Windows 10: Problem with audio output: disconnection when monitor turns off

Discus and support Problem with audio output: disconnection when monitor turns off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everybody! Sorry for any error but I am from Italy. I have a problem with Windows 10 installed on my Macbook Pro Retina 13". When I am in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nicky Yellows, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Problem with audio output: disconnection when monitor turns off

Hello everybody! Sorry for any error but I am from Italy.

I have a problem with Windows 10 installed on my Macbook Pro Retina 13".
    When I am in battery mode and monitor turns off for the energy saving (whatever interval time I choose), if I have not any app using the audio (for example Media Player), the computer disconnects the audio output. So, the sound come out from the internal speakers. I can just solve disconnecting and connecting again the jack in the audio output.

If I run a music program, I have no problem.

If I use the power cable, I have no problem. With or without any music program running.

How can I solve this issue?

Hope I was quite clear explaining my problem.

Thanks for your help!

Nick

:)

Nicky Yellows, Aug 17, 2016

2. Surface Book audio problems when connected to external monitor

I have a Surface Book connected to the Surface Doc and I've connected my new Samsung S22D300 monitor via a mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable to the Doc. Everything visually detects fine, but the computer won't output any audio whilst the monitor is connected!
    But when I disconnect the computer from the Doc the audio works. I've tried several times and rebooted the computer but I still get no audio output from my computer whilst it's connected to the monitor via the Doc. Can you help please resolve the problem?

Jackie Matthews, Aug 17, 2016
  3. BTF55 Win User
    HDMI Audio: Are Multiple Devices Possible?

I have a laptop with an HDMI port, as well as a monitor with speakers. I have no problems setting up multiple displays at once. Nor do I have any problems switching the audio from laptop to monitor and vice versa.

My question is, is it possible to use both sets of speakers at once, where they output whichever audio is on that screen? Ie, if I put a video on the monitor display, can the monitor speakers output the corresponding audio on the monitor's speakers, while
    my laptop's speakers output what I have playing on the laptop screen?

BTF55, Aug 17, 2016
Thema:

Problem with audio output: disconnection when monitor turns off

1. Problem with audio output: disconnection when monitor turns off - Similar Threads - Problem audio output

2. Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it: I have two monitors, both connected on DP.When I turn off my secondary monitor, nothing happens. That's good.When I turn off my primary monitor, something happens: Windows acts as though it was disconnected, and moves all windows and desktop icons over to the much smaller...
  3. Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it: I have two monitors, both connected on DP.When I turn off my secondary monitor, nothing happens. That's good.When I turn off my primary monitor, something happens: Windows acts as though it was disconnected, and moves all windows and desktop icons over to the much smaller...
  4. Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Losing audio playback when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Losing audio playback when monitor turns off: I can't seem to figure out my audio pauses when my monitor turns off. I recently built a new PC and I didn't have this problem before, the only thing that changed was my hardware. I have a DisplayPort connected to my GPU and monitor and I have self-powered speakers connected...
  6. Turn off monitor problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Turn off monitor problem: Hi Sometimes I need my PC to keep working even though I'm not there, so I want to turn off my monitors, but if I do that and then when I turn them back on again later, all the apps that were on second and third screen have moved to screen one. Is there any way to make all...
  7. Turn off monitor problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off monitor problem: Hi Sometimes I need my PC to keep working even though I'm not there, so I want to turn off my monitors, but if I do that and then when I turn them back on again later, all the apps that were on second and third screen have moved to screen one. Is there any way to make all...
  8. Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it

Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it: I have two monitors, both connected on DP. When I turn off my secondary monitor, nothing happens. That's good. When I turn off my primary monitor, something happens: Windows acts as though it was disconnected, and moves all windows and desktop icons over to the much...
  9. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...
  10. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...