Windows 10: Problem with automatic numbering of footnotes in Windows 10. I am a subscriber, so have the...

Discus and support Problem with automatic numbering of footnotes in Windows 10. I am a subscriber, so have the... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Automatic footnote insertion works fine for most of the long document I am editing. However, at one point the numbering goes wrong, so I have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FrithHooton, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Problem with automatic numbering of footnotes in Windows 10. I am a subscriber, so have the...

Automatic footnote insertion works fine for most of the long document I am editing. However, at one point the numbering goes wrong, so I have the correct footnote indicators in the text, but they are incorrect in the footnotes at the bottom of the page: for example, in the text I have 31, 32, 33, 34, but the footnotes run 31, 31, 32, 31, 34.

Double-clicking footnote 32, in the footnotes, does not sent the cursor to footnote indicator 32 in the text. That seems to be where the problem originates.

Double-clicking all three footnotes 31, in the footnotes, sends the cursor to the same footnote indicator 31 in the text.

Another problem, which may well be related, is that a number of paragraph marks i.e. 'Enter' symbols have inserted themselves into the footnotes and will not allow me to remove them. I get a message saying 'this is not a valid action for footnotes'.

Can anyone advise me how to put this problem right?

Thank you in advance,

FH.

:)

FrithHooton, Dec 22, 2019
  2. MG_4 Win User

Footnote number in text too high

Some of my footnote numbers in the document (not in the footnotes) are sitting half out of the box. They are set in superscript like the other footnotes but are too high. Why is this??

3. I lost my Footnotes and the letters of one footnote became the footnote of other numbers

footnote number 125 was Rahner, Theological Investigation, 121. But the footnotes following 125 became R 127 a 128 h 129 n 130 e 131 r , like this. how to solve the problem. i had already typed all my footnotes.

Jobins Manimala, Dec 22, 2019
  4. mudum Win User

Problem with automatic numbering of footnotes in Windows 10. I am a subscriber, so have the...

Indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text)?

How to indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text) automatically?

I have word 2013, and I would like to insert an indentation 1.5 between the raised number and the text in footnotes (see figure 1)

Figure 1
    1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    2xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When I go to "Footnote Text" style, and then paragraph to do the indentation, it moves the number and the text to the right (see figure 2). But I do not want this.

Figure 2
    1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If I use the hanging option, it only indents the texts below the first line (see figure 3)

Figure 3
    1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have gone to "Footnote Reference" style, but the "paragraph" tab is locked. I cannot enter. Can anybody help me how to unlock it? Alternatively, how can I get the results I want (figure 1)

Thanks, M.

mudum, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Problem with automatic numbering of footnotes in Windows 10. I am a subscriber, so have the...

1. Problem with automatic numbering of footnotes in Windows 10. I am a subscriber, so have the... - Similar Threads - Problem automatic numbering

2. I am having problems with this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having problems with this: I am having problems with thisntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+228859 fffff806`28000000 fffff806`29047000 0x01047000 0x7d02613e 6/17/2036 5:32:46 AM Idk if its the reason I keep crashing but whenever I am playing a game my pc will freeze for a bit then bluescreen giving me a DPC...
  3. I am having problems with this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having problems with this: I am having problems with thisntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+228859 fffff806`28000000 fffff806`29047000 0x01047000 0x7d02613e 6/17/2036 5:32:46 AM Idk if its the reason I keep crashing but whenever I am playing a game my pc will freeze for a bit then bluescreen giving me a DPC...
  4. i am having a windows problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i am having a windows problem: windows10 does not work at all. Not one aspect function or feature or any of it According to this community I am wrong. Windows 10 works great. Okay so if i am getting non stop errors and issues out of the box, after fresh installs on dozens of different computers, all...
  5. I am having printer problem in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am having printer problem in windows 10: I am not able to print anything from my printer and I am facing this issue after recent windows 10 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-printer-problem-in-windows-10/329359fa-f522-4cf2-baf4-e0cb4b9ce0c6
  6. Have a number of problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Have a number of problems: Main problems are that 1 when click on icons for email and Chrome, nothing happens; 2 same when click on windows icon on desktop; 3 when add hyperlinks in a file, they don't work....
  7. I am a Microsoft Answer Desk subscriber.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am a Microsoft Answer Desk subscriber.: I am a Microsoft Answer Desk subscriber. How many computers are covered? I have a PC and a laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-a-microsoft-answer-desk-subscriber/f6ca39a2-6f34-4da7-8cae-56c8b7e78337
  8. footnote numbering

in Cortana
    footnote numbering: I'm using Office 365 in windows 10. I made a mistake in numbering footnotes. Now I can't fix it or cancel the numbers. Anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/footnote-numbering/25ad29a9-2002-4de9-98d1-e1dc7031451e"
  9. Indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text)?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text)?: How to indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text) automatically? I have word 2013, and I would like to insert an indentation 1.5 between the raised number and the text in footnotes (see figure 1) Figure 1 1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...
  10. Office Word 2013: How to change the font of footnote numbering?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Word 2013: How to change the font of footnote numbering?: Does anybody know how you change the font of the footnote numbering in a document? Whenever I insert footnote, I get the number (1, 2, 3 ...) in "Times New Romans." I am using "Arial" for my writing, but I want the font "Tahoma" for the numbers of the footnotes. Is there any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem with number of footnotes