Windows 10: Problem with archiving emails

Discus and support Problem with archiving emails in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want toarchive emails from gmail address and try to use mailstore home version.12. However, I will get ssl error, and mailstore requires to switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wendy Steen, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Problem with archiving emails

I want toarchive emails from gmail address and try to use mailstore home version.12. However, I will get ssl error, and mailstore requires to switch off content filtering. I use Windows 10 and am running AVG

:)

Wendy Steen, Jun 20, 2019

2. Unable To Archive Emails From Gmail Using MailStore.

Hi Pedromidlands,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Archiving Email to achieve emails.

You may also check the settings for your Gmail Account by going to
    Use IMAP to check Gmail on other email clients
    and try archiving emails from Gmail.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I would suggest you to post your query in
    MailStore Home Community and they will help you fix this issue.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Archive email from Microsoft email account (in Windows Phone 10 Outlook (and elsewhere))

I have a Lumia 640 running Windows 10. The built in Outlook app has a useful 'swipe to archive' feature which lets me clear messages out my inbox without deleting them. I have a linked inbox combining email from multiple accounts.

For emails from my gmail account, this works perfectly. However, for emails from my microsoft account (live.com), swiping deletes instead. The same action, in the same app, gives different results!

Looking in 'settings' > 'quick actions', I get the message 'the following accounts do not allow you to archive...' and it lists my microsoft account.

Archiving in this sense may have been a gmail invention. Archiving in the microsoft world usually means client side archiving (i.e. moving messages in outlook desktop to a new storage file). But the fact that it is natively supported (and the default swipe
    action) in windows phone suggests microsoft support it too. Can Microsoft email accounts do this? Have I set up my phone wrong?

fredsmith999, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Problem with archiving emails

Where do Gmail archived emails go?

I am aware others have asked similar questions, but I'm still unclear exactly what the answer is.

I am using the Windows 10 email client, and have two inboxes coming into it. Microsoft lists them as two separate inboxes, an Outlook Hotmail one, and Gmail. They are not joined.

Most of my emails are from Gmail. When an email comes in and the little box pops up on the right hand bottom corner of the screen, one of the options is 'archive'. When I click that, the email disappears - somewhere. Who knows where. A search of file manager
    hasn't turned up anything that looks likely, and from other answers on this site it appears Microsoft is in no hurry to provide an archive folder for Gmail accounts. I can see the Archive folder in the other part of the email client, but it says that folder
    is empty.

1. Does anybody know where the emails go to when I select the Archive option for a Gmail that comes into the in box?

2. If I joined the Hotmail and Gmail inboxes together, does anybody know if the Gmail emails would actually archive into the only available Archive folder?

thanks

LeanneMete, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Problem with archiving emails

1. Problem with archiving emails - Similar Threads - Problem archiving emails

2. Unable to archive emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to archive emails: Hello, I am unable to archive emails in Mail for Windows 10 app. When I click on archive, it automatically disappears from archived emails within a minute. I am unable to recover those emails. Is there a solution?...
  3. trying to find location of an archived email -

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trying to find location of an archived email -: trying to find location of an archived email - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-find-location-of-an-archived-email/55a71885-aa6e-4cf1-b09b-b553f9c1f1de
  4. Powershell Expand-archive problem.

Powershell Expand-archive problem.: I have a line as below in my script. Expand-Archive .\PR.zip -DestinationPath .\ But it gives an error as below and does not do expand archive. === calling ".ctor" with "3" argument(s): "End of Central Directory record could not be found." At...
  5. Where does Windows Mail store archived emails?

Where does Windows Mail store archived emails?: Hi! I tried to use Windows Mail to download and archive some old emails, so I logged in to my email through Windows Mail. I chose a bunch of emails and clicked "archive". To my mild horror the emails disappeared both from the server and from Windows mail. Then I found the...
  6. Unable To Archive Emails From Gmail Using MailStore.

Unable To Archive Emails From Gmail Using MailStore.: Hi, I'm trying to archive emails from gmail using mailstore home version.12 It keeps on coming up with ssl error, mailstore said to switch off content filtering pls assist on how. ive got windows 10 and am running avg thanks pedro ***Moved From: Windows 10/Security &...
  7. Permanently archiving important emails in Windows 10

Permanently archiving important emails in Windows 10: How can I permanently archive emails in the Windows 10 mail app? Even if saved in folders, they are deleted after 3 months, and I can't find the settings to change this. The only way I can permanently save important emails is to copy & paste them into Word, a long &...
  8. Permanently archiving important emails in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently archiving important emails in Windows 10: How can I permanently archive emails in the Windows 10 mail app? Even if saved in folders, they are deleted after 3 months, and I can't find the settings to change this. The only way I can permanently save important emails is to copy & paste them into Word, a long &...
  9. Problem archiving in Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem archiving in Office 365: I have been getting error messages when archiving. I have several folders with subfolders. I am getting a error message that I do not understand. The message is: The destination folder (Archive folder) contains items of a different type than the source folder. Verify both the...
  10. archive

in Browsers and Email
    archive: *cry Please help an old man, i have G-MAIL how do i put my mail to archive, i have been dragging and drop to put in my folders but when i go to them the folder is there but nothing inside , i was told the best thing is archive them , I have an archive icon on my hotmail mail...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gmail windows mail not archiving

2. problem wiht archiving