Windows 10: PROBLEM - Windows 10 very slow loading files inside folders

Discus and support PROBLEM - Windows 10 very slow loading files inside folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there again! Today I'm talking about another annoying Windows thing that's not for everyone but in particular for people who are working with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gabriele Vergottini, Jul 2, 2020.

1. PROBLEM - Windows 10 very slow loading files inside folders

Hello there again!

Today I'm talking about another annoying Windows thing that's not for everyone but in particular for people who are working with big files on the PC. I experienced both on my workstation PC and Surface Pro 6 Tablet-Laptop that when it comes to load a good amount of digital camera RAW files or clips Windows, before showing you every single file, it loads them. This wouldn't be a problem unless it does this process in a very slowly way.

I builded my PC with an i7 8700K 5.0GHz Overclocked CPU 6 cores 12 threads, 32GB RAM 3200MHz 16x2, Nvidia GTX EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB, M2 SSD Samsung EVO PRO 256GB and 2 HDDs 1TB each Seagate Barracuda.
    Otherwise, my Surface is a i7 8650U CPU, 16GB RAM DDR3 and 500GB SSD M2.
    I have the license for Windows 10 Pro and I run a DISK TEST on both my devices. Everything was working fine as expected, with a lot of speed more than a GB/s.

But the problem's still there. Files inside folders won't load quickly. I tryied also to reset my PC cause the SSD M2 Samsung EVO PRO is NEW and I made a clean install of Windows 10.
    Problem's still there, so I think that the problem is Windows 10. Is this possible? It is really annoying. Also another photographer that I know is expectingthe same issue as me.

Best regards, Gabriele.

:)

Gabriele Vergottini, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Painfully load folders contents really slow regardless if is a folder created by me or a windows folder

Every single folder regardless if is a folder created by me or a windows folder or even any folder in any of my other 3 hard drive it will load the content inside this folder Pics video whatever that is inside the folder loads painfully slow. I even
    did a fresh install of windows 10 with a clean brand new SSD HDD, Motherboard, CPU and still the problem persist.

I have a very powerful machine with SSD, 4.6 Intel 6 core processor and a Geforce GTX 1080 and this thing load the contents inside any folder really slow. Never had this happen to me before it just mysteriously started happening, this is definitely a windows
    problem not a components problem.

I have been suggested to do a few things trying to fix the problem like changing the folder to (General) but every folder is already set to general

I have been suggested to go to system configuration and uncheck (Windows search) and save and restart

none of this method did nothing to solve the problem.

ApocalypseDooms, Jul 2, 2020
  4. PROBLEM - Windows 10 very slow loading files inside folders

Very slow to load Downloads folder in Windows 10

The steps outlined at How to Fix a Slow-Opening Windows Downloads Folder | Laptop Mag helped me.

1. Open File Explorer. You can get there by hitting Windows Key + E or clicking on the explorer icon in your taskbar.

2. Right click on the Downloads shortcut in the
    window pane and select Properties.

3. Navigate to the Customize tab.

4. Select "General items" from the "Optimize this folder for:" list.

5. Click Ok.​

MarineGeek23, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

PROBLEM - Windows 10 very slow loading files inside folders

1. PROBLEM - Windows 10 very slow loading files inside folders - Similar Threads - PROBLEM very slow

2. Save File, "New Folder" very slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Save File, "New Folder" very slow: Lately when attempting downloads or saving files, the Save File "New Folder" button seems to take forever to complete (at least a minute). I can't pin down exactly when this started happening, just that I've been annoyed by it in for a t least the last month. Does anyone have...
  3. Windows loads very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows loads very slow: Hi My windows recently works very slowly , hard disk usage is at 100% response time 2000 Every command takes a lot of time like 2 or 3 minutes . I uninstalled latest update , check hard disk it was fine, nothing works . Please help me....
  4. Windows Folders loading very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Folders loading very slow: Hi, My PC is very slow when loading folders. This is particularly noticeable with picture folders. I mean it can take 5 minutes and the green status slider is still going to load the pictures. I have sent hours and hours online trying to find an answer. I've tried...
  5. Loads very Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loads very Slow: I have an Asus Laptop X540 B. Just over 1 year old. Yesterday it started functioning erratically. It takes more than hour to load. Once desktop loads , i noticed the system has reset itself. But when i try to open any file/folder/drive it just hangs and stays like that for...
  6. OneDrive folder is very slow on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive folder is very slow on Windows 10: Out of nowhere today, my OneDrive folder is very slow in navigating. It usually opens up folders within OneDrive instantly. I tried restarting the PC but still same issue. submitted by /u/FailedPreMedStudent [link] [comments]...
  7. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...
  8. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...
  9. File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files: Hi All, When I double click on an .exe file to install a program, in Windows File Explorer, it takes over a minute to start the installation process. When I use Total Commander to do the same thing, it installs straight away. I've also tried it after disabling my Norton AV...
  10. Very slow to show files in folder with many files

in Windows 10 Support
    Very slow to show files in folder with many files: I have a big problem. I have a NAS with some folders containing many movies, in one 1.000 and in the other over 2.000, and every time I go to open the folder windows 10 takes a long to see them all files, especially put them in order of date or size There the way to solve it...