Windows 10: Problem with auto start from hibernation using Task Scheduler

Discus and support Problem with auto start from hibernation using Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; With my Win 7 system, running on a desk-top, I have successfully configured Task Scheduler to restart from hibernation at a specified time of day. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NoSmoke, May 5, 2019.

1. NoSmoke Win User

Problem with auto start from hibernation using Task Scheduler

With my Win 7 system, running on a desk-top, I have successfully configured Task Scheduler to restart from hibernation at a specified time of day. This works fine - the computer powers up and already loaded programs continue functioning.

Problem is that with a Windows 10 install on the same machine, the computer powers up, the 4 pane blue windows logo with the spinning dots below appear on the screen (as normal) but the screen then goes blank and nothing else seems to happen except that I can hear the HD working. I can though get the screen back and the programs executing by simply moving the mouse or typing a key. When I restart from hibernation however, not via Task Scheduler, but by pressing the power button, everything works normally.

This is causing me a big problem as I want to switch to Win 10 but I also need the computer to restart from hibernation automatically at the specified time of day (without having to have anyone there to type a key or move the mouse). I have tried turning Fast Startup off (per instructions on this forum) but that made no difference.

Can anyone please suggest a fix for this? Thanks much in advance for any assistance.

:)

NoSmoke, May 5, 2019

2. Information on task Scheduling

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the suggestions below:

By default, if it's time for your regularly scheduled backup and your computer is off, sleeping, or hibernating, Windows Backup skips the backup and waits for your next scheduled backup. However, if you want to automatically wake the computer
    to perform backup, you can use the task scheduler.

To schedule a task to wake the computer before the scheduled backup time follow these steps:

1. Click on Start button and type “Task Scheduler” in the start search box and press enter.

2. Select the “Task Scheduler” from the menu and click on “Actions” and then select “Create task”.

3. Click “Conditions” tab and make sure that “Wake the computer to run this task” is checked.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 5, 2019
  3. Task Scheduler service will not start.

Thank you for updating us. If Task Scheduler will not start, we suggest that you restart it. The service might be disabled that's why the task will not run. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot Task Scheduler.

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Services in the Start Search box.
    • Right-Click Services, and select Run as Administrator.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click
      Continue.
    • Right-click the Task Scheduler Service and select Restart.
    And have you tried running the System File Checker scan as an Administrator. For more information check this
    article. You can also perform DISM after performing SFC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, May 5, 2019
  4. Problem with auto start from hibernation using Task Scheduler

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Problem with auto start from hibernation using Task Scheduler

1. Problem with auto start from hibernation using Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Problem auto start

2. Programs started using scheduled tasks are shutting down during Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs started using scheduled tasks are shutting down during Hibernate: I have set up a series of scheduled tasks to run on Monday morning, in order to automate the start of software that often takes about 5 minutes to start up. I normally start things at home while getting ready, then hibernate my machine, and then I can start working...
  3. Programs started using scheduled tasks are shutting down during Hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs started using scheduled tasks are shutting down during Hibernate: I have set up a series of scheduled tasks to run on Monday morning, in order to automate the start of software that often takes about 5 minutes to start up. I normally start things at home while getting ready, then hibernate my machine, and then I can start working...
  4. Programs started using scheduled tasks are shutting down during Hibernate

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Use task scheduler for hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Use task scheduler for hibernation: Windows 10 64 Pro ver. 2004 (os build 19041.1165) Most time window will not hibernate after the designated time has past and keeps on running. So I decided to use task scheduler to tell my computer to go to sleep. It works with one exception, it doesn't wait the 30 minutes...
  6. Win 10 Task Scheduler will not awake from hibernation properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Task Scheduler will not awake from hibernation properly: I have task scheduler on my new Win 10 desktop configured to wake from hibernation at a specified time of day. The computer does power up at the specified time and the Windows icon and spinning dots first appear on the screen in a similar fashion to what happens when wake...
  7. Problem with auto shutting down by Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with auto shutting down by Task Scheduler: Hi. I tried using the task scheduler to shut my laptop off in 12 AM because I fall asleep using it and cannot shut it manually. I read the instructions to set up the shut down and followed all the steps (Start Shutdown.exe; and even add the argument -s) but the laptop will...
  8. Task Scheduler is not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler is not starting: Whenever I try to start Task Scheduler, it always brings me to an error. It says, "The Task Scheduler service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in us by other services or programs. I need to start this, so I can...
  9. Start An EXE Minimized After Wake Up From Hibernate In Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start An EXE Minimized After Wake Up From Hibernate In Task Scheduler: Hello, I want to start an EXE program Minimized, or better yet, hidden (so I don't see its program in the Taskbar) only when the computer comes back from Hibernate. (This EXE file does the command to delete the hiberfil.sys file.) It only runs for a split second, yet I don't...
  10. Task Scheduler Will Not Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Will Not Start: Hey everyone, Have an issue with task scheduler not stating which is causing issues with say Nvidia Geforce Experience not starting as it requires it to update. When I try to start it from services I get that error. [img] When I try to launch the task scheduler...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. auto start from hibernation