Windows 10: Problem with a particular Wi-Fi connection with one of my laptops (connects with high...

Discus and support Problem with a particular Wi-Fi connection with one of my laptops (connects with high... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having a problem like being said on the title. Longer description: I have 2 laptops here, one Asus (which I use more often) and the other one an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FKLow, Aug 17, 2019.

1. FKLow Win User

Problem with a particular Wi-Fi connection with one of my laptops (connects with high...

I'm having a problem like being said on the title.

Longer description: I have 2 laptops here, one Asus (which I use more often) and the other one an old bulky Lenovo (less often used, usually only for gaming). There's also 2 different Wi-Fi connections which I could get in my place (for simplicity A, the main one, and B from the other building which I could use). Everything works fine until a sudden disruption of Wi-Fi A, which broke down and remained unusable until yesterday, after which the problem begins.

My Asus can connect with A (recognises it, connects with high signal showing) but no Internet connection at all. This problem doesn't occur with the Lenovo laptop or any other devices (2 smartphones). The ASUS however connects with Wi-Fi B or any other Wi-Fi (as well as example tethering from my smartphone) without any problem. I've tried switching the router off then on, resetting the Wi-Fi setting in the Asus (forgetting then re-connecting); this works only temporarily (like several seconds incoming connection) then abruptly no more connection.

One thing I notice is that when connected to Wi-Fi A, I've noticed packet loss on the Wi-Fi properties (packets received only roughly a quarter of packets sent), which is not noticeable on the other connections. I've run complete virus and malware run without finding anything.

Can anyone offer some insights on this?

Thanks in advance

:)

FKLow, Aug 17, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 - Next generation Wi-Fi connectivity

Source: Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 | Wi-Fi Alliance

Brink, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Amadeus51 Win User

Problem with a particular Wi-Fi connection with one of my laptops (connects with high...

No wi-fi connection

I found the restore points and went back to last month, when the Wi-Fi was still working. I reconnected the router. The control panel says the connection is secure and connected when I tried to get online via wireless rather than DSL, but the icon on the bottom is still the DSL one. Do I have to disconnect the DSL cable in order to use the Wi-Fi or does it matter? The control panel lists both internet connections.

Amadeus51, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem with a particular Wi-Fi connection with one of my laptops (connects with high... - Similar Threads - Problem particular connection

2. Wi-Fi Connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Connection problem: The problem is when I connect to my wi-fi network with my pc the whole network lag and every device be laggyAnd if I disconnect, the network just works normally and other devices work on the internet well but if I tried to connect the network lags again,So please help me and...
  3. Wi-Fi Connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Connection problem: The problem is when I connect to my wi-fi network with my pc the whole network lag and every device be laggyAnd if I disconnect, the network just works normally and other devices work on the internet well but if I tried to connect the network lags again,So please help me and...
  4. Wi-Fi Connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Fix Wi-Fi Connection Problems Wi-Fi connection method disappeared

Fix Wi-Fi Connection Problems Wi-Fi connection method disappeared: The Wi-Fi shortcut is disappeared from the start bar. Even the Wi-Fi shortcut in the setting at the Network & Internet section has gone. After troubleshooting the issue, it pop up 'There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter'. Furthermore, I'm currently not...
  6. Wi-fi connection problem

Wi-fi connection problem: After an update my Laptop does not have Wi-fi option anymore....I tried trouble shooting.......it says" A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken''...I need help quickly..please anyone...
  7. Problem with Wi-Fi Connection

Problem with Wi-Fi Connection: why do i keep losing my wifi connection [Original Title: wifi connection] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-wi-fi-connection/ea839003-0cda-413d-99ba-516a7066c9b3
  8. Wi-Fi connection problem

Wi-Fi connection problem: Every time my WiFi disconnects after 10-20 mins and when I run the troubleshooter the problem gets fixed and again after sometime wifi disconnects, and it continues. I need a proper solution, please help me.(I am using Windows 10 version 1909)[IMG]...
  9. problem connecting my wi-fi printer with my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem connecting my wi-fi printer with my laptop: I have not been able to connect my dell wi-fi printer with my dell laptop. Wondering if anyone can help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-connecting-my-wi-fi-printer-with-my-laptop/ca879232-52ea-4d0c-b811-737ae97d9676
  10. Wi-Fi connectivity problem

Wi-Fi connectivity problem: [ATTACH] I face Wi-Fi connectivity problem. Whenever I tried to upgrade windows I face same problem on different laptops on different companies and I have to rollback the updates. Now the question is how to solve the Wi-Fi connectivity issue. I have tried all the possible...