Windows 10: Problem with Audio. Any Suggestions?

Discus and support Problem with Audio. Any Suggestions? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just built a computer, and I'm having a small annoying issue. Build ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.70 GHz 4 GB Corsair XMS3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lmaneke, Dec 17, 2016.

1. lmaneke Win User

Problem with Audio. Any Suggestions?

Hi,

I just built a computer, and I'm having a small annoying issue.

Build

ASUS M5A97 R2.0
    AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.70 GHz
    4 GB Corsair XMS3 1333 mhz DDR3
    250 GB HDD
    Geforce GT 630
    Deep Cool Tesserect BF Case
    450 W power supply.

I had this system in an older case at first, that didnt have fron HD Audio, or USB 3.0, yet in that case, the computer had no issues.

I moved the system to the Deep Cool Tesserect BF Case, and now i have this annoying issue. I tested the front HD Audio and USB 3.0 Port, no issues.

The issue is with the Audio, and the HDD is giving some strange behavior. I was playing Candy Crush Saga, and the HDD shot up to 100% usage, the game shuts down, and then I started hearing a popping sound coming from the speakers. Now everytime I restart the computer, The Hard drive stays at 100% for about 10 minutes, stuck on a "Local System" process that deals with devices, or something of that sort.

Also, after transfer of parts, the power supply had thrown a spark while i was plugging it back in, so i dont know if that has something to do with it.

The pop coming from the speaker is about 5 minutes apart.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

lmaneke, Dec 17, 2016

2. Speaker problems after Windows 10 update

I recently updated to Windows 10 with USB.

After the upgrade my audio crackled then quit altogether.

My drivers are good according to OS.

I do not know what to do besides throw computer in trash.

Any ideas? HP Pavilion dx4 laptop.

Fustrated with audio, Dec 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Dec 17, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Take a look at wiring inside and see if everything is right and there's good ground between MB and case. Change place of HDD where it plugs into MB and maybe it's data cable.
    Run a test program from HDD's manufacturer and checkdisk to ensure it's proper operation. Bad blocks or sectors can produce 100% HDD use.
    A small spark when PSU is plugged in but it's switch at the back is not turned off or it doesn't exist is quite normal, the primary circuit in the PSU is getting charged, that's all. It needs to provide 5v, 2A to MB so it can be turned on.

CountMike, Dec 17, 2016
  5. lmaneke Win User
    Thanks for the input. I'll give it a try and get back with you.

lmaneke, Dec 17, 2016
  6. lmaneke Win User
    CountMike

I have fixed the problem. I did not have the motherboard securely into the case as the screws were not tight enough to hold the motherboard in place. I have reseated all of the wires as well, and the problem has gone away.

Thanks for your help.

lmaneke, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with Audio. Any Suggestions? - Similar Threads - Problem Audio Suggestions

2. I need help with wifi problems any suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with wifi problems any suggestions: wifi lag latencv so bad* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-wifi-problems-any-suggestions/4f6a8f74-221c-43d8-9391-b0879b5b1e36
  3. I need help with wifi problems any suggestions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with wifi problems any suggestions: wifi lag latencv so bad* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-wifi-problems-any-suggestions/4f6a8f74-221c-43d8-9391-b0879b5b1e36
  4. Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any suggestions?: Can't accept the agreement when trying to download vscode. The I accept button doesn't seem to work. I've tried several times to re-run it and always the same result. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-suggestions/026bf5e4-9c33-436c-a812-931dd041c1a0
  5. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?: Can't accept the agreement when trying to download vscode. The I accept button doesn't seem to work. I've tried several times to re-run it and always the same result. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-suggestions/026bf5e4-9c33-436c-a812-931dd041c1a0
  6. LiveKernelEvent141, any suggestions?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LiveKernelEvent141, any suggestions?: Any advice really would be appreciated. Windows Reliability Monitor: https://imgur.com/a/CtVOd44 Back in September I built a PC, the specs are as follows: i7 8700K RTX 2080ti with a Phanteks Riser Cable Toshiba 1TB m.2 SSD Western Digital 1TB m.2 SSD added recently...
  7. Suggestion for audio troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suggestion for audio troubleshooter: Recently I had a problem with the audio output on my computer, and the troubleshooter couldn't solve it. It suggested that I reinstall the Realtek driver, which seemed to work for a short period sometimes, but then the problem returned. I seem to have found a better fix:...
  8. Sluggish laptop -- any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish laptop -- any suggestions?: I have a year-old HP Spectre x360 laptop, 15-ch0xx. It has an Intel i7-8705g 3.10GHz CPU and 16GB RAM. Win10 Version 1903, build 18362.418. So it's a reasonably capable system -- and yet it is often/usually very sluggish. Hit the Windows key and it sometimes takes 5 seconds...
  9. any suggestion for .pdf

any suggestion for .pdf: Not only .pdf file can show next message: File is corrupt or damaged. I used Adobe Acrobat 8.0 during many years. But I have seen such error first time. I should like to find pdf fixer. 81458
  10. Suggestions for free audio software

Suggestions for free audio software: Am set up now and wanting to add some software for copying to and playing audio from the Music library now that WMP is not in 10. So any suggestions welcome *Smile 55432