Windows 10: Problem with Bluetooth and wired mics

Discus and support Problem with Bluetooth and wired mics in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 on a brand new computer and having a problem getting any mics working on my computer. I have tried Bluetooth and just to plug a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by holiday_hawk, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Problem with Bluetooth and wired mics

I'm running Windows 10 on a brand new computer and having a problem getting any mics working on my computer. I have tried Bluetooth and just to plug a headset directly into my front and rear panel.Plugged in:When I plug a mic in, it's detected. You can see it here:https://imgur.com/ue3L1QaIf I smack the mic, it picks up audio as well you can even see it in that screenshot, but it doesn't pick up anything from me talking. I have tried to plug it in to the front and back mic panel. If I plug it into the headphone jack sound works just fine. I've tried to go into the Realtek control panel to t

:)

holiday_hawk, Jan 1, 2022
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jan 1, 2022
  3. Mussels Win User
    Wired USB -> bluetooth adaptor

... wheres the bluetooth part of that?

and why the hell did amazon list it under networking :/

Mussels, Jan 1, 2022
  4. IvanP91v Win User

Problem with Bluetooth and wired mics

Bluetooth headset as a 3.5mm mic?

Hello everyone.

I got a weird question for ya.

I've tried several BT headsets as microphones for in-game communication, VOIP chat, vent, etc.
    I've tried Plantronics M55, M70, Some Bluetooth 4.0 headset with "HD audio" and some old Nokia models, bunch of em with various protocol support, hands-free, A2DP, and various Bluetooth USB dongles 2.0 to 4.0

The problem is, all Bluetooth mics are extremely quiet AND pick up lots of noise (even if they are noise-cancelling). I've been reading threads from all over trying to figure out to make me sound clearer and louder, but the problem presists. I've ruled out hardware issues since ive tried different bt adapters, headsets, etc.

On the other hand, the 3.5mm mic that I have, even the super cheap ones, all sound super loud and clear.

Is there anything else I can possibly try to fix this?

Cause as the topic states
    : the only idea that I have is, and it probably wont work - can I connect some BT to 3.5mm receiver to the mic port, and pair a bt headset to it, so Windows treats it like 3.5mm mic instead of a regular headset? And if I do that, how can I still hear others over the same BT headset if its paired to the adapter/receiver?

I need it to be wireless, 3.5 obviously isnt.

I've checked a bunch of receivers - they all have the same problem, they can't receive and transmit at the same time to emulate a 3.5mm mic.

For now I turned myself up in Vent, so im louder, but it also increases my background noise or something, my room is quiet, on 3.5mm in loud and clear.

Is there a bluetooth headset that guaranteed to be loud and clear? That has extensive mic control in Windows?

Thanks.
    *55644-060bc2f238835be34d7240621af50ad4.jpg* *55645-79381b32f859cfd2d971538400061d99.jpg*

IvanP91v, Jan 1, 2022
Thema:

Problem with Bluetooth and wired mics

1. Problem with Bluetooth and wired mics - Similar Threads - Problem Bluetooth wired

2. Wired Mic Not Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Mic Not Detected: I have a 3.5mm wired microphone I plugged to my pc , it shows as headphones , not show as input device how I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-mic-not-detected/b420724c-189d-46e7-80ae-067902e2374c
  3. Wired Mic Not Detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Mic Not Detected: I have a 3.5mm wired microphone I plugged to my pc , it shows as headphones , not show as input device how I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-mic-not-detected/b420724c-189d-46e7-80ae-067902e2374c
  4. Bluetooth headset with mic mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headset with mic mic not working: In windows 11 I just purchased a Bluetooth headset with mic. I can see in settings that the headset is pared but not the mic. I can hear but not talk. When searching for the device in the mic section it does not seem to be found? Both computer and headset with mic are new?...
  5. Problem with Bluetooth and wired mics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Bluetooth and wired mics: I'm running Windows 10 on a brand new computer and having a problem getting any mics working on my computer. I have tried Bluetooth and just to plug a headset directly into my front and rear panel.Plugged in:When I plug a mic in, it's detected. You can see it...
  6. Problem with Bluetooth and wired mics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Bluetooth and wired mics: I'm running Windows 10 on a brand new computer and having a problem getting any mics working on my computer. I have tried Bluetooth and just to plug a headset directly into my front and rear panel.Plugged in:When I plug a mic in, it's detected. You can see it...
  7. Problems using mic with my Bluetooth headphones

Problems using mic with my Bluetooth headphones: I am using Sony WCH-CH510 Bluetooth wireless headphones with my Windows 10 Dell Latitude 7420 laptop. I am seeing a very weird behavior in the PC whenever I try using the microphone of the headphone. The applications do not release the microphone resource after using it. For...
  8. Problem with Bluetooth and Mic jack

Problem with Bluetooth and Mic jack: Im wondering i have this really weird problem that affects my mic and bluetooth connection it says this device does not support bluetooth even tho before i changed to linux i was on windows and worked fine. The mic when i plugged it into my other computer it completely fine...
  9. Mic on Bluetooth Headset or on Wired Headset Does Not Work with Camera App or Voice...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic on Bluetooth Headset or on Wired Headset Does Not Work with Camera App or Voice...: My Bluetooth headphone/mic and wired headphone/mic do not work with the Voice Recorder or Camera apps that came with the computer. I can hear through the headphones, but the apps will only use the computer microphone. When I use Zoom I can successfully use the headphones and...
  10. Wired headphones with boom mic.

Wired headphones with boom mic.: We are using for conference calls through Zoom, yes aware of Zoom problems. I purchased a set of SteelSeries ARCTIS 1. They have a 3.5 mm jack. My HP Spectre laptop has only one jack. We get sound but mic does not work .Can you help? We have available HDMI port. Appreciate...