Windows 10: Problem with addresses within Outlook 2003 after Windows 10 install

Discus and support Problem with addresses within Outlook 2003 after Windows 10 install in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just installed Windows 10 this morning and all seemed ok (too good to be true?!) until I tried to forward an email to someone else. Normally you only... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JRB, May 18, 2016.

1. JRB
    JRB Win User

Problem with addresses within Outlook 2003 after Windows 10 install

Just installed Windows 10 this morning and all seemed ok (too good to be true?!) until I tried to forward an email to someone else. Normally you only have to type the first 2 or 3 characters of the email address you want to send to into the "To" box and the software automatically puts up a short list of possible addresses and you choose the one you want. Now when I put in the first 2 or 3 characters into the "To" box, the process freezes as if the software is searching endlessly. I can go to the address book and select the email address from there manually and it works fine.

Any ideas what's happening here and how to correct it please?

Thanks.
    Jeff

:)

2. Janav Win User

HTC TOUCH PHONE MISSING CONTACT PHONE NUMBERS

Hi,

I synchronized my Outlook 2003 Contact Address book with the phone. However, some contacts have 5-6 numbers in my Outlook 2003 Contact Address book but only some of these phone numbers transferred to the HTC Phone. I noticed the fieldsNames are a little
    different between the phone and Outlook. I was wondering since both applications are part of Microsoft, if there is a way to be able to make all phone numbers within a contact to transfer from Outlook Address Book to the phone?

Thanks in advance.

Jana

Janav, May 18, 2016
  3. Elrendhel Win User
    Axim X5 PPC 2003 Vista sync problem

Is there a reason you are not using the Outlook 2003 that comes with Office 2003?

I suspect that there might be a problem with your installation of Outlook 2000.

To address your main problem, in Outlook 2000, please go to Help > Detect & Repair, or a similarly named option. If your Outlook installation is not properly registered (may also be part of your problem), or if the data file is corrupt (which is the bigger
    problem I think you are suffering from), then you will need to fix the corruption problem first.

Then if you still have problems (preferably different problems), I would then uninstall Outlook 2000 and then install Outlook 2003 to see if that corrects any remaining problems...

Elrendhel, May 18, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Does your Outlook 2003 have a Repair option ?

In my 2007 version, I can go to Programs and Features > right click at Microsoft Office 2007 > click Change > click Repair.

davidhk, May 18, 2016
  5. JRB
    JRB Win User
    David - thanks for your rapid response. I hadn't tried that actually, so I just had a go. In Outlook 2003 under "Help" you can choose "Detect and Repair" which I suppose is closest to what you are referring to and I ran it. However sadly the problem is still there.

Jeff

6. davidhk Win User
    Try the Programs and Features route for repair. See if that makes any difference.

If no help, perhaps, uninstall > reinstall is in order ?

davidhk, May 18, 2016
  7. JRB
    JRB Win User
    Sorry to sound a bit stupid but where do I find Programs and features in Windows 10?

8. davidhk Win User

Type programs and features in the Cortana search box > Enter.

davidhk, May 18, 2016
  9. JRB
    JRB Win User
    OK tried but same result sadly. I don't want to reinstall as this may cause further unforeseen problems! Everything else seems to be working ok (though I haven't had time to check if every program is running as it should yet) so I think I'll leave it. It's more of an annoyance than a big problem. At least I can still receive and send emails after the Windows upgrade which is more than some folk are able to do it seems!

Thanks for your help.
    Best regards,
    Jeff

10. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, May 18, 2016
  11. RWOne Win User
    Outlook 2003 (Office 2003) is in general not supported on 10.

As to your issue, if you change the default editor within Outlook from Word back to Outlook, that should resolve the issue, but not a guarantee.

To change:

• Select Tools. | ...
    • Click on the Mail Format tab.
    • Change from word to Outlook.
    • Close the dialog.

RWOne, May 18, 2016
  12. JRB
    JRB Win User
    Just read the post from RWOne below and yours at the same time. Tried changing default editor as suggested by RWOne and it has done the trick. Hopefully everything else will continue to work as before!

13. JRB
    JRB Win User

RWOne - thanks - it worked! As I said to David hopefully everything else will continue to work as it did before!

Thanks.
    Best regards,
    Jeff

14. RWOne Win User
    You're welcome, glad to hear that worked for you.

Please re-mark the thread as solved for the gang, thanks.

RWOne, May 20, 2016
  15. JRB
    JRB Win User
    OK, thanks. Will do.
    Jeff

Thema:

1. Problem with addresses within Outlook 2003 after Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Problem addresses within

2. Outlook 2003

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2003: Hi, I use Outlook 2003 for my e-mail client and since I downloaded and installed the latest major update 20H2 - 19042.685 on Windows 10 Pro the password keeps dropping out and I am prompted to enter the password every time I open Outlook. Do Microsoft ever test these...
  3. Visio 2003 problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visio 2003 problem: Visio 2003 error 1605 after installing on my windows 10 desktop. It works OK on my laptop. Running MS Office 365 on both machines. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visio-2003-problem/48da4cbd-6805-414e-b5b8-e9671a844286
  4. Outlook 2003 transfer to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 2003 transfer to Windows 10: I cannot access Outlook 2003 which was on my Windows 7; now have upgraded to Windows 10 and can't even get it to pull up. Suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2003-transfer-to-windows-10/d52790cf-f6a7-49d1-aac6-66c3717bac5d
  5. Outlook Closes within 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook Closes within 10 seconds: Outlook opens,,, receives few mail items and then closes automatically without any error msg. This appeared to happen after a windows 10 update which happened yesterday or today (not sure). I ran office repair (simple option), ran outlook in safe mode... ,,, cold booted......
  6. Outlook 2003 - Problem after Upgrade/s

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2003 - Problem after Upgrade/s: Recently had two large upgrades take place. Now emails - after using link open my documents folder! To read post in IE11 I have to open browser and relevant url. What happened? How can I get back to where I was? Pity my period of win10 use has passed. Thank goodness I...
  7. Outlook 2003 will not send hyperlinks to IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2003 will not send hyperlinks to IE11: I made IE11 the default browser in Windows 10. When I go to Outlook 2003 and click on a link, it does not show up in IE11. When I go over to IE11, I am looking at the home page. If I x out that tab, I see the note that I clicked on in the screen area. It looks like it tried....
  8. Help please with Outlook 2003

in Browsers and Email
    Help please with Outlook 2003: When I create a signature in Outlook it is single line spaced but when I create a new email or insert a signature it is double line spaced and I cannot change it. Also, how can I create a signature including graphics? I have created an HTML file but the logo doesn't show...
  9. Outlook 2003

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2003: I run Office 2003 on my Windows 7 machine and use Outlook 2003 for my email. Is there a way I can use Outlook 2003 if I upgrade to Windows 10? This potential problem is the only reason I don't upgrade to the free Windows 10 upgrade. Thanks for any information. *Think 26964
  10. Win 10 and Outlook 2003 contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Win 10 and Outlook 2003 contacts: Since updating to Win 10, I have noticed when typing the first letter of a contacts name in an email, the name appears highlighted, however, when you push enter, the usual function of inserting the address no longer functions. Is there a fix for this? 103187

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 2003 issues with windows 10