Windows 10: Problem with auto shutting down by Task Scheduler

Discus and support Problem with auto shutting down by Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. I tried using the task scheduler to shut my laptop off in 12 AM because I fall asleep using it and cannot shut it manually. I read the instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by art143, Feb 8, 2019.

1. art143 Win User

Problem with auto shutting down by Task Scheduler

Hi. I tried using the task scheduler to shut my laptop off in 12 AM because I fall asleep using it and cannot shut it manually. I read the instructions to set up the shut down and followed all the steps (Start Shutdown.exe; and even add the argument -s) but the laptop will not shut down. Furthermore, once I add the task, it does not pop up in the active task list and appears only after the trigger time but with a blank in the location field "\" instead of the location of the shutdown program. I tried it multiple times but it did not work. Ultimately, I decided to run the shutdown program myself (just dblclick the shut down button) but nothing happens. Shut down through start works fine, but on startup all my programs from the previous session resume and it seems like the computer was on sleep rather on shut down (It does not respond or wake up on clicking a random key though, like in the case of sleep). What can I do to fix this issue?

Also, can anyone tell me what the "-s" does in the argument field?

:)

art143, Feb 8, 2019

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Task scheduler

No errors found by each suggestion. May have to do a clean install unless someone has a different solution

disherabcd, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Problem with auto shutting down by Task Scheduler

Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

The Steps which resolve this problem on my computer :

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Open Task Scheduler
    • Navigate in the Task Scheduler Library (Nothing else !!!)
    And the message deseapear and I can create a task !!!

PhilippeCORMIER, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Problem with auto shutting down by Task Scheduler

1. Problem with auto shutting down by Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Problem auto shutting

2. Task Scheduler Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Problem: While using Task Scheduling and creating a basic task, when on the screen to select the start time of the task, I cannot select a day in the future. It only let me choose today....
  3. Task Scheduler - problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler - problem: I open today the task scheduler and this is it:After i find this What is this. A fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-problem/55faf514-6fb0-42ac-a39a-d4bff8162a1a
  4. Schedule shut down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Schedule shut down?: Hi, Ok I am inexperienced with Windows 10 and I am sure this is a simple one for you all. Is there a setting where I can schedule my computer to shut down at the same time each night? I have looked on google but no joy so I am hoping you can help me out. Thank for your...
  5. I created a Scheduled Task to shut down my PC.. Not showing up in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I created a Scheduled Task to shut down my PC.. Not showing up in Task Scheduler: I ran Task Scheduler as Admin, created a one time task by going to Actions > Start a Program > Typed ion shutdown with -s option. Even a refresh in task scheduler does not show my created task in Active Tasks. I have checked show hidden, still nothing. In...
  6. Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing

Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing: I seem to be having a problem with windows task manager on windows 10 When i start it it seems to shut itself down after a few mins, when i goto the show hidden icons in the task bar it shows multiple task manager icons and when i hover over them they disappear and i have...
  7. Problem- auto self shutting down and restart auto there after

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem- auto self shutting down and restart auto there after: My pc has problem... go to start up it with power on button and go 3-sec and auto restart repeatedly Before this when was going to startup when entered Windows auto restart repeatedly May power button has problem or... UPS slot Problem... connect to other slot?...
  8. Auto-shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto-shut down: After updating to windows 1909, I am experiencing auto shut down issues with my notebook at 20% battery level. So I did reset my pc and the issue is solved like magic but, then after installing all my apps, the issue is back again. My pc specs:- HP omen 15 i7-8750h gtx1050...
  9. Task scheduler problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task scheduler problem: I upgraded my system from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and encountered an issue with Task scheduler. When I run a command "winver.exe", it doesn’t work with "Run whether user is logged on or not" and "Run with highest privileges". It works only with "Run only when user is logged...
  10. Task Scheduler Problem

Task Scheduler Problem: So I Wanted to Update Nvidia Geforce Experience but Than it gave me an error that Task scheduler must run (never had this problem I just could update Nvidia) and now I Have Searched On The whole internet trying to find a solution for it and Nothing worked . I Did Like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. command line task schedule to shutdown win machine when no one log into the machine