Windows 10: problem with apps open in window 10 when task bar is at top

Discus and support problem with apps open in window 10 when task bar is at top in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Most users will leave their Task bar at bottom in Window 10. But some user like to put it at top. But most apps does not aware of that and keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mr_Chan, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Mr_Chan Win User

problem with apps open in window 10 when task bar is at top

Most users will leave their Task bar at bottom in Window 10.

But some user like to put it at top. But most apps does not aware of that and keep putting the top at 0 and are covered by this task bar. What kind of workarounds there will be to move the apps below this top task bar?

1. keyboard shortcut to move the apps to other position the title bar of the apps is always not visible

2. command or utility to auto put all apps /windows below the top task bar

:)

Mr_Chan, Mar 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Mar 23, 2020
  3. lx07 Win User
    Taskbar at top of screen - Some apps' title-bars open UNDERNEATH

I only get it with apps that were previously using the space the taskbar was going to use before it was moved to the top. For example with HWMonitor put it to the top of screen when task bar is at bottom:

problem with apps open in window 10 when task bar is at top [​IMG]

Close app and then move taskbar to top

Open HWMonitor and it remembers its old position (the top is hidden under the taskbar)

Resize (here I just made it narrower) and the top jumps so it is no longer under the taskbar and will not go under it again.

So perhaps moving the taskbar like you are is perpetuating the problem.

Try making your app not full screen and in the middle of the screen. Close it then move taskbar to top. Then open your app again.

Interestingly the taskbar properties box goes over the taskbar if taskbar is at the top and under it if the taskbar is at the bottom but that is another story...

4. problem with apps open in window 10 when task bar is at top

task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

problem with apps open in window 10 when task bar is at top

1. problem with apps open in window 10 when task bar is at top - Similar Threads - problem apps open

2. Windows 11 Top Task bar Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Top Task bar Problem: Hi everyone, I have had a problem with my task bar in Windows 11 ever since I moved it to the top. I have two problems. First is the Wi-Fi logo, and the application in the taskbar won't pop out when I hover my mouse. If I click on the Wi-Fi button from the task bar, it pops...
  3. Windows 11 Top Task bar Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Top Task bar Problem: Hi everyone, I have had a problem with my task bar in Windows 11 ever since I moved it to the top. I have two problems. First is the Wi-Fi logo, and the application in the taskbar won't pop out when I hover my mouse. If I click on the Wi-Fi button from the task bar, it pops...
  4. Problem with opening windows in the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with opening windows in the task bar: Well, since I got Windows 11 I got this problem, everytime i press Windows key, and I open some window in my task bar, it opens for 1 frame, and then it gets minimized, the only way to actually open that window, is through alt + tab or windows + tab.I'd like to know what I...
  5. Problem with opening windows in the task bar

Problem with opening windows in the task bar: Well, since I got Windows 11 I got this problem, everytime i press Windows key, and I open some window in my task bar, it opens for 1 frame, and then it gets minimized, the only way to actually open that window, is through alt + tab or windows + tab.I'd like to know what I...
  6. Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked...: I have three monitors and have set the task bar to appear on all three monitors. I want to set the task bar up so that if I click on a shortcut saved in the task bar on a certain monitor that the app will open on the monitor that I clicked the task bar... Not on where the app...
  7. Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked...

Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked...: I have three monitors and have set the task bar to appear on all three monitors. I want to set the task bar up so that if I click on a shortcut saved in the task bar on a certain monitor that the app will open on the monitor that I clicked the task bar... Not on where the app...
  8. Task bar on top ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar on top ?: I have used rigit to put task bar on top , it was working fine .and when system got updates 45 days ago the task bar again came to bottom . Now i tried again rigit but its not happening Can any one please healp me in this to put taskbar on top because i like to use take bar...
  9. Task bar on top ?

Task bar on top ?: I have used rigit to put task bar on top , it was working fine .and when system got updates 45 days ago the task bar again came to bottom . Now i tried again rigit but its not happening Can any one please healp me in this to put taskbar on top because i like to use take bar...
  10. App windows top bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    App windows top bar: [IMG]why is this happening on the top of my apps? Not all of them but many . It's like the font is too big and not resizing. I don't have the magnifier on , I hadn't changed anything....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows open underneath the taskbar at top