Windows 10: Problem with accessing the Internet via Wi-Fi

Discus and support Problem with accessing the Internet via Wi-Fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have this problem with access to my Wi-Fi at home that’s driving me crazy. Since it only occurs on three laptops that run Windows10, I suspect it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JN_1967, Oct 2, 2018.

1. JN_1967 Win User

Problem with accessing the Internet via Wi-Fi

I have this problem with access to my Wi-Fi at home that’s driving me crazy. Since it only occurs on three laptops that run Windows10, I suspect it might be something to do with Windows10 and not the router itself. Other devices which do not run Windows10, like iPhones or iPads, very rarely have a problem with the Wi-Fi.

It’s like this: often, when one of the laptops wakes up from sleep or boots up, it connects to the Wi-Fi network, but the icon at the bottom right of the screen shows a Yellow Triangle and the information that there is no Internet access (which there isn’t: if you try to access the Internet, you can’t). Disconnecting from the Wi-Fi and reconnecting does not help, nor does rebooting the computer. The only way to resolve it is to restart the router. Once that is done, the problem disappears, but might reappear again in an hour or so, perhaps on a different computer. Understandably, it’s very frustrating to have to restart the router every couple of hours or so, especially whilst other people are streaming stuff on their devices and hate to be interrupted.

Any ideas what might be causing this and what I can do to fix it? Two more pieces of information that might be relevant:

First, although the computer with the problem says that is connected to the local Wi-Fi network (but does not have Internet access), if you try to connect to the router via the browser, typing in the router’s IP address, it will not connect. Which seems odd to me, I can understand it not being able to access the Internet (it says so) but if it is connected to the local network why can’t even access the router?

Second, a few weeks ago I changed our Wi-Fi password. I did not do that to resolve this issue, it was part of an effort to tighten security on our home’s Wi-Fi. After the password changed, the problem disappeared for a couple of weeks, and I thought I had accidentally found a fix for it. But, unfortunately, it has now reappeared.

I am grateful for any ideas and tips and I will gladly provide any further information required.

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the trouble!

:)

JN_1967, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Everestar Win User

Wi-Fi access

Hello. There are 3 computers, 3 Wi-Fi receivers and 1 Wi-Fi router. All 3 computers access the Internet from the router. Needed to have shared access to files and folders, that is, so that you can copy information from computer to computer without transferring it to the flash drive. How can I do it?

Everestar, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Problem with accessing the Internet via Wi-Fi

Marivel Man, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Problem with accessing the Internet via Wi-Fi

1. Problem with accessing the Internet via Wi-Fi - Similar Threads - Problem accessing Internet

2. No internet, no wi-fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet, no wi-fi: I love my Toshiba 3 in 1 laptop/notebook. Bought used 5-7 years ago. Everything worked "perfectly". System type: 64-bit operating, x64-based processor. Edition: Windows 10 Home, Version: 21H1, Installed 10/19/2021.PROBLEM:While on the web downloading an antivirus program, a...
  3. No internet, no wi-fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet, no wi-fi: I love my Toshiba 3 in 1 laptop/notebook. Bought used 5-7 years ago. Everything worked "perfectly". System type: 64-bit operating, x64-based processor. Edition: Windows 10 Home, Version: 21H1, Installed 10/19/2021.PROBLEM:While on the web downloading an antivirus program, a...
  4. No internet, no wi-fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem in accessing Wi-fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem in accessing Wi-fi: Good morning sirs,I never have problem in connecting with Wi-fi in general, except for 1 case: my mobile's hotspot.When I try to connect to it I receive the attached error, and I have to try several times or reset the card in order to get the things done.Drivers are updated,...
  6. Problem in accessing Wi-fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem in accessing Wi-fi: Good morning sirs,I never have problem in connecting with Wi-fi in general, except for 1 case: my mobile's hotspot.When I try to connect to it I receive the attached error, and I have to try several times or reset the card in order to get the things done.Drivers are updated,...
  7. Wi-Fi and Internet

Wi-Fi and Internet: I am having a problem with my laptop staying connected to the Internet. I can have it connected but if I leave long enough for it to go to sleep I loose the internet. It is still connected to the Wi-Fi though. I have to delete my wireless adaptor and reinstall to get the...
  8. Internet connection via Ethernet but not Wi-Fi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection via Ethernet but not Wi-Fi?: So currently I'm having trouble connecting my Windows 10 Asus laptop through Wi-Fi even though my cellphone and any other device around my house has connection. Of course I'm trying to connect with the Ethernet cable disconnected. Wi-Fi used to work perfectly. Here are some...
  9. Internet, WI FI

Internet, WI FI: My whole identity has been stolen, there is hackers on my fon right now this one, ive just noticed lately though that mine is shutting off to and going to public internet, im so lost, ive turned some things in but they dont give u enuff space to tell it all or i know i would...
  10. Wi-fi connected but no internet access

Wi-fi connected but no internet access: Hello microsoft , i am again facing same problem that my wifi is connected and working in browser, but showing no internet access. And when i am trying open ms store, or other apps like amazon it is showing no internet connection. So kindly fix this problem. Thank you!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 first monitor accesses internet second monitor cannot access internet