Windows 10: Problem with activated Windows 11 after RMA motherboard.

Discus and support Problem with activated Windows 11 after RMA motherboard. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear all,Last week I build a new pc, installed W11 and activated it.However I kept having issues with some piece of hardware, which ended up being the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AVe LiLi, Dec 5, 2022.

1. AVe LiLi Win User

Problem with activated Windows 11 after RMA motherboard.

Dear all,Last week I build a new pc, installed W11 and activated it.However I kept having issues with some piece of hardware, which ended up being the motherboard. So I replaced my motherboard and Windows notifies me that my Windows is no longer activated. Upon trying to re-activate it, it keeps saying that hardware has changed and I can't do anything else.I am only using a local account, no connected account on my computer.In the past I could sometimes activate by phone which should, according to google, also possible for W11 but I can't find this option anymore.Every support article keeps

:)

AVe LiLi, Dec 5, 2022

2. Win10 Pro activation post-RMA of motherboard & SSD

I bought a Win10Pro key, motherboard, SSD.

Installed and activated.

Had to RMA the motherboard, wiped the new SSD and am using it for storage on different device.

Got motherboard back and installed. Still have Win10Pro product key, but I'm using the original (not newly bought) SSD (new one is wiped anyway).

Receiving code 0xc004f050.

Troubleshooter sends me here.

Key should be active on my account (I'm told) but I don't know how to get Pro on this device.

Lead Balloon, Dec 5, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Retail Key Activation - Motherboard RMA

Hello,

I recently build a new Windows 10 PC and unfortunately I experienced some issues with RAM. Long story short it seems that the motherboard on which my PC was built has a defective RAM slot and the manufacturer advised me that likely an replacement is in order
    (RMA).

I have a Windows 10 Pro Retail Licence (and product key), so I know that it can be moved from one motherboard to the other without any issues since that license is transferable. However I am unfamiliar with this process. Right now my user account is not
    linked to my Microsoft Account, I don't know if for this to work that what is required (Microsoft Account Link) or if I can simply attempt to deactivate Windows by calling Microsoft and then re-activating Windows when I install it on my new computer board.

Can anyone provide me with proper guidance?

Thank You!

- Mike

Mike_L1011, Dec 5, 2022
  4. Problem with activated Windows 11 after RMA motherboard.

Microsoft account says I have a registered Windows 10 device but will not activate after motherboard swap

Hello! I just got a new motherboard and processor and I have attempted the following steps to reactivate my Windows but it will not reactivate. What can I do next?

• Attempted to activate via Activation screen in settings (no options to activate)
    • Ran troubleshooter from Activation screen and the troubleshooter failed with code 0xc004f213
    • Attempted to recover key from OS via VBS script (returned key was all BBBBB-BBBB...)
    • Confirmed machine is listed under my microsoft account, where the key listed there is "default string".
    • Ran through an additional online troubleshooter from Microsoft for this problem and it suggested i submit a ticket.
    I'm not surprised that I've run into a licensing problem, as I upgraded in-place when Windows 10 conversions were free from Microsoft, from a very old version of Windows 7 which I acquired legitimately via university. I do not have access to the original Windows 7 key, nor did I receive a key for Windows 10 from the 7-to-10 conversion. That does not change the fact that the version of Windows was activated and verified before the motherboard change and the machine is still listed on my microsoft account.

NicholasTyo, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

Problem with activated Windows 11 after RMA motherboard.

1. Problem with activated Windows 11 after RMA motherboard. - Similar Threads - Problem activated RMA

2. Problem with activated Windows 11 after RMA motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with activated Windows 11 after RMA motherboard.: Dear all,Last week I build a new pc, installed W11 and activated it.However I kept having issues with some piece of hardware, which ended up being the motherboard. So I replaced my motherboard and Windows notifies me that my Windows is no longer activated. Upon trying to...
  3. Problem with Windows 10 Activation after Motherboard change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Windows 10 Activation after Motherboard change: I have had windows 10 all my life and had no issues. But as soon as I swapped to a new motherboard, I now see the Activate Windows option in the bottom right. I have tried methods like Registry Editor and Command Prompt and they didn't work. My computer is the exact same as...
  4. Problem with Windows 10 Activation after Motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Windows 10 Activation after Motherboard change: I have had windows 10 all my life and had no issues. But as soon as I swapped to a new motherboard, I now see the Activate Windows option in the bottom right. I have tried methods like Registry Editor and Command Prompt and they didn't work. My computer is the exact same as...
  5. Problem with Windows 10 Activation after Motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Activation problems after motherboard and cpu upgrade

Activation problems after motherboard and cpu upgrade: Can someone reset my activation key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-problems-after-motherboard-and-cpu/fbe5403c-5ed0-4dea-a7a0-de50282e0983
  7. Windows 10 Retail Key Activation - Motherboard RMA

Windows 10 Retail Key Activation - Motherboard RMA: Hello, I recently build a new Windows 10 PC and unfortunately I experienced some issues with RAM. Long story short it seems that the motherboard on which my PC was built has a defective RAM slot and the manufacturer advised me that likely an replacement is in order RMA. I...
  8. Win10 Pro activation post-RMA of motherboard & SSD

Win10 Pro activation post-RMA of motherboard & SSD: I bought a Win10Pro key, motherboard, SSD. Installed and activated. Had to RMA the motherboard, wiped the new SSD and am using it for storage on different device. Got motherboard back and installed. Still have Win10Pro product key, but I'm using the original not newly...
  9. Windows 10 activation problem after changing motherboard and PSU.

Windows 10 activation problem after changing motherboard and PSU.: After pressing troubleshoot on the activation tab in settings and clicking on "I changed my hardware recently" I can see my PC, after pressing "This is my the device im using right now" and attempting to activate it fails with "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try...
  10. Windows 10 activation problems after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 activation problems after motherboard change: So basically I have talked to Microsoft twice. A while ago my hard drive broke and my cousin bought Windows 8.1 for me and gave a new hard drive with windows 8.1 on it. Eventually I upgraded to Windows 10. Recently I changed my motherboard and processor. Now I can't activate...