Windows 10: Problem with appliing Registry GPO's for Windows 10 PC's

Discus and support Problem with appliing Registry GPO's for Windows 10 PC's in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some of my GPO rules stopped working and I do not know why. I tried to google solution but without success. I have some Workstations/PCs with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michal B, May 21, 2020.

1. Michal B Win User

Problem with appliing Registry GPO's for Windows 10 PC's

Some of my GPO rules stopped working and I do not know why. I tried to google solution but without success.
    I have some Workstations/PCs with Windows 10 in one subdomain and I need to manage them via this registry rules.

The problem is, that the my GPO rules are updating some items in registry in HKCU tree and it doesn't want to create items in HKCU.

But it looks, that the GPO's with registry items for HKLM tree still working. I made a little test. I created a GPO with new registry item forHKLM tree in registry, this one was created.

This is list of some HKCU registry items in which I need to create:
    Problem with appliing Registry GPO's for Windows 10 PC's 7f23367f-2142-4884-8068-d81c7c80dda6?upload=true.png
    For sure I made same config for "User Configuration" and also "Computer Configuration" I know, it's not necessary.

Description for each registry item:

• Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MultitaskingView\AllUpView\Enabled=0 - Remove Task View Button from Context Menu and Taskbar
    • EnableDesktopModeAutoInvoke - Turn On Automatically Show Touch Keyboard when No Keyboard Attached.
    • HidePeopleBar - Disable People Bar on Taskbar.
    • ShowTaskViewButton - Hide Task View Button on Taskbar.
    • TaskbarGlomLevel - Never Combine Taskbar Buttons Change Buttons on Main Taskbar.
    • MMTaskbarGlomLevel - Never Combine Taskbar Buttons Change Buttons on Other Taskbars.
    • TipbandDesiredVisibility - Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar.

On the Workstation I made "gpupdate /force /sync".

After reboot I made "gpresult /h c:\result.html" and there I found info, that the my GPO Win_StartMenu_and_TaskBar was applied. But, I expanded all records in result.html and there was no other info about what from my GPO was applied.
    Problem with appliing Registry GPO's for Windows 10 PC's 533eef8d-fe8d-4d67-8dde-99b19dd55bf1?upload=true.png

For sure I opened Regedit.exe on Workstation and there was nothing changed.

I made screen of some non changed registry items:

Problem with appliing Registry GPO's for Windows 10 PC's 85032466-db44-4789-a8e1-a0dcb4d05459?upload=true.png

I tested it one two different PC's with same HW and SW.

Workstations and GPO rule are in the same OU. Workstaion user has a right to read GPO.

Problem with appliing Registry GPO's for Windows 10 PC's c50eda56-d517-4c1e-874b-e6ac08776c6d?upload=true.png

Please, have someone idea how fix this problem with apply change in HKCU Registry via GPO?

:)

Michal B, May 21, 2020
  2. South Win User

Windows 10 GPO problem on 2012 DC- GPO Not Applying

I have a problem where I am pulling a GPO from a Windows 12 DC and it is not applying on the PC.

If I run GPResults the correct GPO from the DC looks as if it is pulling.
    If I run Auditpol.exe /get /category I can see that nothing has applied as all of the audit settings come up as not configured.
    I've verified in the registry that this is the Only GPO talking to this PC and it has the correct GPO ID
    Has anyone had this problem where they have RSOP and GPResults saying that everything is ok but in reality nothing is being applied?

South, May 21, 2020
  3. Kelemvor Win User
    GPO for Automatic Updates doesn't seem to be applying

Howdy,

I'm trying to create a GPO to point our Windows 10 machines to our WSUS server and then use Automatic Download and Install during a maintenance schedule.

• I've gone under Automatic Maintenance Activation Boundary and set that to 13:00 (1PM) for testing.
    • I've gone under Maintenance Random Delay and set that to 1 hour

• I've gone under Config Automatic Updates and set it to 4 (download and install). I also set day to Saturday and time to 13:00 (1PM) but I don't know how this affects the Maintenance Boundary up above...
    • I've gone under Specify Intranet Site and put in our WSUS server.

Anyway, I then ran a GPUpdate on my laptop which worked and gpresult says it applied the setting. However, when I go under All Settings | Update & security and then click Advance Options, it still shows "Never check for updates" which is what our normal GPO for everyone else uses. I put my machine in a sub-OU and assigned the test GPO to that sub folder. The main WSUS GPO is not Enforced and the test GPO is Enforced.

Should that dropdown change to reflect the current settings? Is there some other way to tell if the settings are applied correctly? I don't want to click "Check for Updates" because that usually checks and installs which is NOT what I want to do. I want to test the automatic install portion but can't tell if the right settings are in place or not.

I hope that all makes sense. Let me know if I can provide any other information.

Thanks!

Kelemvor, May 21, 2020
  4. Problem with appliing Registry GPO's for Windows 10 PC's

Windows server 2012R2 GPO failed to apply on windows 10 creators update clients

I have a PDC windows server 2012R2 and BDC 2012R2, GPO is configured in BDC.

I have the below GPO's configured.

->By default, my company intranet page is the default page in internet explorer.

->Lock screen

These are not getting applied on the windows 10 clients where as the remaining clients like windows 7, windows 8.1 are able get these GPO settings.

GPResult command shows that the settings are applied but actually they are not.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Harish Reddy, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Problem with appliing Registry GPO's for Windows 10 PC's

1. Problem with appliing Registry GPO's for Windows 10 PC's - Similar Threads - Problem appliing Registry

2. Security Center, GPO is not applying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  3. Security Center, GPO is not applying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  4. Windows 11 GPO is not applied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 GPO is not applied: Hello We have GPO applied on our computers, and we have one computer that is windows 11, and the GPO is not applying to this computer same as the others,Can you advise what can I do?the setting I'm trying to set is in the picture...
  5. Windows 11 GPO is not applied

Windows 11 GPO is not applied: Hello We have GPO applied on our computers, and we have one computer that is windows 11, and the GPO is not applying to this computer same as the others,Can you advise what can I do?the setting I'm trying to set is in the picture...
  6. Other GPO is applied on two users what shouldn't be applied

Other GPO is applied on two users what shouldn't be applied: Our terminal server GPO is effecting 2 users who work locally. Does somebody knows why this is happening?This happened if they log in on every workstation....
  7. Apply Color Management via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apply Color Management via GPO: Does anyone know if it's possible to set the Device Profile for Color Management via GPO/ADMX/WEM?Thanks Ste https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apply-color-management-via-gpo/5014040f-fc6e-457e-bd31-264d69dae829
  8. Apply Color Management via GPO

Apply Color Management via GPO: Does anyone know if it's possible to set the Device Profile for Color Management via GPO/ADMX/WEM?Thanks Ste https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apply-color-management-via-gpo/5014040f-fc6e-457e-bd31-264d69dae829
  9. GPO not applying to Windows 10 Clients

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GPO not applying to Windows 10 Clients: Hi there, I have Windows Server 2019 standard installed and the GPO is not applying to the windows 10 clients clients. I have ran gpresult/r on one of the affected PC's and get the below results; RSOP data for domain\user on OFFICE4-NEW : Logging Mode...
  10. Windows 10 GPO problem on 2012 DC- GPO Not Applying

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 GPO problem on 2012 DC- GPO Not Applying: I have a problem where I am pulling a GPO from a Windows 12 DC and it is not applying on the PC. If I run GPResults the correct GPO from the DC looks as if it is pulling. If I run Auditpol.exe /get /category I can see that nothing has applied as all of the audit settings...