Windows 10: Problem with 2004 IS0

Discus and support Problem with 2004 IS0 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Using Chrome and following printed directions, I get the ISO ok. When I try to extract it to a flask stick it fails. I select 64 bit ISO Extracting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ken1943, May 28, 2020.

1. ken1943 Win User

Problem with 2004 IS0

Using Chrome and following printed directions, I get the ISO ok. When I try to extract it to a flask stick it fails.
    I select 64 bit ISO
    Extracting to flash stick, I get 'not enough space' file is install.wim
    I have tried multiple 8 gig sticks
    32 gig stick also failed
    I was able to extract ok to an external usb hdd, but afraid to run it because of a possible problem
    with multiple drives ssd & hdd and external hdd.

Sort of stumped at this point

Thanks

:)

ken1943, May 28, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Problem with 2004 IS0

It does help if you read the replies *Wink I mentioned the 4GB Fat32 limit in post #6

As for getting MCT to run on your machines, I showed in post #6 a screenshot of it running on mine.

In post #18 I suggested troubleshooting steps to get the MCT to run, and if that failed a way to split up an install.wim that's larger than 4GB.

Bree, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Problem with 2004 IS0

Not true. I have had W10 installed since August 2015 and have downloaded and run the MCT for every new ISO since then. Here it is....

Problem with 2004 IS0 [​IMG]

If it doesn't run for you, that's not normal. What errors does it report?

Dalchina's suggestion to try Heidoc will, unfortunately, download another ISO that contains an install.wim. Only the MCT makes an ISO with an install.esd, whicch is a more compresse format. Microsoft always ensure that the install.esd is smaller than Fat32's 4GB maximum file size.

Bree, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Problem with 2004 IS0

Problem with 2004 IS0

Sorry might just be terminology.

When you say you extract it, do you mean you mount the ISO and then copy files?

MCT will run if you have Win 10 installed so there is an underlying issue.

Just confirmed MCT working.

Problem with 2004 IS0 [​IMG]

Caledon Ken, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Problem with 2004 IS0

1. Problem with 2004 IS0 - Similar Threads - Problem 2004 IS0

2. Multiple Problems with 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Problems with 2004 Update: Hi all, With the 2004 updates, starting about two or three months ago, I've been having nothing but problems andI have not seen anyone talking about the update with their computers since 2016-2019. I don't even know what discussion category to put this in because it has...
  3. Problems with Windows 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with Windows 2004 update: Since the Windows 2004 update, I can't toggle the calendar on the taskbar, I can't display or change networks with the taskbar icon and Network Sharing won't show available networks so I can't change them, and the speaker icon won't show the volume or allow me to change it, I...
  4. 2004 update big problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2004 update big problems: I ran the 2004 update. It is problematic. The old path was C/Users/MyUserName where MyUserName is the username I chose but now it goes to C/Users/Temp.ComputerName.002. where ComputerName is the name I gave to my computer Microsoft Edge cannot find my favorites. All of the...
  5. Windows 10 2004 problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 2004 problems: I updated my windows to the 2004 version a week ago. It worked fine for two days and after the it stopped connecting to the internet. When i connect to the wifi it shows no internet access and my laptop stops working properly. the system works fine when I i do not connect to...
  6. Problem with update to version 2004

Problem with update to version 2004: When my computer is trying to update, I get roaring fans and beeps that are repeating over and overagain until I press the power button.Any help is highly appreciated...
  7. 2004 windows update problem

2004 windows update problem: Tried to install latest version of windows, now my computer won’t boot. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2004-windows-update-problem/8166517b-c176-4d64-81e6-b62f82b5d292
  8. keyboard problems on 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    keyboard problems on 2004: Hey, I have a problem on HP ProDesk 405 Desktops: When i connect a keyboard, it works only a few minutes. Then every key stops working except (!) the Media Keys. Plugging the board into another usb port or even switching the entire keyboard does not affect anything. My only...
  9. Problem With Version 2004 Notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem With Version 2004 Notifications: I have a 64 bit Dell machine pretty old. I installed version 2004 it seems to run OK. I use Chrome and I get notifications from different websites. In old previous versions of 10, if I clicked on the notification when it first came in and was on top of all other windows it...
  10. Update 2004 problem

Update 2004 problem: I installed update Windows 10 2004 and now have an message on my laptop "There was a problem starting C:\\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-2004-problem/9e66505f-bc92-4399-ae2e-22953a1c6aae

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rsat windows 10 2004