Windows 10: Problem with 1809 with copy an exe

Discus and support Problem with 1809 with copy an exe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys , with the newest Windows update 1809 we have a problem with our programs. We have a program in C# with 4.5 Framework that copy a .exe in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sistemisti Seac, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Problem with 1809 with copy an exe

Hi guys , with the newest Windows update 1809 we have a problem with our programs.

We have a program in C# with 4.5 Framework that copy a .exe in C:\Folder\Folder\ but in the 1809 update we are not able to do that copy.

With 1803 the .exe file are copied.

What's Securty changes Microsoft in the newest update?

Thanks.

:)

Sistemisti Seac, Feb 14, 2019

2. not able to use MediaCreationTool1809.exe on my Windows 10 1809

hi,

i have Windows 10 1809 (10.0.17763.55) installed on my Desctop-PC. it was installed with the Windows version published by Microsoft officially.

of that version i used MediaCreationTool1809.exe to do a fresh installation.

but by accident i deleted the created Windows 10 1809 boot/installation media.

by trying the MediaCreationTool1809.exe again to recreate a windows 10 1809 boot/installation media i run into a problem.

MediaCreationTool1809.exe says that there is a newer version of MediaCreationTool and guides me to the webpage of the MediaCreationTool.

but on the webpage only the MediaCreationTool1803 is available at the moment.

when i try to use MediaCreationTool1803.exe on my Windows 10 1809 PC i get an error, because the MediaCreationTool1803 does not match with Windows 10 1809.

how can i create a Windows 10 1809 Boot/installation media?

i know Microsoft rejected the Windows 10 1809 version because of dataloss issues in some upgrade scenatios, but now i don't have any possibility to boot windows from an DVD or USB stick, because i can't create a boot media for my installed Windows
    10 1809.

how can i create a boot media (iso or USB) for my Windows 10 1809 ?

i have:

Windows 10 Pro x64 1809 (10.0.17763.1) -> (10.0.17763.55 via commulative update 2018-10)

MediaCreationTool1809.exe (10.0.17763.1)

beta-tester, Feb 14, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 14, 2019
  4. E.Swaff Win User

Problem with 1809 with copy an exe

I cannot update my Surface Pro 6 to Windows 10 1809

I just upgraded my Surface Pro to Windows 10 build 1809.
    Here are the steps I did:

1. Open your web browser and go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and click "Download tool now".
    2. Double-click on the MediaCreationTool1809.exe file you've downloaded.
    3. Agree the license terms.
    4. Select the "Upgrade this PC now" option and click Next.
    5. Just wait to complete the upgrade process.

E.Swaff, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Problem with 1809 with copy an exe

1. Problem with 1809 with copy an exe - Similar Threads - Problem 1809 copy

2. Problem with Python .exe apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with Python .exe apps: Hi,I've made a python program and I converted it to .exe file using pyinstaller. But the defender detects it as a trojan. Is there any way to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problem-with-python-exe-apps/e55c4306-a52b-4dad-b93b-d43de1552236
  3. Copy URL from a .exe Web App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copy URL from a .exe Web App: I have a .exe Web App and I want to copy a URL from it but it isn't allowing me to do that. Please help. submitted by /u/Background_Screen497 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxwnen/copy_url_from_a_exe_web_app/
  4. Copying Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying Problem: While copying rather transferring files from one Hard Disk to another - larger one, I faced a peculiar problem. Old disk probably had a few corrupted files and copying was aborted for the files with "Invalid MsDOS function... try again skip" etc. That's OK, and is natural....
  5. copy problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    copy problem: I have a Brother MFC-9130CW printer and it won't copy properly. the ink is very, very light. We have replaced the ink cartridges, but it still won't copy. We can print from our computer, but not do a copy. any suggestions?...
  6. Exe file problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exe file problem: In my pc some of the exe file setups are not opening.Whenever i open them nothing shows up no error screen nothing. It does the same when i open chrome setup it shows nothing . Plzz fix this problem....
  7. PowerShell problem in 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell problem in 1809: Hi PS C:\> get-date 03 February 2019 10:31:23 PS C:\> Get-NetAdapter Get-NetAdapter : Invalid class At line:1 char:1 + Get-NetAdapter + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_NetAdapter:ROOT/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetAdapter) [Get-NetA dapter],...
  8. .exe Installation Problem

.exe Installation Problem: Hey everyone, I'm facing a weird and frustrating problem. I got a new Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB (Freedos) a couple days ago. I installed Windows 10 with the .iso file I got from Windows. I entered my license key and I updated drivers, installed all Windows updates and...
  9. rundll32.exe causes heavy problems

rundll32.exe causes heavy problems: Hi everyone, It's simply impossible to work fluently without been stopped, because of this process. All rundll32 processes in Task Manager point to the same process in system32. Many antivirus softwares have been tried, but nothing found. System info: Lenovo yoga with i7...
  10. Rundll32.exe Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rundll32.exe Problem: Hi Everybody as the title shows i want to completely block Windows Host Processes (Rundll32.exe) from being executed and i am very consistent to do so *sarc because its swallowing my cpu all the time *Mad and im sure that its not a virus it just a droll and useless windows...