Windows 10: Problem while clicking on Accounts to Change Password, Got a error Settings App

Discus and support Problem while clicking on Accounts to Change Password, Got a error Settings App in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have problem after upgrading from Windows 10 version 1909 to 20H2 October 2020 Update. First I'm trying to open Settings app to Change Passwords,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by maxley2056, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Problem while clicking on Accounts to Change Password, Got a error Settings App

I have problem after upgrading from Windows 10 version 1909 to 20H2 October 2020 Update.

First I'm trying to open Settings app to Change Passwords, Just after clicking on Accounts and

the Settings app freeze then this message came up and i restarted my PC, still having the same issues:

Problem while clicking on Accounts to Change Password, Got a error Settings App 3c664910-9977-4db7-ad25-5acad5e40037?upload=true.png

And if i keep it running after clicking Close on this message, the PC reset instantly and boot back to Windows normally.

:)

maxley2056, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Google Apps Password Problem? Unauthorized Entry Into PCs & Phones

Hi boweasel.

I'm unfamiliar with such an app. In any event I'm sure the answer is a complete review of her account profile and likely the removal of this app. Sure it is not the authenticator app that gives you six digit codes.

Sign into your sister email on a computer. In the upper right is either her picture or a character representing her name right beside the nine dots. Click once on this and then click google account. On the left of the page that opens click security.

Then go through and change password, enable two step verification using her cell as the number. When offered to generate 10 new backup codes do so to cancel out old codes that may have been generated.

Blow away all app passwords.

Then open recovery phone and make sure the correct numbers are there.

Same with recovery email, make sure only the email accounts she wants are list. (Be sure he doesn't have access to this recovery account)

Problem while clicking on Accounts to Change Password, Got a error Settings App [​IMG]

Scroll down and go through each section like your devices, aps with access, etc.

Pay attention to other accounts like her Playstore account or other accounts where they may ask security questions or birthdates.

I would enable two step everywhere with her cell as the verify text number.

As to the windows device it might be time for a clean install. I would carefully scan list of installed apps. Start > Settings >apps.

Once this is all completed you may need to generate an app password to use in email on phone. Generate it on this same page.

Caledon Ken, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Problem while clicking on Accounts to Change Password, Got a error Settings App

How to change the login password for the account?

Hi Gregor,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are logging into the computer with Microsoft account.

If you are using the Microsoft account to log in, I would like to inform you that it is not possible to sign into Windows without the password.

If you would like to change the password for the Microsoft Account, I suggest you to refer to the link provided below and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-password

If you would like to change the password for the local account, please follow the below steps:

• Press "Windows" and now the Start Menu will appear, click on your account on the top, and then select
      "Change account settings".

• You may also select
      "Settings"
      on the Start Menu, click "Accounts" to open the Accounts settings.

• Choose "Sign-in options" on the left panel, and then click on
      "Change" button below Password on the right panel.

• Now Enter your current password and click on
      "Next" to continue.

• Enter and reenter your new password, and enter the password hint, and then click on
      "Next" to modify your user local account password.
    However, you may create a local account/user account and use that account to sign in, so that it will not ask you for the password when signing in.

Once you have created a local account, Please follow the below steps, if you would like sign in to a user account without password.

• Press Windows +
      R.
    • Type netplwiz.exe
    • Uncheck this box “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer” and press apply.
    • Automatically sign in password box prompts. Write your Password twice and press OK.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Problem while clicking on Accounts to Change Password, Got a error Settings App

1. Problem while clicking on Accounts to Change Password, Got a error Settings App - Similar Threads - Problem while clicking

2. Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my sincere concern regarding the recent mandatory password change for my Microsoft account. For the past decade, I have used a seven-character password without any issues. However, during...
  3. Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my sincere concern regarding the recent mandatory password change for my Microsoft account. For the past decade, I have used a seven-character password without any issues. However, during...
  4. Request to change my account password to the previous one, or change the user-set password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My microsoft account got hacked and the email and password got changed

My microsoft account got hacked and the email and password got changed: so i wanted to buy xbox game pass for pc but when i went on the xbox app i saw that my account got hacked and that the email and everything got changed but i was logged in on the browser for a little bit but i wasnt able to remove the card as it needed me to input the...
  6. My microsoft account got hacked and the email and password got changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account got hacked and the email and password got changed: so i wanted to buy xbox game pass for pc but when i went on the xbox app i saw that my account got hacked and that the email and everything got changed but i was logged in on the browser for a little bit but i wasnt able to remove the card as it needed me to input the...
  7. how to change where to get apps setting it says go to settings click on apps then on apps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change where to get apps setting it says go to settings click on apps then on apps...: i cant change the where to get apps setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-where-to-get-apps-setting-it-says-go/4d064421-274e-4dbd-9e7d-ca96d70a9dcb
  8. how to change where to get apps setting it says go to settings click on apps then on apps...

how to change where to get apps setting it says go to settings click on apps then on apps...: i cant change the where to get apps setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-where-to-get-apps-setting-it-says-go/4d064421-274e-4dbd-9e7d-ca96d70a9dcb
  9. Account password change

Account password change: This microsoft account password thing makes setting up windows and all of that so much easier...The thing that gets me is that it's good account and password security to change your password regularly, but if you're using the MS account password on your pc, every time you...
  10. error appears while changing account name

in Windows 10 Customization
    error appears while changing account name: Hi I wanna change my account name but this Error appears [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-appears-while-changing-account-name/ea5f6391-8c42-4f13-9032-e9c7a4d2f11a