Windows 10: Problem with Add to Dictionary- corrected words still being underlined

Discus and support Problem with Add to Dictionary- corrected words still being underlined in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When typing a document and a word gets underlined in red, half the time I see 'Add to Dictionary' greyed out. Even when it is working, the same word is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ashley K, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Ashley K Win User

Problem with Add to Dictionary- corrected words still being underlined

When typing a document and a word gets underlined in red, half the time I see 'Add to Dictionary' greyed out. Even when it is working, the same word is underlined in red when I go on to type a fresh document - and that occurs when I restart the PC, too. As you can imagine, this is driving me nuts.

:)

Ashley K, Feb 3, 2018
  2. [ Pete ] Win User

How Do I Add A Word to the Suggested Dictionary?

Simply type the word into a text message or email followed by a space or punctuation mark. The unknown word will appear with a red underline. Tap the word, and you will get the word appear in your suggestion bar with a '+' symbol to the left. Tap the word
    in the suggestion bar to add the word to your dictionary.

[ Pete ], Feb 3, 2018
  3. grob3 Win User
    Can't add words to dictionary using T9

I am trying to edit my son's name into the dictionary - "Tuyen" and have followed all the advice given so far. If I use the * option whilst the word is underlined, it accepts it; however when I tried to send a new message it is no longer an option in
    the dictionary. How do I add it as a word permanently?

grob3, Feb 3, 2018
  4. Problem with Add to Dictionary- corrected words still being underlined

FreeBooter, Feb 3, 2018
  5. Ashley K Win User
    CUSTOM.DIC is already ticked so that's not the problem.

Ashley K, Feb 3, 2018
  6. If you have the custom dictionary set to something other than All Languages then Word only lets you add words that are in the language you specified. In other words, if you set the language in step 6 to French, then you won't be able to add any words that are in English, German, Spanish, or some other language. You can always set up multiple custom dictionaries and make sure that each of them is configured to the different languages in which you are working.

FreeBooter, Feb 3, 2018
  7. Ashley K Win User
    It IS set to All Languages, so that's ok, right?

Ashley K, Feb 3, 2018
  8. Problem with Add to Dictionary- corrected words still being underlined

FreeBooter, Feb 3, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Problem with Add to Dictionary- corrected words still being underlined

1. Problem with Add to Dictionary- corrected words still being underlined - Similar Threads - Problem Add Dictionary

2. Autocorrect Dictionary - Word

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autocorrect Dictionary - Word: Does anyone know how to back up the auto correct dictionary in Word when using Office 365 with Windows 10 or how to print a copy of the auto correct dictionary entries? I used to be able to do this with Windows 7 but cannot figure out how in Windows 10....
  3. Correct words are being labeled as incorrect

Correct words are being labeled as incorrect: Hello, When working on documents in Office, apps on Windows 10, and even the new Edge browser, I've noticed some correct spelling of words are identified as being incorrect. Is there a fix? Thank you....
  4. Editing custom dictionary in Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Editing custom dictionary in Word: I have found how to edit 'custom.dic' and have removed some oddities that had crept in. However one problem (that I know of) remains. In MSWord, I type the correct word and when I hit return it changes to an incorrect spelling (that I must have entered by mistake at some...
  5. The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word.: The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word on my laptop. I have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-add-to-dictionary-function-wont-work-in-word/84b65411-ec15-4caa-b20d-6611a82ad64b
  6. Underlining in Word

Underlining in Word: How can I permanently set the underline colour in word, so every new document I create already has the underline colour set to a colour I have selected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/underlining-in-word/184bb8ec-d6ed-4703-b187-1cf9292b7a14
  7. Add, Delete, Prevent, and Edit Speech Dictionary Words in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add, Delete, Prevent, and Edit Speech Dictionary Words in Windows 10: How to: Add, Delete, Prevent, and Edit Speech Dictionary Words in Windows 10 How to Add, Delete, Prevent, and Edit Speech Recognition Dictionary Words in Windows 10 When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone,...
  8. Dictionary in Word?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Dictionary in Word?: Good evening all, I am using the latest edition of Word. I've managed to add the Thesarus icon onto the Quick Access bar but I can't do the same for a dictionary. I want to use the dictionary to learn the meaning of selected words, as opposed to adding words to the grammar...
  9. Double Underlined Words Pop Up Adds

in Windows 10 Support
    Double Underlined Words Pop Up Adds: Hello Almost every where I go on the net viewing text I see double underlined words and when the mouse cursor hits them an add pops up. It is annoying but I can avoid it by not touching them with the mouse. This just started recently and it's getting worse. I wonder if there...
  10. Add or Remove Words in Spell Checking Dictionary in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Words in Spell Checking Dictionary in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Words in Spell Checking Dictionary in Windows 10 Add or Remove Words in Spell Checking Dictionary in Windows 10 Windows 8 and 10 includes a spell checking feature for when you type words anywhere in Windows. Dictionary Files: The...