Windows 10: Problem with Apps and Folder/File Permissions

Discus and support Problem with Apps and Folder/File Permissions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I have a problem very likely caused by wrong file permissions on Windows 10. This is about digital audio workstations DAW. The DAW application loads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by günther64, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Problem with Apps and Folder/File Permissions

Hi,I have a problem very likely caused by wrong file permissions on Windows 10. This is about digital audio workstations DAW. The DAW application loads musical instruments called VST plugins. The VST plugins load presets aka patches or soundbanks of various musical instruments it provides.Problem description:When loading presets of a particular VST plugin in my VST host, some presets don't get loaded correctly. It looks like sound sources think of WAV files needed in those presets don't get loaded. They are probably blocked from loading due to insufficient permissions.Setup:OS: Windows 1

:)

günther64, Jun 10, 2024

2. How to edit permission of folders in vista

In vista if some software try to copy files or folders to original directory then installation fails or programms cant run due to permission.
    i want to edit permissions of folder ..but cant select any option..
    rightclick on any folder- properties-security-edit-select writre..but i'm unable to edit it.

that's y i'm unable to run some application
    even i'm not able to run emule.

plz solve my problem.

freebird_9924, Jun 10, 2024
  3. Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 10, 2024
  4. Problem with Apps and Folder/File Permissions

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jun 10, 2024
Thema:

Problem with Apps and Folder/File Permissions

1. Problem with Apps and Folder/File Permissions - Similar Threads - Problem Apps Folder

2. Problem with Apps and Folder/File Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Apps and Folder/File Permissions: Hi,I have a problem very likely caused by wrong file permissions on Windows 10. This is about digital audio workstations DAW. The DAW application loads musical instruments called VST plugins. The VST plugins load presets aka patches or soundbanks of various musical...
  3. Problem with Apps and Folder/File Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Apps and Folder/File Permissions: Hi,I have a problem very likely caused by wrong file permissions on Windows 10. This is about digital audio workstations DAW. The DAW application loads musical instruments called VST plugins. The VST plugins load presets aka patches or soundbanks of various musical...
  4. File & Folder permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File & Folder permissions: I have downloaded a game Forza Horizons from the Microsoft store. while trying to find the location of the exe to add to my Dragon Centre app i have unintentionally moved the exe to my desktop. when trying to move it back to the original location it gives me an error...
  5. Permissions on Apps and Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permissions on Apps and Folders: Hi i recently got my xbox game pass , and i must say im really enjoying it , until I decided to try a new game in this case Dirt Rally 2 and to realize I cant Open it , this is all i get, i cant do much , can't change permissions nor give new ones , don't know if its relevant...
  6. Problem setting/over-riding file/folder permissions

Problem setting/over-riding file/folder permissions: I have a problem with a program that routinely copies files from one network drive to another. After much work, it appears the problem is due to file permissions that prevent the copy. All files are my own and I need a way of forcing permissions on all files as a means of...
  7. File/Folder permissions preventing app launch?

File/Folder permissions preventing app launch?: In trying to start Adobe After Effects, "After Effects can’t continue: Standard 3D module is missing." appears after "Cleaning Up" disappears from the splash screen. After clicking Ok on the error, the splash screen goes away and I get this dialog box: "After Effects can't...
  8. File and Folder Permission Problem in Windows 10 v1809

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File and Folder Permission Problem in Windows 10 v1809: There appears to be a serious bug in Windows 10 v1809. To reproduce the symptom, try this using default Windows GUI tools: 1. Create an arbitrary file, named "TEST" for example. 2. Remove file permission inheritance from TEST. ("Disable Inheritance", choose to copy...
  9. Shared folder permission problem

Shared folder permission problem: I have 3 PCs on my Windows 10 home network (2 wired desktops running Win10 Pro and a wireless laptop running Win10 Home). All are on the same Workgroup, and I log into all of them with the same Microsoft account, verified on all machines. I have shared some folders on PC...
  10. Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder: I come from windows 7 and i have not problem to copy delete etc. files on programs. Now every time i search to change file o delete or copy a windows appear ask me a permission... There is a way to disable this warning or ahve full acces to programs ? Thank Hispa 11933