't quite figure this out. It is a recent problem with my desktop PC. WIN10 Home, self-built: Ryzen 5600X CPU, ASUS B550M MB, 32GB DDR 3200 RAM, AMD RX 6700XT GPU, and so on - the PC working fine since assembly and being placed in-service about 6-7 months ago. Last...
  6. PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep: Hi. I Have a Lenovo Legion laptop thats in ok condition, despite a missing keycap that still has functionality. I disabled my keyboard drivers because of some external factors, but reinstalled them latest ver and they've been working fine.However, an issue that i never had...
  7. PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep: Hi. I Have a Lenovo Legion laptop thats in ok condition, despite a missing keycap that still has functionality. I disabled my keyboard drivers because of some external factors, but reinstalled them latest ver and they've been working fine.However, an issue that i never had...
  8. PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. BSODS When Waking PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODS When Waking PC from Sleep: Hello,TL:DR Newly built PC BSODs every few days after waking, have tried almost everything.I will do my best to explain everything here in detail.I ordered all the parts and built the PC about 2 months ago.Specs:The specsRyzen 5600xAsus B550-F wifi32GB Hyper X Fury DDR4...
  10. Problems reconnecting Ethernet after waking from PC sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems reconnecting Ethernet after waking from PC sleep: In mid-March, I bought a new custom-built desktop computer running Windows 10 that includes a motherboard with a RealTek PCIe GBE family network controller, which worked perfectly until several days ago. A couple of weeks back, I subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud and...