Windows 10: Problem with activating Win 10 after upgrading from Home edition to Pro edition with a...

Discus and support Problem with activating Win 10 after upgrading from Home edition to Pro edition with a... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a HP laptop that I purchased 3 years ago that came with Win 10 Home, and only yesterday I wanted to update to Win 10 Pro to try new features in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mohamed-Nadi, May 13, 2020.

1. Problem with activating Win 10 after upgrading from Home edition to Pro edition with a...

I have a HP laptop that I purchased 3 years ago that came with Win 10 Home, and only yesterday I wanted to update to Win 10 Pro to try new features in Windows for an entry tech certificate I'm currently studying,

Since I'm on a tight budget, I purchased a Win 10 pro key online from a website that I've tried before, and the key was delivered to me.

When I tried to change my Win 10 Home activation with the newly purchased key, it wouldn't accept - and gave me an error 0x803fa067

I Googled around, and there was a solution where you enter a "Generic Key" VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T to force Windows to upgrade its files from Home to Pro Edition After disconnecting network then reconnecting.... I'm sure you heard about this, right?

Anyway - It worked. The instructions said that this way will only upgrade your Windows version to Pro version, but won't activate it. You'll then need to enter the newly purchased key to do that. Unfortunately, it won't work.

It keeps on giving me the same error I got in the first place "0x803fa067".

Here's the page I got the instructions from:

https://appuals.com/fix-windows-10-activation-error-0x803fa067/

Your help is much appreciated.

:)

Mohamed-Nadi, May 13, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, May 13, 2020
  3. Upgradred to Win 10 Pro from Win 10 Home Edition(key not working)

So, i had a genuine edition of windows 8 home edition and ultimately i upgraded to win 10 Home Edition. A friend of mine gave me a product key saying i would get an upgrade to Pro but now the Key doesnt work and it says Win 10 is not activated i just want
    to revert to my Win 10 Home edition in the easiest way ! I have a snapshot of my Home Edition key before i tried that upgrade

rahulanand21, May 13, 2020
  4. Problem with activating Win 10 after upgrading from Home edition to Pro edition with a...

Windows 10 Enterprise Edition

Thank you Jayson

The problem is that I had purchased a Windows 10 Pro electronic upgrade from the Windows Anytime upgrade and after the download was finished they had downloaded Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. So the key for Pro will not work with Enterprise Edition.

So, I had a Win 10 Pro install disc and reinstalled Win 10 Pro, problem is it loaded it onto the Optane hdd accelerator chip. Now I cannot get to my hdd, Any suggestions.

Paul

Paul R Perry, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Problem with activating Win 10 after upgrading from Home edition to Pro edition with a...

1. Problem with activating Win 10 after upgrading from Home edition to Pro edition with a... - Similar Threads - Problem activating upgrading

2. windows 10 Home not upgraded to Pro edition even after Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 Home not upgraded to Pro edition even after Activation: I entered correct product key of my windows 10 Home edition for upgrade, to Pro. There is no error but it is not upgraded. After entering key it say its activated only. still I have not upgraded to Pro edition...
  3. windows 10 Home not upgraded to Pro edition even after Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 Home not upgraded to Pro edition even after Activation: I entered correct product key of my windows 10 Home edition for upgrade, to Pro. There is no error but it is not upgraded. After entering key it say its activated only. still I have not upgraded to Pro edition...
  4. windows 10 Home not upgraded to Pro edition even after Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?: I have a VM running an evaluation copy of Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. I don't really need all of that functionality and would like to downgrade to Home Edition, but I wouldn't want to reinstall everything from scratch. Is it possible to simply enter a Home edition license...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition: I currently have a license and USB Flash drive containing Windows 10 Home Edition. I'm considering doing the upgrade to Professional Edition for $99. If I perform that upgrade will I then have a new Professional product key that will allow me to perform a clean reinstall...
  7. Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro

Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro: Hello, I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro Edition. Once the upgrade process starts, it stalls after 10-14% and then I get message that says: "Windows Upgrade Failed Error Code: 0x800f0904 how can I get the upgrade process to complete and...
  8. Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition: Hi everyone! Just recently bought a new pc, problem is, I expected it to come with windows 10 home edition as usual, but it came with an unactivated version of windows 10 pro edition. I tried using the media creation tool but the option for windows 10 home edition didnt...
  9. can not activate win 10 home edition.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can not activate win 10 home edition.: Good day. I lost my pc during moving to other city, which windows 10 home edition is activated, got new one, I can not remember if it is upgraded to win 10 or I did clean install to new pc, tried to activate recent one with no luck, I tried to reach microsoft support on web...
  10. Downgrade from win pro to home edition

Downgrade from win pro to home edition: Hi. I got key for windows home edition, I took my pc to shop for repair but it is reformatted, they installed pro edition. Is it possible to downgrade to home edition ?. If yes how can I do this, if not what is solution ?. Please help. Thanks. 67557