Windows 10: Problem with a USB device

Discus and support Problem with a USB device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers it says "Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)". If I double click this entry and chose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShadowLad, Jan 19, 2021.

1. ShadowLad Win User

Problem with a USB device

In Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers it says "Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)".

If I double click this entry and chose "View All Events" and then double click the "Error" entry I see the following:

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0001\5&215af1b4&0&13 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: usb.inf
    Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
    Service:
    Lower Filters:
    Upper Filters:
    Problem: 0x2B
    Problem Status: 0x0

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0001\5&215af1b4&0&13 was configured.

Driver Name: usb.inf
    Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
    Driver Date: 06/21/2006
    Driver Version: 10.0.19041.488
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Section: BADDEVICE.Dev.NT
    Driver Rank: 0xFF0000
    Matching Device Id: USB\RESET_FAILURE
    Outranked Drivers: usb.inf:USB\RESET_FAILURE:00FF2000
    Device Updated: false
    Parent Device: USB\ROOT_HUB30\4&1b50451&0&0

:)

ShadowLad, Jan 19, 2021

2. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Unknown USB Device

Hi,

The error message Device Descriptor Request Failed Drive error may possibly occur when USB device was not recognized due to unstable or corrupt USB controllers. To provide you the accurate resolution, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If you're trying to connect a USB device, have you tried connecting it to another computer and check if the issue still persists?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run USB troubleshooter by clicking on this
    link. This will automatically diagnose USB problems and will provide you a remedy.

Additionally, we also recommend that you follow the steps in this article
    on how to troubleshoot your USB device which was not recognized.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Problem with a USB device

USB Device - No Media

Hi Huw,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers

Uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers from device manager follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Search for USB Drivers and expand it.
    • Right click on the USB Drivers and select
      Uninstall
    • Restart the Computer.
    Also install the latest USB drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Problem with a USB device

1. Problem with a USB device - Similar Threads - Problem USB device

2. Usb Device Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Device Problem: I've been having problems with my usb devices for over a year. This problem first started after an update to windows 10, the wifi constantly reset itself. Errors such as code 10 code 43, device unavailable, were constantly appearing and I could not use wifi. Neither myself...
  3. Usb Device Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb Device Problem: I've been having problems with my usb devices for over a year. This problem first started after an update to windows 10, the wifi constantly reset itself. Errors such as code 10 code 43, device unavailable, were constantly appearing and I could not use wifi. Neither myself...
  4. Problems with a USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with a USB device: I have a Razer Orbweaver that has been working for over two years now, and all of a sudden the last Win update? it stopped. Working with Razer tech support, I have uninstalled the Synapse 2.0 software/drivers, flushed my system of anything Synapse or Razer, re-installed the...
  5. Problems with a USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with a USB device: I have a Razer Orbweaver that has been working for over two years now, and all of a sudden the last Win update? it stopped. Working with Razer tech support, I have uninstalled the Synapse 2.0 software/drivers, flushed my system of anything Synapse or Razer, re-installed the...
  6. Problems with a USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. USB device recognition problems

USB device recognition problems: Whenever I plug in my ps4 controller to my pc via usb 2.0 port. It just glows orange instead of recognizing it as a device. I have tried every single port on my computer including usb 3.1 and cannot figure out a solution....
  8. USB Device Charging Problem

USB Device Charging Problem: I recently started having an issue charging my Anker Soundcore Life Q20 headphones. I am using an older Dell 620 Desktop that has been updated to Win10 Home. Previously, I would plug the headphones into a USB port for charging with a micro USB cable without problem. Now,...
  9. USB devices problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB devices problem: My USB devices shows up as "unspecified" on the control panel. submitted by /u/Windows10User2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dydp9p/usb_devices_problem/
  10. Device Manager: USB and Unknown device problem

Device Manager: USB and Unknown device problem: Hello, I recently encountered a problem in device manager where a device was missing a driver and a USB Device malfunctioned. I am not really sure what caused this to happen because I just reinstalled Windows a week ago Here is the name of my device if needed: HP ENVY...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. usb unknown drivers dated 21/6/2006

3. BADDEVICE.Dev.NT