Windows 10: Problem with a new Windows 10 install on a ew SSDn

Discus and support Problem with a new Windows 10 install on a ew SSDn in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The Device: Lenovo Thinkpad carbon x1 5th gen. The SSD: I upgraded a (compatible) from the 512 PCle ssd that came with it, to an M2 NVMe 1TB I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidLohmeier, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Problem with a new Windows 10 install on a ew SSDn

The Device: Lenovo Thinkpad carbon x1 5th gen.

The SSD: I upgraded a (compatible) from the 512 PCle ssd that came with it, to an M2 NVMe 1TB

I used a re installation USB for Windows 10 I got on Amazon (Please don't judge me, I've had bad luck downloading installation media in the past so thought I'd give this a shot, )

After 3 hours of tinkering with the bios settings I finally got it to boot from the USB drive and the installation went as it has when I've installed Windows 10 on new SSD's on former devices.

Everything looked okay EXCEPT - there was no WiFi option in Network settings. No drivers to update and nothing in the network files. Message says : "No wireless device found."

I uninstalled and reseated the and to make sure the antenna wasn't pinched or damaged, it wasn't anywhere near the SSD.

Re-started - Same thing.

I downloaded Windows Installation Media but now the laptop won't boot to the USB, the formerly installed version of Windows 10 seems to keep taking precedence.

My settings: Secure Boot - Disabled, Legacy Boot Enabled, UEFI disabled, boot order is with USB-CD at the top and USB FAA next .

When I go through Recovery within Windows 10 that's installed, there are no Advanced set up options. I tried "Start Up with a Device" and it didn't work either.

I can't install any drivers since I have no internet connection. I'm launching a HUGE complaint to Amazon about this product, although I know that this particular laptop (make that any brand of laptop, something like this seems to happen with all of them, always some idiosyncratic little glitch with "that particular model"

The new SSD IS recognized. I spoke to Lenovo, they're going to send me a copy of their installation media, but I'm not optimistic. I can't enable or access Network adapter settings to enable or change them because the file is empty.

I'm sorry for the length of this, and I appreciate and will follow just about any suggestion I haven't already tried. This job - estimated to last 7 minutes and carried a difficulty rating of "Easy for Everybody" just passed the 13 hour mark.

:)

DavidLohmeier, Jun 16, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 16, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Problem with a new Windows 10 install on a ew SSDn

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Problem with a new Windows 10 install on a ew SSDn

1. Problem with a new Windows 10 install on a ew SSDn - Similar Threads - Problem install SSDn

2. problem with installing a new windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with installing a new windows: hi, I have an Acer Travelmate B117 series. when I try to install a new windows with usb, in the bios menu it doesn't show me the option to boot from usb. when I try to restart via advanced setup and select to boot via usb drive, a message pops up telling me that there isn't...
  3. problem with installing a new windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with installing a new windows: hi, I have an Acer Travelmate B117 series. when I try to install a new windows with usb, in the bios menu it doesn't show me the option to boot from usb. when I try to restart via advanced setup and select to boot via usb drive, a message pops up telling me that there isn't...
  4. problem with installing a new windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem Installing Windows 10 on new PC

Problem Installing Windows 10 on new PC: First time posting, so sorry for any mistakes. I finished my first PC build and made it to BIOS without any issues. I downloaded the Windows media creation tool on another laptop and made a media installer for a USB. I followed the steps laid out by my motherboard...
  6. Problem Installing Windows 10 on new PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem Installing Windows 10 on new PC: First time posting, so sorry for any mistakes. I finished my first PC build and made it to BIOS without any issues. I downloaded the Windows media creation tool on another laptop and made a media installer for a USB. I followed the steps laid out by my motherboard...
  7. Problem with installing new windows 10

Problem with installing new windows 10: HI! i need help with my laptop, i just bought a new Gigabyte 120gb ssd and pluged it in along with my 500gb hdd so i tryed to clone my os from hdd to ssd it was success, but it doesnt work black screen with separate dots like similar with dead GPU so i formated my ssd and...
  8. Problem with new Win 10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with new Win 10 install: I have a problem with Win 10 - can't rename anything pinned to Quick access in File Explorer. There is no rename option. If I rename something in properties, it renames the actual folder, not the entry in Quick access. Network paths have no option of renaming of any kind. I...
  9. Extreme problems on new Windows 10 installs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extreme problems on new Windows 10 installs: This is what happens on my windows 10 installs on a brand new drive with the official ISO of Windows. I can't remove programs, I can't click almost any context windows within like to Uninstaller, it just keeps clicking and does nothing. https://youtu.be/CE0PVdEZTgU...
  10. Edimax EW-7822PIC Bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edimax EW-7822PIC Bluescreen: Hey, so I've bought a new wireless adapter. Edimax EW-7822PIC. When I installed the drivers, after reboot my win10 crashes. BSOD (WHEA_Uncorrrectable_error). When I uninstall the drivers, everything works but I dont have internet xD I have tried everything. Official...