Windows 10: Problem with appresolver.dll file Bad Images and Entry Point Not Found

Discus and support Problem with appresolver.dll file Bad Images and Entry Point Not Found in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, After my computer updated to the newest windows 10 update there's been something weird going on with my computer. I have been getting pop-ups... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by llwarma, Jan 15, 2021.

1. llwarma Win User

Problem with appresolver.dll file Bad Images and Entry Point Not Found

Hi,

After my computer updated to the newest windows 10 update there's been something weird going on with my computer. I have been getting pop-ups occasionally, first alerting me that there was a "Bad Image Problem" full description below and then it started informing me that "Entry Point Not Found" full description below.

Bad Image Problem Example:

PackagedCWALauncher.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\System32\apppresolver.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or software vendor for support.

Error status 0xc000012f

Entry Point Not Found Example:

powershell.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point_CxxFrameHandler4 could not be located in the dynamic library

C:\Windows\System32\appresolver.dll.

I've tried countless methods on the web hoping to fix the problem but they all don't work. First, I tried to do it manually, I deleted the old appresolver.dll file with one I found on the web like the youtube video recommended me to do. I saw many people say it worked for them, unfortunately it didn't work for me. Then I tried the sfc on the command prompt admin, the result of that was it scanned it but there were some files that remained corrupt. Furthermore, I've also tried dism on the command prompt admin, but it told me couldn't detect "clean-up" part of it. Finally, I wanted to restore the windows version I was on before the update, however, I couldn't because settings would open, the taskbar icons were unresponsive - none of the short keys were working as well.

Knowing that, I shifted my focus to fixing the unresponsive taskbar so I could open settings. I followed the tutorial of opening the taskbar>find windows explorer>right-click to restart windows explorer. That process didn't work for me, though there was another option which was to open a new file on the taskbar>search powershell. However that didn't work for me either as there was a popup about "powershell.exe - Entry Point Not Found.

Overall the whole situation has been frustrating for me, I would be extremely grateful if someone help me fix it.

Thank you.

:)

llwarma, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Camera Win User

Bad Image Errors - dll files changing to 0 bytes

Hi
    Have an unusual problem (to me anyway)

Last week I got "Bad Image" errors with Adobe Lightroom (the program had worked OK previously). Two .dll files were listed as corrupt and in Explorer both were shown has having 0 bytes size. Re-installation resolved the problem.
    Today I have had the same "bad image" error with another program. Techsmith SnagIt. Once again it was .dll files and they show in explorer as 0 bytes. The timestamp on the 0 byte dlls is the time of the error i.e. today (not when the files were installed).

What I've done so far :
    Ran McAfee viruscan across all disks - no problems reported.
    Ran Malwarebytes - no problems reported

Went to the properties for the disk drive and under "Tools" ran error check - nothing found
    The disk is an SSD so I went to Samsung Magician which shows drive condition as good and S.M.A.R.T. shows wear levelling count at Current Value 99. I do not use Rapid Mode.

The problems are happening on a Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

Any suggestions welcome

Dave

Camera, Jan 15, 2021
  3. MarcusAls Win User
    Entry Point Not Found AVIFIL32.dll

When I try and start a game on my PC I get this error message:

csgo.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point WideChaòToMultiByte could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AVIFIL32.dll.

I've tried everything that is game-related and i'm wondering if it has something to do with corrupt windows files.

Problem with appresolver.dll file Bad Images and Entry Point Not Found 21a801ca-592a-489e-8eb1-508d5432d12d.png

MarcusAls, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Problem with appresolver.dll file Bad Images and Entry Point Not Found

Bad Image - PresentationNative_v0400.dll corrupt

Hello Andy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

The Error Status 0xc0000020 error may be caused by Windows system files damage.

There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors.

• An incomplete installation or an incomplete uninstall.
    • Improper deletion of applications or hardware.
    • Computer has recovered from a virus or adware/spyware attack.
    • An improper shutdown of the computer.

All the above actives may result in the deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows system files.

Now, please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

I suggest you to deploy the System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Problem with appresolver.dll file Bad Images and Entry Point Not Found

1. Problem with appresolver.dll file Bad Images and Entry Point Not Found - Similar Threads - Problem appresolver dll

2. The procedure entry point "av_buffer_create" was not found in the DLL...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The procedure entry point "av_buffer_create" was not found in the DLL...: HI Guys, I need some help.I can't install TIDAL on Windows 10 64bit desktop. I get the error:The procedure entry point "av_buffer_create" was not found in the DLL "C:\Users\\Wolfgang\AppData\Local\TIDAL\app-2.34.2\TIDAL.exe".Any idea how to fix this?...
  3. The procedure entry point "av_buffer_create" was not found in the DLL...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The procedure entry point "av_buffer_create" was not found in the DLL...: HI Guys, I need some help.I can't install TIDAL on Windows 10 64bit desktop. I get the error:The procedure entry point "av_buffer_create" was not found in the DLL "C:\Users\\Wolfgang\AppData\Local\TIDAL\app-2.34.2\TIDAL.exe".Any idea how to fix this?...
  4. The procedure entry point "av_buffer_create" was not found in the DLL...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entry Point Not Found: I'm not very smart when it comes to anything pc related I keep getting this pop up on my screen when I turn on or restart my pc ' OneDrive.exe - Entry Point Not found. The procedure entry point Sspilocalfree could not be located in the dynamic link library' may I have help to...
  6. Entry point not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Entry point not Found: my pc is HP and having some error. It's said * Entry point not found * how could I fix it?It's showing when I open games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entry-point-not-found/05efe19f-44ba-4086-9ab8-95fcc840870e
  7. Entry Point not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entry Point not found: Hi all, I recently downloaded a game from the internet, and I am having some issues. Firstly, it said it was missing the binkw32.dll . I downloaded that .dll followed the instructions on the website for where to place it. Having placed it there, I am now getting the error...
  8. Entry point not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Entry point not found: After installing windows 10 I began to get "Entry Point Not Found" error messages when trying to open some programs. Specifically "The procedure entry point _crtCreateSymbolisLinkW could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll" I ran the...
  9. Entry Point NOt found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Entry Point NOt found: i need help with this i tried to install a game and when i try to start it, this shows up. no matter how many times i press OK it just pops out until i close it via Task Manager [ATTACH]...
  10. ''Entry point not found'' ''System32/KERNEL32.DLL.''

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ''Entry point not found'' ''System32/KERNEL32.DLL.'': I recently bought a fresh version of Windows 10 because of frequent crashes, and everything was working great compared to before until now. I was playing a game (Overwatch) and after 2 hours it crashed. This time the blue screen did actually manage to fix the problem and...