Windows 10: Problem With a Game

Discus and support Problem With a Game in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have Original Disc Of a game called The Godfather 1 Its older but it worked before, now when i try to start it it starts for 1 second and turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dominik Bodnár, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Problem With a Game

Hello I have Original Disc Of a game called The Godfather 1 Its older but it worked before, now when i try to start it it starts for 1 second and turns off I tried to download the silent patch for it nothing happened, same with compatibility mod, Or when i change movies to _movie or _movies or movies_ It just starts for 1 second and then crashes i don't really know what happened when i had it on the version of Windows 10 called 1903 It worked i have 1909 and it does not work. When i start it without Administrator rights or Compatibility mod i get an error named 0xc000007b. I dont really know where to give this issue so ill just give it in Files.

:)

Dominik Bodnár, Jun 3, 2020

2. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Problem with games on Win 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if that helps.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 3, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Problem With a Game

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Problem With a Game

1. Problem With a Game - Similar Threads - Problem Game

2. Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...: Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error code. How can i fix this error? Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-when-i-try-to-instal-google/c3318dd5-b15a-4897-8d8c-e4e31287e73c
  3. Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...: Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error code. How can i fix this error? Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-when-i-try-to-instal-google/c3318dd5-b15a-4897-8d8c-e4e31287e73c
  4. How to fix gaming problems after the Windows 23H2 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix gaming problems after the Windows 23H2 update?: Windows update 23H2 broke almost all my PC games, they just don't start. That is, Steam tells me that the games are running, but all I see is the start video/ingress of the games. Some with sound, some without sound. I can use the Task manager to stop the start videos, but...
  5. How to fix gaming problems after the Windows 23H2 update?

How to fix gaming problems after the Windows 23H2 update?: Windows update 23H2 broke almost all my PC games, they just don't start. That is, Steam tells me that the games are running, but all I see is the start video/ingress of the games. Some with sound, some without sound. I can use the Task manager to stop the start videos, but...
  6. Problems with the Game Bar Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems with the Game Bar Windows 10: When I tried to screen record Windows + Alt + R a video, I realized that it didn't work so I went to Game Bar settings to see if there was an issue there. I had it turned off, but now that I've turned it off, every time I try to do a Game Bar command like screen recording or...
  7. WEIRD AND RARE PROBLEM! Why is Windows swapping audio channels in every game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WEIRD AND RARE PROBLEM! Why is Windows swapping audio channels in every game?: Long story short:Every installation of Windows i do is swapping stereo channels L/R to R/L ONLY when running 3D applications.This is DEFINATELY a software/windows issue because windows sound test in sound panel or youtube stereo channel test is correct channels arent...
  8. WEIRD AND RARE PROBLEM! Why is Windows swapping audio channels in every game?

WEIRD AND RARE PROBLEM! Why is Windows swapping audio channels in every game?: Long story short:Every installation of Windows i do is swapping stereo channels L/R to R/L ONLY when running 3D applications.This is DEFINATELY a software/windows issue because windows sound test in sound panel or youtube stereo channel test is correct channels arent...
  9. What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games....: What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games. It has been a long while? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-status-of-fixing-the-problems-logging/9f6fef8b-a7ef-437e-ba88-474f4a8350f5
  10. What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games....

What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games....: What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games. It has been a long while? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-status-of-fixing-the-problems-logging/9f6fef8b-a7ef-437e-ba88-474f4a8350f5