Windows 10: Problem while trying to restore the system

Discus and support Problem while trying to restore the system in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Good morning, Yesterday I started having a problem with my laptop, it doesn't open programs, images, pdf's, etc.. I tried to restore the system but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by RKelviin, Sep 5, 2015.

1. RKelviin Win User

Problem while trying to restore the system

Good morning, Yesterday I started having a problem with my laptop, it doesn't open programs, images, pdf's, etc.. I tried to restore the system but it doesn't works. Here are some screenshots that I took from it. I've already tried everything that I know to try to solve this but didn't work.

1) Starting to restore:

Problem while trying to restore the system [​IMG]

2) After the fail

3) Trying to open an jpg and a pdf

Thanks for the attention! *Wink

:)

RKelviin, Sep 5, 2015

2. System font size varies while trying to access the trackpad on Windows 10

Hi,

I have now had my HP laptop for a few weeks and love it. Its loaded with Windows 10 which isnt too bad. The one issue I seem to have is when I am scrolling with the built in louse pad, the font will increase or decrease on its on. Some days, several times
    in one day. This is EXTREMELY annoying. Im wondering if thats why they made the setting to increase/decrease the font size so easy to find because your always having to fix the issue.

Beside that, Windows 10 isnt too bad to navigate.

Thanks,

Scott J. Politano

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Original title: Font changes size on its own....

Scott JPolitano, Sep 5, 2015
  3. System font size varies while trying to access the trackpad on Windows 10

Hi Scott,

As you are facing issues with font size increase and decrease while trying to access the touchpad, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Does this issue happens with any specific task on your device?

As a workaround, I suggest you to use external mouse, connect it to your laptop, try to reproduce and check if the issue persists. This will let us know if the issue is with mouse pad or the operating system.

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you disable trackpad, restart the laptop, re-enable and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and enable.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 5, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, ideally you would restore a disk image you created using Macrium Reflect, Aomei Backupper etc etc. That's how you get yourself out of difficult situations in a time-limited way without panic. I'm assuming you haven't created any disk images, so lesson learnt, get yourself a copy of Macrium Reflect (free!) and make sure you create the boot disk.

So your PC boots, and it looks as if some programs run, but not others.

Before you do anything to change your disk content, get Macrium Reflect, make an image of what you've got now. That also effectively backs up everything, which you can recover on a file by file basis, for example, from the image.

Now you need to reach a decision as to whether your PC is recoverable as is, or whether you will need to clean install Windows.

Have you run Chkdsk?

Are all your programs installed on one partition, or have you installed some on another partition than C:\? If the latter, which partitions are protected by System Restore?

Taking a program that doesn't start, can you uninstall it?

(You may find you need a program like Revo Uninstaller or Geek Uninstaller (pretty good!) to help you here).

Can you reinstall it successfully?

If so, how many programs don't start? - it would help to go thru all and check which ones do and which ones don't.

Just some thoughts.. you'll have to see how far you get. Good luck.

dalchina, Sep 6, 2015
  5. Cluster Head, Sep 6, 2015
  6. RKelviin Win User
    I'll try try that, but there are some programs like CodeBlocks that run normally, but when I try to compilate my code, it crashes. I think the best choice is to restore it from a point that it didn't had this issue. Other problem is that the games from Steam doesn't open too.

Thank you!

RKelviin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem while trying to restore the system - Similar Threads - Problem while trying

2. System Restore Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Problems: Evening.A bit earlier today I attempted to open a program I use often on my computer that caused it to blue screen. This was a first for me. After this happened a few times I managed to navigate my way through the blue screens of Advanced Startup Options back to a point where...
  3. 0x80070013 error while trying to System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070013 error while trying to System Restore: It sais that it can't extract this file, which is in the previous restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x80070013-error-while-trying-to-system-restore/8ad8e0a2-e437-4034-b07e-363aaa33f507
  4. 0x80070013 error while trying to System Restore

0x80070013 error while trying to System Restore: It sais that it can't extract this file, which is in the previous restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x80070013-error-while-trying-to-system-restore/8ad8e0a2-e437-4034-b07e-363aaa33f507
  5. 0x80070013 error while trying to System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Error code 0x80070780 while trying to Restore System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0x80070780 while trying to Restore System: Hello!I've been trying to restore my system to a previous version from 2 days ago, but I keep getting this error message I've already tried SFC Scannow, clean booting, safe mode, check disk scan, volume shadow copy and pretty much everything recommended but nothing...
  7. Error code 0x80070780 while trying to Restore System

Error code 0x80070780 while trying to Restore System: Hello!I've been trying to restore my system to a previous version from 2 days ago, but I keep getting this error message I've already tried SFC Scannow, clean booting, safe mode, check disk scan, volume shadow copy and pretty much everything recommended but nothing...
  8. Error code 0x80070780 while trying to Restore System

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Error while system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error while system restore: I'm on Windows 11 and getting an error while trying to do system restore..please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-while-system-restore/4d1ab8d7-9be0-42c1-8109-302b5e5d0bb8
  10. Error while system restore

Error while system restore: I'm on Windows 11 and getting an error while trying to do system restore..please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-while-system-restore/4d1ab8d7-9be0-42c1-8109-302b5e5d0bb8