Windows 10: Problem with apps and folders in start

Discus and support Problem with apps and folders in start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently refreshed my PC and saw that there was an issue with the start screen The apps that I had earlier are still appearing on my list I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kushagra Lamba, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Problem with apps and folders in start

I recently refreshed my PC and saw that there was an issue with the start screen
    The apps that I had earlier are still appearing on my list
    I tried right-clicking and removing from start but that didn't have an option of removing them from the list
    So how to remove these?
    Here these screenshot might give you a clearer view of my problem

Problem with apps and folders in start 80d0d30f-372b-4a1a-9723-3e1a1345f545?upload=true.png Problem with apps and folders in start b16094ad-f530-48fc-bf45-a647c74bf736?upload=true.png

:)

Kushagra Lamba, Jun 21, 2020
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Split Steam app folder between 2 HDD?

As the title suggests I want to find out if there's a way I can split my steam app folder on to 2 drives, specifically an SSD that I will be putting my OS and most used games and apps and a regular HDD for everything else?

NdMk2o1o, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Problem with apps and folders in start

Displaying Folder structure in the start menu All Apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To make sure I understand correctly, are you referring to expanding a folder in the start menu to view the extended folders?

If so, I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

1. After clicking "app apps", locate the folder from the list.

2. Check if you see a small arrow like icon pointing downward near the folder.

3. If so, click on it. This will expand all the folders and items included in that particular folder.

Let us know if this helps.

We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Problem with apps and folders in start

1. Problem with apps and folders in start - Similar Threads - Problem apps folders

2. Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders: New computer, first time using Windows 11 Pro. I want to know how to add apps from the Start Menu to folders on the desktop. Example: I've downloaded several games and photo editing programs. I don't want to scroll through all apps in the Start Menu to find them. I want to...
  3. Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders: New computer, first time using Windows 11 Pro. I want to know how to add apps from the Start Menu to folders on the desktop. Example: I've downloaded several games and photo editing programs. I don't want to scroll through all apps in the Start Menu to find them. I want to...
  4. Problem with start-up apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with start-up apps: Recently and for seemingly no reason many of my apps have not been launching on startup and have disappeared from the startup page in task manager. Some of these include discord, steam and ghub. A few apps are still there but many are not. Does anyone know why this would be...
  5. Start Menu- Move Apps out of Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu- Move Apps out of Folders: I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo S340 laptop with Microsoft software. In my start menu I have some apps contained in folders. I want to move some of these apps out of the folders so they can be stand alone apps and then to able to delete the folders if I choose. Can someone...
  6. Problems with Photos app in Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with Photos app in Pictures folder: The first problem is, w hen I try to open a file in This PC > Pictures, I get this error message [ATTACH] The error does not occur if I go to Owner > Pictures instead of This PC > Pictures, or if I am already in This PC > Pictures and I click on the folder again, then open...
  7. Start weather app. Foreca problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start weather app. Foreca problems: On my Start page it uses Foreca and I have changed it to my location several times and saved it. but everytime Start opens it has the old weather location! Why will it not keep my location for my weather??...
  8. solitaire start app problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    solitaire start app problem: Hello this is my first post all my start alps work right except solitaire collection most of the time when i click it it tries to open and then it fades away sometimes i click it and it opens up and i play the game ,and then some times i try several times before it will open...
  9. Problem pinning apps to the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem pinning apps to the start menu: I posted this on the MS support forum . Can't pin programs to the Start Menu in Windows 10, unless they are present in the "All apps" menu. Neither by drag & drop, nor by right-clicking and selecting "Pin To Start". Received this reply.. wonderded if it was a known...
  10. Problem renaming a Start Menu folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem renaming a Start Menu folder: I have just moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (64-bit). For me there is a significant learning curve, and I need help with one issue that I have been unable to resolve. I tried to rename the following folder: C:\Users\All users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Wacom...