Windows 10: PROBLEM WITH AN APPLICATION THAT USED TO WORK WELL ON WINDOWS 7 BUT NOT ON WINDOWS 10

Discus and support PROBLEM WITH AN APPLICATION THAT USED TO WORK WELL ON WINDOWS 7 BUT NOT ON WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I have a software called Honestech VHS to DVD 2.0 also known as USB 2.0 Video Grabber that allows you to transfer old VHS to your computer. Until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by massiniezcurra, Aug 2, 2020.

1. PROBLEM WITH AN APPLICATION THAT USED TO WORK WELL ON WINDOWS 7 BUT NOT ON WINDOWS 10

Hi. I have a software called Honestech VHS to DVD 2.0 also known as USB 2.0 Video Grabber that allows you to transfer old VHS to your computer. Until now, I used it perfectly well in a laptop computer with Windows 7. Since I switched to a brand new computer that comes with Windows 10, there is no image at all, though I get sound. I tried reinstalling the CD with the Video GRabber software, to no avail. I don't know, but maybe the problem lies on this: if you go to "devices", the computer recognizes the Video Grabber under AUDIO and not as "Other devices". Any clue on what to do to solve this problem? Many thanks

:)

massiniezcurra, Aug 2, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

I guess who still uses windows 7 has this problem, Microsoft is forcing people to upgrade to Windows 10

Knoxx29, Aug 2, 2020
  4. PROBLEM WITH AN APPLICATION THAT USED TO WORK WELL ON WINDOWS 7 BUT NOT ON WINDOWS 10

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

PROBLEM WITH AN APPLICATION THAT USED TO WORK WELL ON WINDOWS 7 BUT NOT ON WINDOWS 10

1. PROBLEM WITH AN APPLICATION THAT USED TO WORK WELL ON WINDOWS 7 BUT NOT ON WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - PROBLEM APPLICATION USED

2. when windows 7 is no longer used? and what about applications that only support windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when windows 7 is no longer used? and what about applications that only support windows 7?: when windows 7 is no longer used? and what about applications that only support windows 7?rintiksedu.id https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-windows-7-is-no-longer-used-and-what-about/0538f340-e505-4623-81bc-dc630d69c664
  3. Application Error Installing Windows 7 Application

Application Error Installing Windows 7 Application: I am trying to install an application called Encore Music notation software which is not being updated anymore by the company and such. After installing it with the exe file that I have saved and try to open it, it crashes. In event viewer, I see an application error followed...
  4. Windows Insider not working well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Insider not working well: My Windows Insider Programming is not working its just showing this screen, I am unable to change my channel or download preview builds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-not-working-well/46559fa4-c352-4f19-af15-e29aa4b41ce6
  5. Windows Insider not working well

Windows Insider not working well: My Windows Insider Programming is not working its just showing this screen, I am unable to change my channel or download preview builds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-not-working-well/46559fa4-c352-4f19-af15-e29aa4b41ce6
  6. windows is not working well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows is not working well: hi, i run an avast scan and i have recive this message that i have 577 broken registery items, is this possible to fix?, also some windows fuetures are not working like the file explorer, or control panel...
  7. windows is not working well

windows is not working well: hi, i run an avast scan and i have recive this message that i have 577 broken registery items, is this possible to fix?, also some windows fuetures are not working like the file explorer, or control panel...
  8. Windows 10 Restart and Audio Problems Stuttering as well

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Restart and Audio Problems Stuttering as well: My problems a bit complicated so I'm not expecting a solid answer, but I need help really bad Around last night, I was looking into my system configuration and went to the Boot tab. I went to the advanced options and looked that my number of processors was locked into 1. I...
  9. Application not working under Windows 10 (is working under Windows 7)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application not working under Windows 10 (is working under Windows 7): I use an application under both Windows 7 and Windows 10. The application can be started from a website (which uses Java WebStart - it uses a .JNLP file) or stand-alone. On Windows 7 both options are working, on Windows 10 only the stand-alone start is working. This is my...
  10. Windows 10 update didn't work out well and went back to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update didn't work out well and went back to Windows 7: I did a Windows 10 upgrade for my Windows 7 home premium laptop just yesterday, 2/10/19. I made sure I had image save points and backups ready. I've wasted 12 hrs of my time staring at the download screen without rest. The option I used was the one where it downloads directly...