Windows 10: Problem: Whenever I open Files Explorer nothing shows up and it just has a green loading...

Discus and support Problem: Whenever I open Files Explorer nothing shows up and it just has a green loading... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Beneficial-Highway52 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Beneficial-Highway52, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Problem: Whenever I open Files Explorer nothing shows up and it just has a green loading...

/u/Beneficial-Highway52, Nov 13, 2022
  2. ilangom Win User

File explorer slow with loading thumnails and files

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

ilangom, Nov 13, 2022
  3. File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death

When I first upgraded to W10, File Explorer worked as it did in W7. Now when I open it I see a blank preview section and the forever expanding green ribbon in the ribbon bar. I tried checking Always show Icons, never thumbnails and the green ribbon finally finishes. But not being able to see picture thumbnails is a pain. I turned thumbnails on for the Pictures folder only and the never ending green ribbon is back. Possibly a related problem: with thumbnails off (or on) if I left click on a video file in the Videos volder, file explorer hangs and I have to end it with Task Manager.

I have heard that by ending the dllhost.exe process/service, the green ribbon goes away, but so does W10 security and stability.

Suggestions on how to fix are appreciated.

Without a properworking File Explorer, W10 is not really a suitable OS.

Graywuhllf, Nov 13, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Problem: Whenever I open Files Explorer nothing shows up and it just has a green loading...

File Explorer Not Functioning - Green Loading Forever

You mention Windows search too: consider this case which the poster solved:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-c2177a276885

Another possible idea:
    Fix Windows folder unresponsive/slow behavior, green loading bar

If you want to see what's actually happening as that progress bar progresses, you can capture ALL activity (from registry access upwards) using Procmon (Process Monitor) free from MS, but I'd guess it's more likely to be a peculiarity of explorer vs configuration.

You get a long text list of activity; lots of very technical filters to focus on particular aspects.

dalchina, Nov 13, 2022
Thema:

Problem: Whenever I open Files Explorer nothing shows up and it just has a green loading...

1. Problem: Whenever I open Files Explorer nothing shows up and it just has a green loading... - Similar Threads - Problem Whenever open

2. Nothing will open or load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing will open or load: I’m able to log into my computer just fine but nothing will open. I can open the start menu but it won’t close. I can’t open my settings, clicking restart does nothing. I’ve turned off my laptop and back on and the issue persists. Can’t open any browser, task manager hotkey...
  3. Nothing will open or load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing will open or load: I’m able to log into my computer just fine but nothing will open. I can open the start menu but it won’t close. I can’t open my settings, clicking restart does nothing. I’ve turned off my laptop and back on and the issue persists. Can’t open any browser, task manager hotkey...
  4. file explorer shows as open but nothing shows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer shows as open but nothing shows: Hi! Yesterday my file explorer on windows 11 suddenly stopped working. It shows as open with the little line under the icon on the process bar. Although it shows as open, nothing shows up on screen. When I quit the process in the task manager nothing happens. I ran the sfc...
  5. file explorer shows as open but nothing shows

file explorer shows as open but nothing shows: Hi! Yesterday my file explorer on windows 11 suddenly stopped working. It shows as open with the little line under the icon on the process bar. Although it shows as open, nothing shows up on screen. When I quit the process in the task manager nothing happens. I ran the sfc...
  6. I can't access files on file explorer. My computer waits and loads and nothing shows up in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access files on file explorer. My computer waits and loads and nothing shows up in...: This has been happening for 8 weeks. I have tried restarting, rebooting, reinstalling all applications and nothing seems to fix it. It freezes on the progress bar and nothing loads. This is in file explorer. I can't access local or cloud storage. Could someone please suggest...
  7. I can't access files on file explorer. My computer waits and loads and nothing shows up in...

I can't access files on file explorer. My computer waits and loads and nothing shows up in...: This has been happening for 8 weeks. I have tried restarting, rebooting, reinstalling all applications and nothing seems to fix it. It freezes on the progress bar and nothing loads. This is in file explorer. I can't access local or cloud storage. Could someone please suggest...
  8. File Explorer Loads only the windows and shows nothing and keeps on loading. Please refer...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer Loads only the windows and shows nothing and keeps on loading. Please refer...: I recently started a windows update. After that when I tried to open file explorer it loads nothing. See in the image.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-loads-only-the-windows-and-shows/9ddfe705-237c-4a4a-b966-d7633f3fb821
  9. File Explorer Not Functioning - Green Loading Forever

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Not Functioning - Green Loading Forever: Lots of computers on our domain reporting File Explorer not functioning at ALL. Sits with the Green Loading Bar, and returns nothing. Done all normal troubleshooting (Reset FE settings, Index settings, SFC, etc...) . Issues can be persistent or intermittent depending on...
  10. Nothing opens except file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing opens except file explorer: Hi guys new to this all but just got so desperate I had to sign up to ask. I've had windows 10 since November and just today it's been playing up. None of the apps open - they display a message "element not found" for explorer exe or for other things like chrome, ms word you...