Windows 10: Problem with Bluetooth failing each time after reboot

Discus and support Problem with Bluetooth failing each time after reboot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since upgrading my ASUS Zenbook to Win 10 three weeks ago, I've been having trouble with bluetooth. Basically, every time I turn off the computer (log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JBHK, Jun 1, 2016.

1. JBHK Win User

Problem with Bluetooth failing each time after reboot

Since upgrading my ASUS Zenbook to Win 10 three weeks ago, I've been having trouble with bluetooth. Basically, every time I turn off the computer (log off), when I reboot I get just one driver showing up and a "code 43" error (under device manager) and none of the usual bluetooth drivers load properly (and the bluetooth icon does not appear in the bottom tray). If I then delete the drivers and re-boot, bluetooth is re-installed correctly and works fine, until the next time I have to reboot. It is consistent. I assume this is a software issue, not hardware problem. I'm working in Taiwan at the moment and took the laptop to an ASUS service center, but the technician clearly had no idea of what to do and suggested it was a hardware problem and offered to change some parts.

Extra info: I found that the update log did note an error (I can't find that now, so cannot state what it said but it was vague.) I have used two different mouses and it is not a problem of the mouse.

I've spent many hours on this, and am about to give up and simply revert to Win 8.1. This seems silly since Microsoft claimed the laptop was Win 10 compliant, and I think ASUS claims as much too. If anyone has any suggestions, I would much appreciate it.

:)

JBHK, Jun 1, 2016
  2. magicoliv Win User

[ N70 ] : buetooth connexion

Hi,

I've got a problem with my N70.

Each time I reboot my Pc, there is no bluetooth connexion checked in the "Nokia connection manager". I need to check "Bluetooth (Thosiba)" each time I reboot. Can somebody help me?

Thanx

Olivier

magicoliv, Jun 1, 2016
  3. Plantronic Voyager Legend problem or Nokia Lumia 1520?

Thanks for replying back to me. Past 10 years I have been using nothing but Windows phones and all my phone never shut off the Bluetooth after rebooting the phone only 1520 shut Bluetooth off after rebooting the phone in Bluetooth under setting. So if
    I reboot my phone for what ever reason, after the reboot Bluetooth is off in my phone 1520. Each and every time after reboot I have to go to setting, Bluetooth and turn it back on in 1520. Why 1520 is doing that?

Arizona PC Junkie, Jun 1, 2016
  4. JBHK Win User

Here is the log of the last time I rebooted and bluetooth failed to load, in case this means something to some one. Thanks.

Code: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 2016-06-02 13:31:21 Event ID: 441 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: JBasus Description: Device USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC\5&20ff75d2&0&8 could not be migrated. Last Device Instance Id: BTHENUM\Dev_001DDFAA8433\7&2e2a7ca0&0&BluetoothDevice_001DDFAA8433 Class Guid: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974} Location Path: Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF122 Present: true Status: 0xC0000719 Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}" /> <EventID>441</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-06-02T05:31:21.261625500Z" /> <EventRecordID>1499</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="5684" /> <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration</Channel> <Computer>JBasus</Computer> <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" /> </System> <EventData> <Data Name="DeviceInstanceId">USB\VID_8087&amp;PID_07DC\5&amp;20ff75d2&amp;0&amp;8</Data> <Data Name="LastDeviceInstanceId">BTHENUM\Dev_001DDFAA8433\7&amp;2e2a7ca0&amp;0&amp;BluetoothDevice_001DDFAA8433</Data> <Data Name="ClassGuid">{E0CBF06C-CD8B-4647-BB8A-263B43F0F974}</Data> <Data Name="LocationPath"> </Data> <Data Name="MigrationRank">0xf000fffffffff122</Data> <Data Name="Present">true</Data> <Data Name="Status">0xc0000719</Data> </EventData> </Event>[/quote]

JBHK, Jun 1, 2016
  5. awalt Win User
    I am having the exact same problem on a HP Zbook 17, it too seemed to start with the most recent Windows 10 update. I have found you can even just disable/enable the device, and the two additional devices "Microsoft Bluetooth Emulator" and "Microsoft Bluetooth LE Emulator" will show up, and devices will be reporting they are operating properly, and the laptop shows up to be paired on my phone or tablet.

But as JBHK reported, once I reboot I get error 43 and the two emulator devices disappear.

awalt, Jun 2, 2016
  6. JBHK Win User
    I have "solved" this problem by reverting to Win 8.1. Everything works fine now. To complicate matters further, after a week, I could not get bluetooth to load properly anymore. Plus, I discovered that my Olympus dictation foot pedal did not work either. After reverting to Win 8.1, everything works fine. So I don't think I'll upgrade to Win 10 on this machine. Cheers.

JBHK, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with Bluetooth failing each time after reboot - Similar Threads - Problem Bluetooth failing

2. Drive is marked as dirty after each reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive is marked as dirty after each reboot: Hi,after the installation of 22H2 last week my drive C: constantly marks as dirty, with the permanent check every startup. Disk is Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB and it is absolutely good.What can cause that odd behavior?...
  3. Drive is marked as dirty after each reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive is marked as dirty after each reboot: Hi,after the installation of 22H2 last week my drive C: constantly marks as dirty, with the permanent check every startup. Disk is Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB and it is absolutely good.What can cause that odd behavior?...
  4. Reinstall windows after each reboot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall windows after each reboot.: I recently built my first pc and installed windows 10 from a flash drive. I purchased a key for it. Now, every time I turn my computer off and then on again it makes me reinstall windows. I have tried changing the boot options on the bios screen. I have tried every different...
  5. Reinstall windows after each reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall windows after each reboot.: I recently built my first pc and installed windows 10 from a flash drive. I purchased a key for it. Now, every time I turn my computer off and then on again it makes me reinstall windows. I have tried changing the boot options on the bios screen. I have tried every different...
  6. Reinstall windows after each reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Reboot Notification request each time I reboot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot Notification request each time I reboot.: I have a Lenova laptop and it has just installed some Windows 10 updates. I now keep getting the following notification even after I do a reboot (at least 5 times). Restart required Your pc needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device Pci bus Can anyone...
  8. PC freezing/rebooting multiple times each hour

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezing/rebooting multiple times each hour: This seemed like the most appropriate forum to post in, I have been across the internet and so far all attempts to find the problem or a solution have failed. The problem: My PC will intermittently freeze for up to 5 seconds and it occurs maybe 1 or 2 times per hour. If...
  9. Windows 10 Proxy problem after each reboot...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Proxy problem after each reboot...: Never had this problem before. Just since Windows 10. All is working great in my Windows 10 except for this problem. When I reboot, each time Network my Internet is down. Problem is System defaulting to Settings/Network and Internet/Proxy/Manual Proxy Setup/Use Proxy Setup...
  10. Sound Driver lost after each reboot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Driver lost after each reboot.: Hi there. Since upgrading to win 10, I am having problems with sound not being permanent. Don't quite know how to approach it. This is VIA HD audio on an ECS motherboard. The icon on the taskbar shows that sound is on, and at 75%. But when I test it, there is no sound coming...